• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which organic foods are worth the money?

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've seen lots of lists before, but you never know what's reliable. I know I stay away from milk and fruits and veggies unless they're organic.

I have no idea what goes on in the production of foods and what effects different chemicals have, so I'm wondering what you all know.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
The ones purchased directly from a farmer who you are familiar with or grown/raised yourself. Some "organic" type labels aren't really what people think they are. For example some will say "free ranged" but actually the chicken just has a square meter of dirt to walk around in for 10 minutes and so the eggs are just as watery as conventional ones. If you cannot purchase from a farmer then you have to research where the meat & dairy comes from, can't trust labels.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
The more animal fat in the product, the better off you are buying organic if you are concerned about toxins.
If a fruit has a rough peel that is difficult to clean, you may also want to buy organic in those cases as well.

I don't think pastas are really worth it, and I usually just buy 100% juices that are not from concentrate. I just go for "all natural" with the rest of my foods to avoid food coloring and preservatives.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Most Popular Fruits and Vegetables with highest pesticides

* Apples
* Bell Peppers
* Celery
* Cherries
* Grapes (imported)
* Nectarines
* Peaches
* Pears
* Potatoes
* Red Raspberries
* Spinach
* Strawberries

Maybe start with those.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've read that peanuts and peanut butter are important to buy organic, but it's important to note that there was neither justification nor citation given for this claim.

Ingrid in grids

I say fruits and vegetables are the biggies, then meat products and diary products.
Taste and see what you like. You'll notice a big difference in fruits like bananas, and also in meat depending on whether it's organic or inorganic.
Don't bother with nuts! There's no real difference (except in the huge price)!
Also - soaps, shampoos and conditioners (not foods but eh, we're on topic).