• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Foods you can't control...

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Exactly, Poppy! I used to love and crave these foods, and at college it was kind of like 'stress food' that I ate every day (I'm sorry to admit) and did not move my butt.

I'm about to head into college now and I'll be living in the dorms. I'm really going to do my best not to fall back into the habit of eating those foods, but I think it'll be challenging since I can't cook my own food in the dorms.

After the scales reached 164 lbs at a height of 5'2", I woke up and realized what this was doing to my body. Luckily, as a meso-endo, I can gain weight and fat like crazy, but I can also lose it fast. Nonetheless, it still has taken a long time. That was back in 2004. Now in 2009 I weigh about 134.6 lbs. and through this challenge, I'm hoping to get my weight well within the 'tolerance' or 'normal' range, at the rate I'm going, hopefully 125 lbs or so.
That's excellent :hug: I'm 5'4" and hoping to weigh about 135 as that's what I weighed at my thinnest. However I have more muscle and a slightly different figure now, so I'm pretty flexible on the number.
Now when I look at this fast-food stuff, or even HEAR about it, my stomach churns. If I'm forced to go to a place like that now, I generally get a salad or a pizza at most, sometimes a baked potato with QUARK (my new best friend). That's it. None of these hamburgers, 'chicken' burgers, or fries. Just imagine: One meal generates around 800-1000 kcal or more. Ewwww. :shock: :sick:

Ugh! Yes! My friends will mention wanting to go out for fast food, and I just look at them like they're crazy.

Marie Callendar's makes this frozen chicken pot pie...I used to eat them sometimes when I was younger until I found out that one of these little pot pies has 35 grams of fat in it :horor: Is there a projectile vomit emoticon? Because it just amazes me what's in some of this manufactured food product stuff.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Sugar is toxic, literally. Any food that has been refined is missing nutrients which are needed to fully metabolize it, to digest sugar your body will get these minerals from your body, like your bones (teeth rot too). If you keep this in mind, you might be able to control yourself.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Won't the make the popcorns go soft and lose that crisp/crunchyness?

I have a special process that takes a while, but yes there's a delicate balance between too much sauce (and resulting sogginess :cry:) and not enough.

if i'm pressed for time i just put hot sauce in a bowl and dip the popcorn in.

actually i should have just answered HoT Sauce! I put it on just about everything and have been known to carry it in my purse.you'd be surprised how many restaurants don't have a spicy sauce.

Last edited:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Cheesecakes, nacho's and dips of all types, moroccan shredded pancakes in either milk or cooked with chicken.

Crunchy nut cornflakes, cinnamon and raisin bagels, marmite on toast.

Tea and coffee (don't even ask how many cups a day I get through nor how many bags of sugar per week I go through)

I need to avoid these things like the plague.

Things I can't control, but don't care that I can't:

Prawns, steamed veg of all types. I could eat it daily.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Frozen blueberries. :drool:

Blasphemy! Why frozen? They're usually so sour. I prefer the fresh ones. Any excuse to get out in the forest. Hm. Raspberries? Yes! Although, speaking from a purely nutritional point of view, blueberries are better.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Blasphemy! Why frozen? They're usually so sour. I prefer the fresh ones. Any excuse to get out in the forest. Hm. Raspberries? Yes! Although, speaking from a purely nutritional point of view, blueberries are better.

They taste like slushies or something when you freeze them. I like them fresh on oatmeal and in muffins though.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
They taste like slushies or something when you freeze them. I like them fresh on oatmeal and in muffins though.

I can make kickass blueberry pancakes! Oatmeal on the other hand, mine always explodes in the microwave.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I can make kickass blueberry pancakes! Oatmeal on the other hand, mine always explodes in the microwave.

I once got some of that whole grain pancake mix, put some honey in it and it was good. Didn't think about putting blueberries in it.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Pasta of any kind. Italian pasta dishes, lo mein, mac and cheese. I could eat it every day.

I had the best Pasta frutti di mare in Italy this summer. Since then, I'm a huge pasta fan. I've always thought lasagna was the best way to have pasta, but I was wrong.

P

Phantonym

I don't have any single food product that "controls" me all the time. I have time periods when I crave a certain food and I don't really try to control it then. These pass and then I start to crave another food product. Right now it's blue cheese :drool:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
for some reason this thread could be renamed, just because when I see it I picture food attacking or running off when ever you try to eat it. and I'm like nope, can't think of anythat does that all my food is dead when i eat.