• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diets that cause guilt

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So. Im avoiding any major parties/get togethers that have huge spreads of food. I have a bit of trouble over eating, so I fix that with proper portioning. When I cook at home, I do really well.. but..

...When the UFC fight comes up and my sister makes fajitas and queso, and I don't want to go and stay home to eat spaghetti and stay on track, she doesn't quite understand.. and its hard to explain. "So just dont eat! come on over!" It's never so simple is it? :laugh:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So. Im avoiding any major parties/get togethers that have huge spreads of food. I have a bit of trouble over eating, so I fix that with proper portioning. When I cook at home, I do really well.. but..

...When the UFC fight comes up and my sister makes fajitas and queso, and I don't want to go and stay home to eat spaghetti and stay on track, she doesn't quite understand.. and its hard to explain. "So just dont eat! come on over!" It's never so simple is it? :laugh:

This might sound weird but can you take a divided plate with you? Or a bento box or something to control the portions? I also have some of those trays with little areas for things, like kids use in a cafeteria. They work great for a buffet.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
bento4.jpg

Only eat a boxful.

Fecal McAngry

One of the great advantages of a high-fat, low-carb, moderate protein diet relative to the popular low-fat diets is the ease with which one stays on it primarily due to the dramatic reduction in hunger/cravings one experiences. LF diets seem almost perversely designed to induce addictive and compulsive behaviors wrt to food...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
These are all good suggestions. :) I do have several bento boxes, but they're in storage still since all my kitchen stuff is tucked away when I moved back home.. Maybe I'll have to set some time digging them out and keep a set boxes in the car.

Eating out is another thing I have a problem with.. @-@.. I just <3 food so much.. And its funny because I honestly don't have a large appetite. I can cook a small portion meal and be satisfied entirely.. but then I just end up eating more than that from the loving-food end of the chart.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the great advantages of a high-fat, low-carb, moderate protein diet relative to the popular low-fat diets is the ease with which one stays on it primarily due to the dramatic reduction in hunger/cravings one experiences. LF diets seem almost perversely designed to induce addictive and compulsive behaviors wrt to food...

+1 ketogenic/low carb is healthy and easy to make into a lifestyle. Its as easy as eggs and bacon for breakfast (if im on the go, I do cheese), meat and vegetables for dinner. Lunch is tough due to the propensity for everyone to want sandwiches. You can still enjoy the benefits even with 100g carbs a day though. Plenty to have a sandwich at lunch. Just ask yourself (goes to anyone) one question, where would have paleolithic man been able to forage the hundreds of grams of carbs a day that modern nutritionist recommend?

stay home to eat spaghetti and stay on track, she doesn't quite understand..

I straight up laughed out loud. Since when is spaghetti healthy? Even in the world of the high carb US food pyramid, it takes like a 1000 kcals of spaghetti to fill me up (+ a nap) :rofl1: :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:wacko: Whole wheat spaghetti with eggplant, onion, spices, some cooked turkey meat, and proper portioning is definitely healthy.

I just don't eat a bulldozer's worth the way you do apparently. :dry:

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
+1 ketogenic/low carb is healthy and easy to make into a lifestyle. Its as easy as eggs and bacon for breakfast (if im on the go, I do cheese), meat and vegetables for dinner. Lunch is tough due to the propensity for everyone to want sandwiches. You can still enjoy the benefits even with 100g carbs a day though. Plenty to have a sandwich at lunch. Just ask yourself (goes to anyone) one question, where would have paleolithic man been able to forage the hundreds of grams of carbs a day that modern nutritionist recommend?

You have eggs and bacon every day?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Try to eat pretzels! I love pretzels and they aren't that bad for you, so I bring them to the movies.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
A trick of mine: always have food available when ye're hungry. Carry around an apple with cheese, a little container with that tasty pasta in it (I do the whole wheat thing too, or spinach pasta - with meat sauce :)). Or know what you can go into the store and pick up quickly on the way, should you wish.

Oh, and use the time delay with eating - it takes twenty-ish minutes for one's body to realise it has eaten (i.e., to begin feeling satieted). So perhaps try eating something before you go to the party, or have some food and go do an activity (cheering on your team?) for a bit before more food?

Anything with fiber is a good bet - that's why the pasta isn't as filling as apples or wild rice, and why eating vegetables helps so much (filling substances with little in the way of calories). Also, do you like tea? Drinking a glass of water (or tea, as I get bored with regular water :dry:) with each meal helps balance the food and keep one hydrated.

One last thing: this helps me with gauging how hungry I actually am - I eat the protein first in a meal. Then vegetables & fruits, then grains 'n stuff.

Also, I'm not saying do all of these things at once, but try out small things to see what works for ye. Hopefully this helped at least a bit. :)

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Once you start eating healthier, it gets A LOT easier.

When I was sixteen, I quit drinking soda. Now I rarely drink it (A miracle considering university dining and my family's eating habits).

Also, I'm a vegetarian. It was hard, then it got easier.

My addiction used to be bread/cheese. I eliminated the foods from my diet and ate a consistent diet, eventually I didn't need the fattening foods.

My snack foods? All fruit smoothies and chips & salsa. :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Once you start eating healthier, it gets A LOT easier.

When I was sixteen, I quit drinking soda. Now I rarely drink it (A miracle considering university dining and my family's eating habits).

Also, I'm a vegetarian. It was hard, then it got easier.

My addiction used to be bread/cheese. I eliminated the foods from my diet and ate a consistent diet, eventually I didn't need the fattening foods.

My snack foods? All fruit smoothies and chips & salsa. :)

Next step: giving up food altogheter!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Food pills would be extremely convenient. Imagine not having to ever pack your lunch again and yet remaining full until you get home for dinner? The Jetsons had it right. :laugh:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going out with friends is always a problem for me too here... I can never stay within my own guidelines of what I intended to eat when everyone all around me is eating random shit and having fun.

What can help you is to develop your own personal mantra. Mine is "do it as much as you love (name of my boyfriend)". Every time you feel like slacking, just think or say this to yourself over and over again.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Why do unhealthy foods taste so much better than healthy foods? :[

Because humans are inclined to find foods high in fat tastier, it is a leftover trait from our ancestors.
You can go back in time and thank them if you want. :cheese: