• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady Cups

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found them messy, and a little difficult to get out. Bearing down helps, but still. Ick.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I think I just found our first sponsor!

*searches for Diva Cup advertising rep*

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You have only yourself to blame.

S

Sniffles

First ejaculation and now Lady Cups. I've learned so many fun facts tonight about female anatomy.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
If anyone made you angry, for one week of the month you have a weapon ready to be thrown at a moments notice.

If guys had something like this we'd be a bloody mess.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You have to break the seal first, otherwise you're basically yanking on your cervix.

Ouch.

Ouuuuuuuch.

To answer the OP, I've lived with (hippie) women who use them. She preferred them and said they were more comfortable, cleaner, and safer than the alternatives. Personally, they seem like old school diagphragms. Me no likey.

But good luck with them! ;)

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm gonna git git git you drunk, get you drunk off my lady cups, mah cups, mah cups, my lovely lady cups.

I hear that song whenever I see the title to this thread.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That has to be one of the dumbest songs ever.

Has anyone had any luck with these? I'm curious about it, I see only negative comments so far.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I gotto say, I hadn't heard about it before. It looks really interesting. My problem though with tampons is that my body reacts hostile to it. So I've never been able to wear one. Also, I have a heavy flow, so pads are a nightmare, as is leaking. I'm kinda intrigued, but scared to use it in case my body decides to react the same way to it as it did to tampons. Also, atm I am blissfully free of that monthly burden so I have no immediate use for it..but it could be interesting for the future.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've heard of these. My sister uses one. I discovered this when she came to stay and my dog snaggled it and chewed it up. :shock:

For some odd reason, tho, I don't think it would work for me. I've never used tampons for the same reason - something about it puts me off, seems unhygienic or something.*

*I know this isn't true, but I FEEL like it is. And don't be callin' me an F for that, or you get slapped.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've heard of these. My sister uses one. I discovered this when she came to stay and my dog snaggled it and chewed it up. :shock:
For some odd reason, tho, I don't think it would work for me. I've never used tampons for the same reason - something about it puts me off, seems unhygienic or something.*

*I know this isn't true, but I FEEL like it is. And don't be callin' me an F for that, or you get slapped.

:rofl1: Yeah now that you mention it, I can see this being a potential problem, especially with male dogs, as they tend to really be intrigued by those kind of smells..(even if properly rinsed, I'm sure). Before you know it, you'll be digging out your Ladycup from the yard where they buried it. :D

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
OK, I've now used it two nights in a row. No leaking, didn't feel it.

I'm still having issues taking it out. What I'm doing is using my thumb to break the seal instead of grasping the base and pinching until the seal pops. It's easier for me although messier than what I'm reading. I'm not wearing it for the rest of my period because I think I need to give my cootchie a rest. It feels abused. From what I'm reading it takes about three cycles for most people to get the hang of it.

Menstrual Cups - Divacup, Mooncup, Instead, Lunette, Miacup has been a good resource.

I'm noticing when there's a co-ed discussion about things women really talk about things get pretty quiet from the guys. I was on that Museum of Menstruation website and in some country the word for women is "the person with red stuff running down their legs." I'm totally reaching back into my women's lit/history classes, but I think talking about periods ruins male fantasies in some sort of way. Like you're vagina should be queefing, or ejaculating, or wet, or ejecting ping pong balls, but not having yeast infections or bleeding.

Is this making sense?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Total sense, and I think some women think of it that way as well.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the first two days of my period are always the super tampons and changing them every two hours or they'll leak and i wear a pad for extra protection, which is annoying then after that it stops and starts randomly for the next 3-4 days so I'll be like yay I'm done and then no no wait damnit! but i was kinda curious about the cups but i don't want my cervix ripped out, no thank you.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was on that Museum of Menstruation website and in some country the word for women is "the person with red stuff running down their legs." I'm totally reaching back into my women's lit/history classes, but I think talking about periods ruins male fantasies in some sort of way. Like you're vagina should be queefing, or ejaculating, or wet, or ejecting ping pong balls, but not having yeast infections or bleeding.

Is this making sense?

Yeah, cause what comes out of a man is soooo much nicer.

Tampons don't work too well for me, either, I wonder if this would be a problem. Maybe I should just go and order it instead of just asking about it.

Of course, I'm thinking ablation too, that might be better. I'm sick of birth control! I just like being natural about that stuff.