• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life Expectancy Calculator

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe. Good point.

Plus the exam presumes that your entered lifestyle choices (nutrition, levels of exercise, mental health) will remain static for the rest of your life.

Obviously, as conditions change, so too will your 'life expectancy'.

(That, and the calculator has a pretty wide-stroke; there's not much room for diagnostic individuality.)

Yes, if anything it seems to me that it should be biased toward those of younger age because as time goes on we know more about how to be to stay healthy. For example, I ate at MdDonalds regularly the first two decades of my life. :sick: But, I guess the app is going on that younger folks still have time to have more fatal accidents......Yet accidents are more a collective statistic, not an individual statistic. If you get killed at 25, you are no more likely to live to be 80, than 85. But, overall, I think it's pretty illuminating regarding lifestyle choices and how they affect longevity.

EDIT: However, it's not as biased as I thought. I retook it as a 20 y.o. and still got 94. :) Damn, I need to have more fun!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I did something wrong. It says I'm already dead.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Life Expectancy 100

Not surprising considering my grandparents are still alive and the greats died in their hundreds.

I will probably outlive my SO :(

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Life Expectancy 92.2 years.
Says I have about 25600 more days to live.
Well... Seems nice and all. Now i'm off to the gym. ;)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought that part was a bit hokey, but I played along...

virtual age 14.1, expectancy 92.9

Jenocyde, haven't you heard that, statistically, married people live longer? :smile: I'm not sure about that as regards my guy's longevity....sometimes I really want to murder him! I'm sure Ivy's got some statistics at her fingertips...........

I thought it was reeealllly funny how 'cheating' scored you the least amount of time.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Jenocyde, haven't you heard that, statistically, married people live longer? :smile: I'm not sure about that as regards my guy's longevity....sometimes I really want to murder him! I'm sure Ivy's got some statistics at her fingertips...........

I thought it was reeealllly funny how 'cheating' scored you the least amount of time.

Yeah, I've heard that statistic, but I don't know where it comes from, where the sample group was taken from, the length of the marriage, quality of marriage, etc... Being married to a cheating bastard is better for your health than being single? Hmpf. I can guarantee that any conniving a-hole I come across in my personal life will not outlive me. :smile:

Jock is right, though. I injure myself quite a bit to be living as long as they are projecting. I literally barely escaped death twice yesterday.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I've heard that statistic, but I don't know where it comes from, where the sample group was taken from, the length of the marriage, quality of marriage, etc... Being married to a cheating bastard is better for your health than being single? Hmpf. I can guarantee that any conniving a-hole I come across in my personal life will not outlive me. :smile:

Jock is right, though. I injure myself quite a bit to be living as long as they are projecting. I literally barely escaped death twice yesterday.

I don't have any statistics at my fingertips (though I might go hunt some down later) but IIRC the researchers hypothesized that bad marriages in the modern era tend to end, so if you are still married at an older age the chances are fairly great that the marriage is neutral at least and positive at best. Divorced, separated, widowed, and never-married people don't live as long as those who are married (even if it is not their first marriage). The idea being, as I understand it, that if you eventually settle in with someone who suits you for your old age years, you will have more of them.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't have any statistics at my fingertips (though I might go hunt some down later) but IIRC the researchers hypothesized that bad marriages in the modern era tend to end, so if you are still married at an older age the chances are fairly great that the marriage is neutral at least and positive at best. Divorced, separated, widowed, and never-married people don't live as long as those who are married (even if it is not their first marriage). The idea being, as I understand it, that if you eventually settle in with someone who suits you for your old age years, you will have more of them.

I guess I can understand the logic behind why they would make that assumption, but it's still a hard sell for me. The fact that you can't feel happy or settled "alone" or with friends or pets or other family members.

And I guess by marriage, they mean any serious relationship, right? Not just pen and paper, by law marriage?

Either way, I've often heard this quoted and I guess it always confused me.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I guess I can understand the logic behind why they would make that assumption, but it's still a hard sell for me. The fact that you can't feel happy or settled "alone" or with friends or pets or other family members.

And I guess by marriage, they mean any serious relationship, right? Not just pen and paper, by law marriage?

Either way, I've often heard this quoted and I guess it always confused me.

I don't think it means you can't be happy alone. Just that being married implies a support structure and sharing of the load of everyday life that ON AVERAGE may not be present for singles or divorced people. Part of it is the practical stuff, having someone to nag you to go to the doctor regularly and stuff like that.

And I think it means any cohabiting, long-term relationship is a marriage (whether common law or official).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok so, does anyone actually know their cholesterol levels? I don't know mine, I have no clue what's normal and what's not.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't think I had mine checked until I was 25 or 30.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Biological age 25
Virtual age 20.1
Average life expectancy 74
Your life expectancy 78.9

Above average ain't bad. :)
"I'm jumping out of a plane right now."

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Biological Age: 25 [well not for another few weeks, but.. *shrug*]
Virtual Age: 2.2 :laugh:

Average Life Expectancy: 74
Your Life Expectancy: 95.8

You can expect to live approximately another 26200 more days."

That seemed surprisingly high to me..
Not sure I trust this Peter Russell fellow. He looks like a ghoul.