• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eating and Drinking Poison

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
YouTube - Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Sharing a lecture by an academic on the poisoning of the American food supply.

The man makes a strong case as to why everything we thought we knew about diet and health is completely wrong.

Depression? Obesity, cancer, heart disease, diabetes type 2? ADD

The solution is simple and might be found in the content.

Enjoy!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enjoyed the Wellsphere article. Ever since I cut out sugar and refined grains, my energy level is up...shedding pounds without much effort. Coffee and beer consumption is way down. :)

P

Phantonym

Ever since I cut out sugar and refined grains, my energy level is up...shedding pounds without much effort.

I can't say the same about myself. I cut out refined sugar and grains years ago, the weight does go down without much effort but the energy level is the same or I'd even say that it's gone down a notch or two. Even though I don't regularly consume sugar now, I don't bend over backwards to avoid it either, I simply don't feel any craving for it. When it comes to energy, I'm mostly close to lethargic either way. Even with exercise.

The good thing is that after a few weeks of cutting down on sugar, you don't crave it at all. At least I don't. Which was not the case when I ate sugar regularly. Addiction feeds the addiction.

wolfy

awsm
I get a lot leaner and have much more energy when I take out the carbs. It does make me more aggressive too, which has it's good side and bad side.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What type of carbs? :confused:

That's a big subject.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Especially those of the high-fructose corn syrup variety.

I try to avoid that crap. But trying to find something without it can be frustrating. Hell, it's even in products you wouldn't think have/need sweetener.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I try to avoid that crap. But trying to find something without it can be frustrating. Hell, it's even in products you wouldn't think have/need sweetener.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Fortunately, I think that more and more people are becoming aware of it though, and manufacturers seem to be taking notice.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, this was REALLY interesting and freaking amazing.

By the way, this guy reminds me a lot of my presentation method (albeit with fewer corny jokes :D).

This is really great, thanks for sharing.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP

I've more than once walked home empty-handed from grocery shopping because almost all the food in all the stores has some kind of crap in it that's unhealthy :cry:

Oatmeal, bananas and black cofffee ftw.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, it feels odd sometimes to skip 90 percent of the whole freakn' store.

I wonder if there'd be a market for just a "small" grocery store without all the unhealthy crap in it?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fruit's still good for you, as long as it's still in it's natural fiber.

Fruit juices off the grocery shelf are bahhd. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Juice isn't bad for you. Don't be stupid.

It's refined white sugar and high fructose corn syrup. I find the excessive use of high fructose corn syrup to be a significant part of the reason why people are so fucking fat. I think high fructose corn syrup is THE DEVIL.

Cutting refined white sugar out of your diet is also a really easy way to lose weight. Not to mention avoiding diabetes in the long term.

There are other alternatives, like honey, brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, stevia, xylitol, and even Splenda that are better.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
OMFG!!! sugar is fine in moderation. seriously this is more idealist shit of people being all like i have to help humanity, whatever. I give up one day everything worth living for will be banned cuz of some fucking idealists telling me how i should or shouldn't live my life.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
All carbs, but especially sugars.

I don't agree with cutting out carbs. Our bodies NEED carbs. It's "bad" carbs like white bread that are the culprit (other than sugar). Eat brown bread. Eat brown rice. Buy products with whole grains and extra fiber.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OMFG!!! sugar is fine in moderation. seriously this is more idealist shit of people being all like i have to help humanity, whatever. I give up one day everything worth living for will be banned cuz of some fucking idealists telling me how i should or shouldn't live my life.

It isn't idealism. It's science. It's nature. Our bodies weren't made to exist on a diet of high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar, and white bread. All of this stuff only become "normal" around the mid-20th century.