• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Morning people and Night people

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which are you?

I cant figuire out which I am. In the mornings I work my best, while at any time after 18:00 I'm in a sleepish haze. And yet, I find it hard to get up in the morning and I often put off going to bed at night.

Do I like being dopey?! :sleeping:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is a weird concept in general. I am a morning person or a night person depending on how my days are structured. If I need to stay up late pretty often (for work, school, or getting sloshed), then I will definitely NOT like mornings. If I;m doing 9-5 for five days a week, I will just adapt to that and start hating being up late even on weekends

P

Phantonym

I have no idea which I am either. I can adapt. I can wake up early in the morning, noon, late afternoon; go to bed early in the evening, early in the morning, whatever. I can establish a routine where I have no problems with waking up early but when I don't follow it and let the sleep cycle get all twisted I have no problems with staying up all night and sleeping all day long. I also have no problems with going for weeks with only a few hours of sleep followed by weeks of 10-12-? hours of sleep a day. I usually get frustrated by the routine and change it until I get frustrated again and change it again, over and over again.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm adaptable. I am what I have to be, sort of. However, I enjoy staying up late more than getting up early.
I get up early for a reason, but I can stay up all night for no reason at all.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I can sleep 12+ hours every single night if I am able to, did it for 3+ weeks during vacation. Usually 12am to 12pm. I can not wake myself up early, but I like the feeling of mornings, i.e. 12pm, which is morning to me, is my favorite time of day, I'm in the best mood just after waking up. I'm like a morning person on a delayed schedule.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm definitely a night person, but I can adapt. I resent having to adapt, though. Mornings just suck. Nothing good happens before noon, ever.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a middle of the day person! :)

Really, I'm not my best in the morning or evening... I'd rather just work through most of lunch hour and call it a day...

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am a night person I think, but still will use the night to sleep, since society expects me to do so.

I am totally useless at early morning.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ at Tallulah & your final comment - :laugh:

I think I must be more of a morning person. I love the feel of mornings, the sense of freshness, and being able to get things done in the mornings so that I can rest up for the rest of the day. Plus since I'm into nature-y things, going on hikes is all about getting up early and being out there during the best time of day (as nature stuff goes, as well as temps). Also, the past several years no matter how late I go to bed, I still can't sleep in past 9 or 9:30.

I don't really have an issue staying up later in the evenings than normal (normal = 10 to 11pm), and when I have social things that's fine, but I can't say I *enjoy* staying up late...as I start getting groggy and thinking about how nice it would be to take a hot shower and get into bed. :smile:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a night person forced to live a morning person's life.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I forgot to add that people with good mood at mornings usually look suspect to me for some unknown reason.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Morning person. I'm usually up at 6 even on weekends, despite going to bed around 12-2. I really can't sleep that long unless I'm physically exhausted, and I feel like it's a tremendous waste of my day if I sleep in late. Not that I do anything. But I'd like to do what I want to do and sleep is usually not it.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'm very much a morning person. I like waking up around 5 or 6 am. I can stay up and have fun at night, but I can never sleep in.

Here is an interesting article along these lines :)

The Time of Our Lives

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm very much a morning person. I like waking up around 5 or 6 am. I can stay up and have fun at night, but I can never sleep in.

I wish I were like this! How do you manage to stay awake and get things done during the day? Do you take naps? Drugs? What?!

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I wish I were like this! How do you manage to stay awake and get things done during the day? Do you take naps? Drugs? What?!

I have a lull around 2pm everyday. Sometimes I have a glass of tea or coffee, sometimes, I'll close my for 20 min or so. But a nap is not necessary, if I do nothing the lull ends within the hour.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a night-owl. I have to get up at 6:30 for work, but I can never get to sleep before midnight.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Probably an evening person. I can stay up really late without much effort. Unfortunately this leaves me as a wreck in the morning. But even if I'm a wreck in the morning my fatigue will usually disappate by mid-evening and I can stay up late again.

I'm not sure this is really evening person behavior though.... I think being indoors with artificial lighting throws off my natural cycle.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How much of a morning/night person is due to habit, do you think? Could you train your body/mind to become a morning person, if you consider yourself to be a night person, and vice versa? Or do you think you are doomed to enjoy one more than the other?

I believe we are all creatures of habit. And I do believe it's possible to train your body to get used to being alert and feeling good, even in the morning, in my case. At least in theory. However, the thing is, if I stay on a strict routine for a while, I could probably manage to "become a morning person". But if I got a weekend to stay up late, I would relapse! So maybe we are naturally one or the other.