• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you shower?

On average, how often do you shower?

• Twice or more daily

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Daily

Votes: 103 52.3%
  • 5 to 6 times a week

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 3 to 4 times a week

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 2 to 3 times a week

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • 1 to 2 times a week

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 2 to 3 times a month

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Less than once a month

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
D

Dali

I shower two - three times a day. If I'm having a lie-in and dont intend to leave home the entire day, then it might be one time a day.

My flatmate has this relative that barely showers. He drops by our place a lot and will use our shower every so often. The stench that permeates the entire bathroom right after he uses it is just indescribable. I generally avoid all contact with him (handshakes, accidental brushes... etc) but I once gritted my teeth and touched his shoulder while apologising after I had accidentally slighted him (long story. Unrelated to his grooming habits) and my palm had a film of oil on it when it came away. His gunk had permeated his clothes and was now coating them.

Good thing I'm leaving the country Thursday.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Showering tends to feel like a huge waste of time.

Yes, I can relate to that. Often I get too caught up in what I am doing and forget about showering (same goes with eating).

As a kid I was quite hydrophobic, I would often let the shower run and pretend I was in, I would just enjoy the steam of the running water.

As a teenager there was a point where I showered about once a month or less, as I used to live in a separate room from the main flat where my mother and sisters lived and I didn't have a very good shower. My mother hated it and called me a stinking hobo.
However, when I lived at my father's place I showered nearly twice a day, because there was a bathroom adjoining to my room with really strong pressure on the running water and easy to control temperature.

I can usually feel when I am dirty, sometimes it is after a few days of living without shower, sometimes a few hours.
My bathroom is at the other end of the house, and the water has quite low pressure and the temperature is bad, so I am not very motivated to do it.
I think I have too much luxury tastes, but an efficient shower would motivate me so much more to do it everyday.

S

sammy

His gunk had permeated his clothes and was now coating them.

Good thing I'm leaving the country Thursday.

Ugh, wow. What's the reason for why he doesn't shower more often and he does it while visiting your flatmate?

I shower daily almost always. The only time I won't is if I pulled an all-nighter and I'm still running around the house from the day before. I try not to leave my home without a shower, but it's happened from time to time (in the winter). Summertime = sometimes more than one shower, depending on if I did yardwork all day.

I enjoy long hot showers because it's the best thinking time. Ideas just pop into my head so fast there!

D

Dali

Ugh, wow. What's the reason for why he doesn't shower more often and he does it while visiting your flatmate?

I have no idea. I heard his relative broaching the topic of his grooming habits with him once so I'm glad I didn't have to. He uses our shower once a fortnight which, I imagine, is the only time he showers. This place is hot and humid and it is almost imperative that one showers at least twice daily. The majority of the population actually does. But not him. :doh:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have a shower, wish i did, it's on the to do list. I have a bath and i'm going to be completely honest and admit to poor hygene. I have a bath only once or twice a week. Although i do wash daily, most days. If it's summer then i bath/wash much more frequently but in this weather i really just can't be bothered.

O

Oberon

I don't have a shower, wish i did, it's on the to do list. I have a bath and i'm going to be completely honest and admit to poor hygene. I have a bath only once or twice a week. Although i do wash daily, most days. If it's summer then i bath/wash much more frequently but in this weather i really just can't be bothered.

You just like to scent-mark your man. :devil:

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Probably about 27 days per month.

Some days I stay in and have no human contact at all; those days I don't bother.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Daily. Before going to sleep.

During Summer, whenever I feel the need to. Six times in a day is my record so far.

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two
I shower daily...sometimes....I shower more than once, for example, if I work out or end up going out I usually take two showers. Although, I have taken three on occasion. Occasionally, I don't shower if I am staying home all day and have nothing to do. Sometimes you need a grubby day once in a while. LOL.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There was one time wherein I haven't showered for a month. The smell finally irritated me so I had no choice but to shower. 3-4 times a week btw.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I only shower when I notice that the cat is gagging.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to shower daily, except for the occasional "hermit" days where I assumed I didn't need to face anyone. :D
But now that my boyfriend is back in Korea, I no longer need to prepare for physical intimacy. On top of that, I don't mind looking like a bum at school; also I pin my hair back a lot nowadays (out of sight, out of mind). Nowadays I shower about every other day (due to working out), where I use conditioner on my hair. I only shampoo it half of those times, to preserve the natural moisture of my hair. Contrary to what you may think, nobody has friggin noticed for a long time until I told them. :D However, I do wash my face twice a day, and do a yogourt mask every night!

Lark

Unless exhaustion or something prevents me twice or more daily, I really like showers and its great to feel properly clean, if its a power shower and stuff try keeping me out of the shower, they're fantastic.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Twice daily, in the shower, I:

Wash face and body with a cleanser
Exfoliate feet, knees and elbows
Scrub under fingernails
Bleach teeth (only at night)

Additionally, I:

Condition hair biweekly
Exfoliate face weekly
Exfoliate body twice weekly
Shave legs twice weekly

+body lotion, yay!!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ma heats up the copper kettle on the fire and fills the wash tub so that we can all have our weekly bath.