• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you guys like caffeine?

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Had too much on Thursday so I'm refraining from drinking any caffeinated stuff today. In fact, I've been drinking something with caffeine in it everyday for the past 3 weeks or so.

I need caffeine to fight depression, stay up late to do hw, yeah, that's it. I'm terrified of becoming addicted though.

My one wish is that I would never need sleep and still function great. Ughh. Sleeping is such a waste of time!!

P

Phantonym

I'm indifferent to caffeine. I can't feel any significant change after drinking something with caffeine in it. And even if there is some slight difference, it fades really fast.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm addicted to it. But I have stuff with caffeine lying around, so it's all good. I love it!

NOS+Grape.JPG

This especially, this is what I most like. Grape NOS. :heart:

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't like caffeine, but really need it during the winter days...

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I like coffee. It's my hot drink of choice. Nice to have whenever I'm cold or need a mental perk. I try to minimize my use of energy drinks like redbull - I find the buzz they give to be harsh and I don't feel good afterward.

Caffeine is not a good replacement for sleep and not a good way to help depression however. You can mask the loss of alertness but it otherwise impairs your physical recovery, memory, and general feeling of well-being.

If you've been drinking it for the last three weeks you're probably addicted in the physical sense in that your body is accustomed and expecting it now. Luckily caffeine is pretty mild as addictions go.... it's very inexpensive assuming you make your own coffee, and doesn't take long to recover from if you stop using it outright. According to wiki, recovery takes up to 5 days, symptoms peaking at 48 hours. See if you can go a week without if you'd like to test it.

LucrativeSid

I take caffeine pills sometimes when I need them. I like the pills because I can get a bottle of 30 for only a dollar and each pill contains 100 mg of caffeine. It's cheaper, faster, and easier than coffee or energy drinks. (Each pill has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. A normal sized Red Bull has 80 mg. 3 pills contain about as much caffeine as the largest and most caffeinated energy drinks.)

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm allergic to caffeine. So no. ;)

I actually managed to OD on caffeine once. It was...interesting.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I love coffee, and I also love the energetic rush of caffeine. I never drink coffee past 12 AM, though, otherwise it tends to impair the quality of my sleep.

I hate energy drinks, though. They raise my blood pressure too much, I feel like shit when I drink them (I only tried twice).

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I do. However, I think my daily caffeine consumption has something to do with my trouble sleeping. I hear it heightens anxiety...

*takes a sip of Monster energy drink* (seriously)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*twiches*
caffeine?
did I hear caffeine?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I managed to make it through university without becoming a regular coffee drinker, then became one soon after I finished. In uni I'd drink it for the occasional late night study session, or once in awhile when I needed it in the morning, but it wasn't a daily thing. Then in the months after I started drinking it daily.

I used to feel a buzz from it, but not anymore.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
inneeeeed tooo makee cooooooffffffeeeeee nnnnnnnnnnoooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I take caffeine pills sometimes when I need them. I like the pills because I can get a bottle of 30 for only a dollar and each pill contains 100 mg of caffeine. It's cheaper, faster, and easier than coffee or energy drinks. (Each pill has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. A normal sized Red Bull has 80 mg. 3 pills contain about as much caffeine as the largest and most caffeinated energy drinks.)

Where do you get it?! :O

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know the have them at walgreens and the grocery store and any where you that has a drug aisle

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Had too much on Thursday so I'm refraining from drinking any caffeinated stuff today. In fact, I've been drinking something with caffeine in it everyday for the past 3 weeks or so.

I need caffeine to fight depression, stay up late to do hw, yeah, that's it. I'm terrified of becoming addicted though.

My one wish is that I would never need sleep and still function great. Ughh. Sleeping is such a waste of time!!
It is wise to use caffeine cautiously.
Caffeine depletes your calcium...
which is why that old adage about coffee stunting a person's growth actually has some truth to it.

My husband used to drink a LOT of coffee. When he was about 38 or so, he went with one of our kids on a class roller skating field trip. He ended up breaking his ankle... clean through both bones. I'm convinced if he hadn't been depleting his calcium all those years, he might not have broken it at all. He ended up needing a steel plate, and being in some pain or discomfort in that ankle for the rest of his life.

Anyhow... like I said... I think it is wise to use caffeine cautiously.

Make sure you drink plenty of milk, too. :newwink:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Caffeine puts me to sleep. So do other stimulants. But they do help me concentrate a lot. I always felt so conflicted when I used them to study.