• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

% of TypoC members who smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Yes smoke

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • No smoke

Votes: 93 74.4%

• Total voters

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
:doh: That's not the same thing.

...You're an N, figure out why. If you post about why it's not or question me further, you are just denying the answer. This is SO obvious. You just want to argue because you're a smoker and you got butt hurt over my comment.

If you saw it the way I see it, then it would be the exact same thing...

Deny what?... Everything comes with a price!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
So part of the reason nonsmokers don't get it is because...

You can drink responsibly
You can eat junk food responsibly
You can bungee cord jump responsibly
You can't smoke responsibly.

Smoking will always hurt your body, there is no question of it. Hence, the not understanding why someone would do it.

Herbal fags? not the holy mother of ganja type though. :D

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Mark Twain said:
Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
:smoke:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I smoked for about 3-4 years, I think.
I quit 26 years ago.
I tried to quit about 30 times.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Not that this thread is especially interested, but I started smoking when I was 18, quit when I was 20 for 8 or 9 years and then took it up again. I just enjoy the habit, as much for the outdoors contemplative time it gives you an excuse for as anything else. Loitering outside by yourself and having a good brood for 15 mins seems awkward without a cigarette as a prop.

Australia is a pretty obnoxious place to smoke in though. Heroin addicts would feel entirely entitled to get on their high-horse about your disgusting, weak-willed, destructive habit. Government-funded "education" on the topic started for me when I was in year 3. So confidently marginalized are smokers in this country that I really had very little chance of not giving it a go sooner or later.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not that this thread is especially interested, but I started smoking when I was 18, quit when I was 20 for 8 or 9 years and then took it up again. I just enjoy the habit, as much for the outdoors contemplative time it gives you an excuse for as anything else. Loitering outside by yourself and having a good brood for 15 mins seems awkward without a cigarette as a prop.

Australia is a pretty obnoxious place to smoke in though. Heroin addicts would feel entirely entitled to get on their high-horse about your disgusting, weak-willed, destructive habit. Government-funded "education" on the topic started for me when I was in year 3. So confidently marginalized are smokers in this country that I really had very little chance of not giving it a go sooner or later.

The U.S is becoming more and more and more anti smoking. And I agree about the whole awkwardness of waiting without a cigarette I mean if I'm waiting I feel awhole lot less awkward standing in front of a building waiting for a friend smoking then i do just standing their. Plus I'm worried that I'm gonna be a suspect and then get cavity searched.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, just keep it away from me. The base particulate percentage in the city is bad enough for my athsma already. Besides, why should I have to stay at home when all you have to do is stand outside?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I smoke, and I respect it if other people choose not to. I will also respect it if someone politely asks me to put it out or move further away. I will be happy to put it out and move it further away if you're a decent human being about it. You jump on my ass with holier-than-thou attitude and condemnation, you will be greeted with the same treatment from me. That's just how I feel about it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I smoke, and I respect it if other people choose not to. I will also respect it if someone politely asks me to put it out or move further away. I will be happy to put it out and move it further away if you're a decent human being about it. You jump on my ass with holier-than-thou attitude and condemnation, you will be greeted with the same treatment from me. That's just how I feel about it.

see i agree with this, and if you're rude i'll probably blow smoke in your face.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I've never smoked either. Tried to pick up the habit several times over the last 5 decades, but I seem to have an aversion to nicotine. It makes me sick. If not for that factor, I probably would have started at one point or another.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No it isn't.

Smoking what?

EDIT: damnit, Lauren.

Great minds and all. I love what you've done with Russia!

I've never smoked either. Tried to pick up the habit several times over the last 5 decades, but I seem to have an aversion to nicotine. It makes me sick. If not for that factor, I probably would have started at one point or another.

Why have you tried to start? A few people I know have tried to get into it because of stress, etc.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have so much respect for you non smokers, wish I could do it, still, never give up giving up and all that. One day I shall succeed at quitting.

Until then, I'll have to keep going outside the clubs to have my puff of those cancer sticks, in the rain, snow and night time chill weather lol.

I'm reminded of the saying, "Once you've justified an act once in your mind as okay.. it's infinitely harder to stop it than if you had rejected it from the beginning." .. Or something like that. I feel for the people who are trying to quit, I hear it's extremely difficult.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Thread is self explanatory.

And yes, I'm 15 and I still smoke. So, suck it, SmokeFree America.
I wonder what line Vegas would give this kid that he lives to see his 40th birthday. I would put my money on dead.

People can smoke all they want, but I still view them as weak-willed...and it's such a waste of money. I think you have to be a moron to even start.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Don't smoke, I do not see the benefit. Would have a very difficult time accepting a partner who did. I don't see reasons for smoking to be justifiable considering the risks and damages. "Oh it gives me something to do while waiting, it relaxes me, good icebreaker/point of identification with others, makes me look cool." Okay, so you're a self conscious, neurotic, restless individual with poor conversational openers and a silly desire to be perceived as interesting so you self "medicate" with a carcinogen? Awesome.

But to each his own. Those who smoke do not share my criteria for lifestyle decisions, which is certainly not a crime.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I smoked a cigarette once about 3 months ago and hated it. I've smoked a few cigars and smoke marijuana every so often..but never straight cigs.

We watched a health documentary on smoking where this lady was addicted and it showed every little bad thing the tobacco was doing to her lungs and how it was killing her. It was scary. But on the other hand..she was addicted..and even quoted as saying she wishes she had never started.

And this one girl in my class was laughing at her and how stupid she was for continually going outside of another smoke. It really bothered me.

I have sympathy for smokers, because I know it's so hard to stop. I don't have sympathy for people who are overly-against smoking. To people who have never smoked (myself included), we don't really know what it is like to be addicted, so to criticize others for smoking is completely insane. The human error is actually starting. But once you are addicted, you lose a lot of control even though quitting isn't impossible. So my heart goes out to all of you who are addicted because it must suck.

I give my respect out to ex-smokers. Those who have gotten the will power to quit. I doubt it's as easy as everyone assumes it to be. If you haven't been addicted, than you can't make such claims.

And I totally agree with those Truth commercials that are anti-tobacco industry. It's not the smokers fault, per se, but more the fault of the money hungry Tobacco Industries. They put the addictive and life threatening chemicals in cigarettes to do the very things that cigarettes do. Just think of the number of people they've killed.

I see smoking as a choice. There are so many other things we do that are almost as bad/worse than smoking. It's not for us to say whether something is right or wrong and to some people, smoking is justifiable. But personally, I find it disgusting.

Don't criticize smokers.