• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Morning people and Night people

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it is a question of dark - and thats what i like
12am-6am

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Give me darkness or give me death! :soapbox:

Mornings suck, I'm a lot more happy and frisky at night.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
I am much better at night.
Honestly, I have no problem in staying up till 4 AM, though I have serious problems in waking up before 9AM, no matter how early I go to bed. I might as well go to sleep at 10 (highly unlikely) still have trouble waking up early.

Not to mention that my brain works best after 9 PM. I have found that the assignments wrote after 10 PM were a significant improvement from those written in the middle of the day.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Architecture. Nuff said.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a morning person!

6am! Quiet house to yourself.. hot tea.. things to check (email, posts, news).. the blue morning sky...

Love it!

Night time? Noise, tiredness, people up and about.. Not for me.

P

Phantonym

How much of a morning/night person is due to habit, do you think? Could you train your body/mind to become a morning person, if you consider yourself to be a night person, and vice versa? Or do you think you are doomed to enjoy one more than the other?

I believe we are all creatures of habit. And I do believe it's possible to train your body to get used to being alert and feeling good, even in the morning, in my case. At least in theory. However, the thing is, if I stay on a strict routine for a while, I could probably manage to "become a morning person". But if I got a weekend to stay up late, I would relapse! So maybe we are naturally one or the other.

I agree, it is possible to "train" yourself. I can keep up the routine like waking up at 7 every morning and it does become a habit and I can wake up at 7 even without an alarm clock and I feel wonderful, energetic and alert. It's all in the mind. But, in my case as well, when I mess up the routine, it's all downhill from there. So, I can certainly change the habit when I have to and feel really good about it but when I don't have any pressure to wake up at a certain time, I can wake up whenever I feel like.

I can't really say that I've noticed a pattern that would indicate that I naturally tend to favour one or the other.

It all depends on what I've done during the day, how tired I am, being mentally tired is even worse than being physically tired, the weather conditions and my mood definitely influence that as well. And it's all about the quality of sleep as well. Sometimes even a few hours is enough to keep you feeling well rested for a long time and sometimes even 10 hours isn't enough.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely a night person. If I can choose (and luckily I can to some degree), I almost never go to bed before 12 ... at the moment, I go to bed at maybe 6 or 7 a.m. (it's true). It's even a bit too late for me, but I don't mind staying up until two or three in the morning.
The time I enjoy most is between 6 and 12 in the evening, that that's also where I'm usually the most productive (writing my stuff etc.).
When I have to work (summer jobs mostly), I have to get up at 5:30, which isn't much of a deal (I want to be on time and not lose my job after all), and I can do well with as little as six hours of sleep, provided that I can catch up a little on the weekends. But it's not what I prefer if I can do otherwise.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
How much of a morning/night person is due to habit, do you think? Could you train your body/mind to become a morning person, if you consider yourself to be a night person, and vice versa? Or do you think you are doomed to enjoy one more than the other?

yeah, i am very much a late night person, but when i was a firefighter i loved mornings. more than that, i was able to wake up instantly and snap into high gear immediately after waking. it was a necessity. but now, it takes me much longer to "wake up", and i am more lethargic and less energized when i wake up.

wolfy

awsm
When I was a Baker I got used to the early mornings and enjoyed it. Now I work late and have gotten used to that. I think I am more productive in the morning but enjoy the late nights more.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm perrrrrfect between the hours of 6pm-6am.

But from like 6am, all day until the evening, I'm kind of drowsy.

I love the night life.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Which are you?

I cant figuire out which I am. In the mornings I work my best, while at any time after 18:00 I'm in a sleepish haze. And yet, I find it hard to get up in the morning and I often put off going to bed at night.

Do I like being dopey?! :sleeping:

This is so me. I often wonder why I stay up late and sabotage my mornings. I DO my best work in the morning (or at night when no children are awake, but overall better in the morn)

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm definitely a night person, but I can adapt. I resent having to adapt, though. Mornings just suck. Nothing good happens before noon, ever.
QFT + does anyone know what's wrong with morning ppl?

I'm a night person forced to live a morning person's life.

dreaded situation

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Definitely a night person. It sucks that we have this 9 to 5 society. Cause it's at night that I have most energy and want to do all my shopping/work/school etc.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't think that this is trainable!
For two years I had to wake up at 6 AM everyday and although I went to bed at 11PM or earlier, I never ever got used to this. It terrorized me to such an extent that I was anxious for week-ends and holidays not for the free time but because I didn't have to wake up early.:cry:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a night person forced to live a morning person's life.

Same thing pretty much here. Get up during the week between 5 and 7am. It takes me about three hours to fully wake up after liberal doses of caffine.

Shaunward

I'm both a morning and night person. I find the morning and night both have an energy about them that I cannot explain.

I find I linger in the day, bored. Maybe it's because that's when the bulk of the business world is active. Don't get me wrong, I love work - it's the feeling of progress. At sundown, every thing seems faster-paced and more active. I get a thrill from the pressure, the tension.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm a hardcore night owl.

5PM to 4AM would be my regular operating hours. Beyond those precincts, I'm lost in brain fog.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I might be a night person. I think it's because I'm a college student and all... not really able to sleep early to wake up early like I used to... and my Circadian rhythm is out of wack. Around 6am is when my mind finally tells me I am sleepy. :shrug:.

I'm still able to go to sleep around midnight though, just require energy or something.