• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I retain water?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I definitely think there are differences in individual people's heat tolerances. I'd black out within 30 minutes. Maybe just do a different style of yoga. You don't get a prize for completing Sweaty Yoga. :-D

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Okay, this may seem like an odd request.

I was at a yoga class where the temperature was 105 degrees (F) and 40-60% humidity. I tried to drink water before class as recommended, but I kept pissing it out about five minutes after I drank it. I spent most of the 90 minutes on the floor trying not to black out. It's nearly three hours later and I'm still a bit dizzy, I'm surprised I was able to drive home.

If I were to try this again, how would I retain water? What can I do now, even? I still feel kind of dizzy.

maybe it's something you have to get used to?

anyway, try drinks like gatorade, they're special. you won't perspire or dehydrate as much.