• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady Cups

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
For an update.. I got the items I purchased in today.

Two large cloth pads with multiple liners, a diva cup model 1, seven cloth pantyliners, and laundry equipment for them all.

I have to wait for the next cycle.. first impression: the diva cups size is intimidating to me.

But I am loving the liners. Those shitty disposable ones get wrinkled and destroyed within 2 hours of this desert heat. They do nothing. These are durable, comfortable, they breathe, and although they do have a tendancy to slip back or forth a bit too far they are easily adjusted and still so much better. If the other products do as well as these I'm sold for life.

Huge bonus to not have to buy products infront of the men I work with on a daily basis.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well I got to test drive all of the products this past cycle.

The diva cup's size is intimidating to wear, and a bit uncomfortable.. I got back pains in my lower back, and the diva cup ladies emailed me saying I was wearing it wrong and it should be lower down--but I do insert it as low as it'll go, it just slips.. upwards.. throughout the day into a particular spot it seems to like. I had some leaking from it, so I suppose I don't really have the thing down yet, but I definitely feel it in comparison to a slimmer item like a tampon. It was a bit of a panic-mode factor too trying to 'fish' it out when it did ride a bit high.. it took me forever to get the damn thing out. It was just an uncomfortable experience.

The reusable pads, however, were absolutely delightful. It is the first time I haven't chaffed from using a pad. Easy to clean, and comfortable, they were a bit bigger feeling but when I put clothing on I could not tell the difference at all, so there's no diaper-like bulging there. Infact, they were so delightful that I had them STOLEN from my laundry (ick?!). So I had to re-order a set of new ones with the discounts I got from my first order.

I think the cup would be better if there was a more petite size, and if it had a sort of 'handle' that rested outside that kept it from slipping upwards and made it easier to remove.. Im scared to try it again honestly.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I love my moonup UK and will happily evangelise about it to anyone who stands still long enough. There's a learning curve when you first get one - took me a little while to perfect the removal technique - but once I'd got the hang of it, it was a dream. Wouldn't go back for anything. It's not linked to TSS. It lasts longer before needing a change than any pad or tampon. I can wear it "just in case". It's cheaper. It's so comfy I literally forget I'm wearing it. It feels so much cleaner than pads, which are horrible and sticky and I can always smell when someone wearing one and *yeuch*. It's comfier than tampons because it doesn't dry you out inside. It doesn't leak like pads or tampons. I don't have to remember to bring extra supplies with me. I don't need a sanitary bin. It's even environmentally friendly.

Cleaner, cheaper, greener, comfier, more convenient. Nope, can't think of anything I don't prefer about it. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Any updates? I'm seeing what I think of the diva cup :smile:

I've been using a Diva for about ten months ago, and aside from trimming the ..um...handle?...so that it won't irritate my inner labia, I've no complaints. It's much more ecological and economical than tampons, and yes, I still have to buy pads for my very heaviest days (1 or 2 days per month, and mostly at night) but it's still less than what I used before.

It's also less drying than a tampon.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the cup would be better if there was a more petite size, and if it had a sort of 'handle' that rested outside that kept it from slipping upwards and made it easier to remove.. Im scared to try it again honestly.

Wow everyone is so different. I actually TRIMMED the handle so that it would not chafe the downwards, not so it wouldn't slip upwards.

And I agree they are made big. I am in my early 30's and have been sexually active since my teens and I am still a size 1 (even though it says order a size 2 over age thirty AND/OR if you've had children, just disregard that if you don't feel good about it, because I was right about mine).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Wow everyone is so different. I actually TRIMMED the handle so that it would not chafe the downwards, not so it wouldn't slip upwards.

And I agree they are made big. I am in my early 30's and have been sexually active since my teens and I am still a size 1 (even though it says order a size 2 over age thirty AND/OR if you've had children, just disregard that if you don't feel good about it, because I was right about mine).

I had major issues with it slipping up way too high.. I literally spent two minutes trying to grasp the tail end of it to be able to get enough grip to pull it out. It was a bit scary--I panicked and thought I would have to go to the EMF for a moment to get a doctor to fish it out because I just could NOT get it. Also the email said I should have been able to twist it 360 degrees without trouble, but I couldn't get it to budge even a little bit one way or the other, moreless twist it all the way around. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with it. I hardly feel a tampon while it is in, but the cup I definitely feel it pushing against the sides of me to create that seal. If it weren't for the back pains I get from it when it slips up I could deal with that. I also am unsure if I can use the latrine while it is in--it says it only needs replacing in 12 hours.. does that mean bathroom breaks don't require it to be pulled out each time?

Mmm, I cut the stem right off mine. It didn't work anyway, and it only made me sore.

I know this is very stereotypical of me to say, but I thought you were a boy up until this post. :laugh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always wondered how those new age chicks saved their precious moon blood for their paintings.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. I sure don't know what I'd do without this thread. Good thing we have it.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I had major issues with it slipping up way too high.. I literally spent two minutes trying to grasp the tail end of it to be able to get enough grip to pull it out. It was a bit scary--I panicked and thought I would have to go to the EMF for a moment to get a doctor to fish it out because I just could NOT get it. Also the email said I should have been able to twist it 360 degrees without trouble, but I couldn't get it to budge even a little bit one way or the other, moreless twist it all the way around. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with it. I hardly feel a tampon while it is in, but the cup I definitely feel it pushing against the sides of me to create that seal. If it weren't for the back pains I get from it when it slips up I could deal with that. I also am unsure if I can use the latrine while it is in--it says it only needs replacing in 12 hours.. does that mean bathroom breaks don't require it to be pulled out each time?

All aboard the good ship TMI... :D

Yeah, you don't need to replace it when you go to the loo. It's inside you, not going to get dirty (like a tampon string. Ugh.) Consider how hard you've found getting it out - you're not likely to just lose it while bearing down, not if you've got a seal. If it's any consolation, I also completely flipped when I first tried removing mine. Like you, I just could *not* get a grip on the stem. Total panic, tears, the lot. I actually resorted to forceps the first time! :blink: Then a friend who'd had one for longer explained the squeezing technique to me, which works way better. Chill out, squat (while you're getting the hang of it at least). Bear down gently, which'll push it lower so you can catch the little blighter. Run one finger around the edge of the cup like you would to check the seal, slip your thumb in and gently pinch the bulb of the cup with finger and thumb. This'll break the seal through the little air holes, and you can pull it out. After a warm bath is a good time to try this out, when you're relaxed and not stressing. You'll probably need a few tries to get the hang of this (I did at any rate), but once you've got it you can probably just dispense with the stem entirely.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who keeps bumping this thread.

FETISHISTS!

piss>shit>vomit>menstrual blood>pimple pus

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow. I sure don't know what I'd do without this thread. Good thing we have it.

It's so weird to me that this thread bothers people.

People are actually giving and getting helpful advice. I'd say that makes this better than at least 75% of threads.

OMG WE ARE TALLING ABOUT OUR BODIEZZZZZZZZ!!!???!??!?!

I guess we should start asking about how to win over the guy we are rude to and/or ignore and then it wouldnt get complaints.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1 :coffee:

[MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION], if I ever meet ya, I so wanna go shopping for tampax with you on my arm :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will say that I had some handmade flannel diapers for one of my babies that I converted into reusable pads and I loved them. They were comfy, never leaked, and, of course, did not contribute to the landfill. I just soaked them in cold water, then washed them and they were good to go again. But then I ruined them because I let them go too long (when pregnant perhaps?) between washings and they got all moldy, and I had to throw them out. :p I need to make some more.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] Re rep: Great. Then I don't have to.

Edit: Re 3rd rep: Hahaha :D