• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Napping!!!

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I get sleep-related migraines, so I don't nap. They're very refreshing, and I'd love to be able to do so often, but if I sleep too little or too long, I've shot the rest of my day. I do tend to fall asleep on the bus sometimes, but I'm never out long enough for it to be beneficial.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have this skill! I take 20 minute naps. Often, they serve as life-savers. I love it. Somehow, my body knows when to wake up and it's usually in 20 minute increments. If I go much past 30-40 minutes though, it can lead to feeling MORE tired instead of less as intended. So, longer naps are for weekends where they are justified. 20 minute naps on a really long work day could make the difference between a great energetic presentation and my "I want to go home now" face. Better all around post-nap. :yes:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I like to nap during the train commute (around 30 minutes each way) to university. At home, it's harder, but I generally can do it if I've been very active (esp. after cycling training). I usually don't feel bad after a nap.

Also, it depends on the time of year. From March to November, when it's warm/hot outside at 1 PM, it's sometimes natural to feel like napping. During the winter, not so much.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
When I was in Spain, I loved taking the mid-day siesta. It seems weird not to do it.

This is what I think of as well, because learning of the European (more Spanish, I suppose, but as it is), Spanish traditional way of going through the day... it just makes so much damn sense and feels good.

I've seen numerous studies as to how a midday nap (of a certain length) increases productivity by a large percentage, and frankly it simply assists in recharging.

Mmm, a spiced hot drink after napping on a cold day. :coffee:

T

ThatGirl

I would rather sacrifice 30 min of my lunch break to sleep than go an entire day half assed. I nap everyday. This way I function at full capacity in increments on surprisingly little sleep.

Goes like this. Wake up (6am), morning day. Lunch nap (12 to 12:30), second work day. Meal break (5:00 to 5:30), school day (5:30 to 10:10pm). After 10 is my personal day. Usually to bed around midnight to 1am. Then back at it at six am.

I take sleep, when I get it, very seriously and get pissy with anyone who fucks with it.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I keep a pillow and blanket in the last drawer of my filing cabinet at work for precisely this purpose. :newwink:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I dont know, for some reason taking naps during the day just makes me more tired. It's like teasing yourself!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost can't do it. A nap usually turns into a long sleep for me. I think it's related to the idea that JustHer mentioned.

T

ThatGirl

Then you people aren't tired enough. Naps help when you need more sleep to function than you are getting. If this isn't a problem then it probably doesn't pertain.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
i crash 2-3 times a week in the late afternoon, usually if ive been thinking a lot or had a hard workout. 1-2 hours tops, doesnt effect my sleep schedule. i love naps :jew:

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I like to nap on weekends when my sleep can be flexible.

Napping on weekdays messes with my sleep-work cycle.

I've never noticed any negative side effects from napping except for the disruption to the cycle. Or if the nap becomes more than a nap and I wake up 4 hours later. But if the nap becomes sleep then I probably really need it anyway...

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i love naps, but mine always end up being like 4-6 hours long which messes up my sleep schedule way too much

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Yes yes to naps. Although I tend to take 1-2 hr naps starting around 2ish only if I'm tired and I have a bit of spare time on my hands. I'll love to shorten that to 30-45min.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'd love to be able to nap, but it normally happens only when I'm ill. If I'm not ill, I have too much to do... and I prefer to relax with books, the internet, TV if I have the time. Naps usually gives me a feeling of being hung over afterwards, and it can take more than an hour to be awake and productive again. :doh:

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
its strange, i dont like napping.. but i usually go into my room after school, and i often gravitate into my bedroom and end up sitting on my bed, then lying down, then covers over my face. next thing i know its two hours later and i have no idea where the frick i am. i realize i took a nap, i swear at myself and groggily get up.