• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you shower?

On average, how often do you shower?

• Twice or more daily

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Daily

Votes: 103 52.3%
  • 5 to 6 times a week

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 3 to 4 times a week

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 2 to 3 times a week

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • 1 to 2 times a week

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 2 to 3 times a month

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Less than once a month

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Human smell is human smell. Offensive smell is rotting body oils skin flakes and dirt. Much like rotting food left out. There was a dramatic drop in disease and death rates when frequent bathing became the norm brought about by indoor plumbing. There was also a drop in disease and death rates when the romans instituted closed sewage passages instead of open trenches to transport sewage away.

However, there are some benefits to generating antibodies by exposing yourself to common bacteria. This enables being able to consume items or be in environments where a non-acclimated person would suffer. But geez. Some people turn showering into some sort of religion. Get dirty and disgusting all you want. Just don't go crazy there either.

In general, keep clean.
But I think a lot of people shower too much and just waste time and water. Besides, the more frequent you shower, the faster you start to smell.

Agreed.

Personally I try to do it daily but sometimes I go a whole day without showering.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, showers are great. i always take at least one a day.

but in the past i did go through dirty backpacker phases where i didn't shower for months.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
twice or more daily.

i hate the idea of lying on my bed with dried sweat on me.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Every day?

Sometimes I go through phases that'll cycle between the excessive washing/OCD cleanliness period and the not showering/"let's bask in our natural oils" period, but usually I shower daily :). Yay for being house-broken.

Honestly, I think guys can get away with showering less than girls because we girls have a certain ..uh.. area of ours that requires we bathe more.

I use the "Wow! It's time" system which is every couple days or so.

:rofl1:

Admittedly, I do have a different "smell" when I haven't shower for a couple of days. Not bad, just different.

I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner once a week or so.

I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner every two weeks and co-shampoo every three to four days.

If I were to wash my hair every day or every couple of days, it'd be extremely dry, and homie don't play that.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK seriously, 9 people voted "3 to 4 times a week"? How creepy is that? O__o

I shower and wash my hair on a daily basis.

If I were to wash my hair every day or every couple of days, it'd be extremely dry

Not with the proper shampoo. At least I didn't notice anything like that.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Whoever said less than once a month needs to get off this forum and get into the bathroom. You are making this place stank, son.

How about we invent a water-proof casing for your computer, then you can take it in the tub with you. That way, you won't miss ANYTHING.

Anyway, I prefer a daily shower. It gives me closure when I take one at night, and it's refreshing to take one in the morning, but I don't always have time for this unfortunately (thus 5-6 times a week is the more honest answer). I always make it a point to smell good though. Mmmm, deodorant.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone else notice they have a natural smell that's a constant? I've had people tell me that they can tell it's me (or my clothes, etc) because of a sugar smell. I smell like sugar? I've heard "clean baby" smell too, which is also a sweet sort of smell. I sniff myself and I can't smell it! o_O I don't wear perfume anymore, so ... ... wth.

Showering too much can be detrimental to your skin and hair. I know most women only wash their hair when they NEED to as opposed to every day because it makes the hair brittle and fly-away. Ever notice how great your hair looks on Day Two? Natural oils have come back.

Then again, if you're a sweaty beast, showering is civilized. I wouldn't want you coming to bed dirty, nor would I want to be dirty either. I know a guy who brushes his dog's teeth his HIS toothbrush. Don't be that guy. lol

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not stupid if it's his opinion, Litvyak.