• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Foods you can't control...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
off topic, but today we talked about Bacon's rebellion in US History- the man in colonial Virginia who rebelled against the rich.

Anyways...I got to thinking...Bacon's Rebellion sounds a lot like indigestion...:rofl1:

Har har..get it? Bacon's..rebellion? No?

well..it made me laugh when I thought of it, and it came into mind when I read the title of this thread. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cookies...it's better i just not buy them...or just buy one.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Chocolate chip cookies... And beer....at the same time.

Somebody stop me.... :moodeath:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Soda and food that is easy. I'm a lazy girl.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
More sugar puffs... ~:( I've got a sickness... they will be gone by lunchtime...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've got a sweet tooth so I try not to keep buscuits or chocolate in the house... actually it doens't matter what I buy they aint going to stay in the house long...

One particuar food that I dont by very oten because I simply can't stop eatting them is Sugar Puffs.. If I buy a box they are done in 24 hours and the roof of my mouth is missing a layer of skin... I just can;t not eat them once they are open (puffed wheat with honey on them)....

Any foods you can't put down?

Lis

Basically, I keep anything full of sugar and salt out of the house, especially now, when I'm doing the challenge.

I'm so proud of myself, though. Recently I've been exhibiting a great deal of self-control. I went to the bakery this morning, saw all the yummy sweet things, and wasn't even tempted! :D Instead, I got a whole-grain croissant (they had no more whole-grain rolls :cry:) with cheese, veggies, and some egg. Then I went to the store, skipped the salty treats and sweets aisles and got QUARK, my lovely new favorite healthy decadent dessert (damn, you Amis are really missing out!!!), and a banana, kiwi and some roasted soy beans to go on top! GO ME!!!!!! :static:

But yeah, woe be me if I get chocolate, ice cream, sweets like candies, chips, etc., etc. And with my body, they are REALLY bad for me. I gain water weight and fat like crazy.

However, I find your body adjusts (at least mine does) very quickly. If I go a week without eating this crap, I don't long for it anymore. However, if I start eating this crap, I'm addicted and eat tons of it.

So the key for me is STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Oh yeah, you guys don't know Quark:

It is a rich, creamy, yogurt-like substance that is the same consistency as a mix of ice-cream and yogurt, has a great taste, but has 9 g of protein, 4.1 g of carbohydrates, and 0.2 g of fat per 100 g as well as only 57 kcal. It tastes as decadent as yummy whipped cream or ice cream or any of those lovely things, but is as healthy as yogurt or milk! :D And guess what, your body can absorb the calcium and stuff better! I had been having cramps in my legs and feet as a result of a magnesium deficiency, but since I stated eating these Quark bowls (now I make them myself and it's wayyy cheaper!) with fruit (bananas, kiwi, berries, whatever....) I've been feeling great! :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LL you are describing the impact of sugar - insuline resistance ....

I have a harder time giving up sugar than ciggaretts. But the craving falls off very quickly after a day or two... sugar is addictive..

Well done at keeping clean :D.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn, really??? :shock: Holy crap, does that mean I'm going to get diabetes?????

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Damn, really??? :shock: Holy crap, does that mean I'm going to get diabetes?????

GOSH NO!!! not at all, it is possible (same way as it is for most people), if you keep a bad diet and over eat etc you may get diabetese.

But sugar based food create cravings for more... which can lead to IR. prolonged eating of lots of sugary things (over years) will almost certainly lead to IR....

Right now I have to be good or I'm really likely to end up with diabetese....

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
LL, that Quark stuff sounds tasty :drool:

I eat fast food so rarely now, that when I am forced to go out to eat it I find myself at a loss for what to order. It all looks vile. This is like, my only dietary virtue, but it makes getting in shape a little easier for me :)

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Dry breakfast cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (or its generic counterparts), especially.

The only cereal I keep at home is the generic version of regular Cheerios. It's good enough to eat, but not good enough to eat the whole box in one sitting.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LL, that Quark stuff sounds tasty :drool:

I eat fast food so rarely now, that when I am forced to go out to eat it I find myself at a loss for what to order. It all looks vile. This is like, my only dietary virtue, but it makes getting in shape a little easier for me :)

Exactly, Poppy! I used to love and crave these foods, and at college it was kind of like 'stress food' that I ate every day (I'm sorry to admit) and did not move my butt.

After the scales reached 164 lbs at a height of 5'2", I woke up and realized what this was doing to my body. Luckily, as a meso-endo, I can gain weight and fat like crazy, but I can also lose it fast. Nonetheless, it still has taken a long time. That was back in 2004. Now in 2009 I weigh about 134.6 lbs. and through this challenge, I'm hoping to get my weight well within the 'tolerance' or 'normal' range, at the rate I'm going, hopefully 125 lbs or so.

Now when I look at this fast-food stuff, or even HEAR about it, my stomach churns. If I'm forced to go to a place like that now, I generally get a salad or a pizza at most, sometimes a baked potato with QUARK (my new best friend). That's it. None of these hamburgers, 'chicken' burgers, or fries. Just imagine: One meal generates around 800-1000 kcal or more. Ewwww. :shock: :sick: