• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady Cups

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Since you can leave it in for up to 12 hours, I imagine public restrooms are not that big of a deal. If you had to empty it every time you went to the toilet that could be inconvenient. I think if you had to you could empty it in the toilet, wipe it out with a tissue, and just wash it out when you get home.

That's why I stick with the shower. It can be somewhat messy. You can do it on the toilet and to be honest, not much stays on them. I really do forget I'm using one. They're much more comfortable than a tampon. They're about $8 for a box of 8 or 10, I'd have to go look at how many are in there. You just toss and use a new one.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I know I'm a girl, and those probably shouldn't squick me out as much as they do, and yet, they do.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since you can leave it in for up to 12 hours...
I didn't know that!

Can you feel it when it's in? is it hard to put in? (specifically the reusable one which would be the diva cup I guess)

How reliable is it in terms of leaking? ever had one leak? I'm pretty paranoid about that.

Now I'm interested though!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I didn't know that!

Can you feel it when it's in? is it hard to put in? (specifically the reusable one which would be the diva cup I guess)

How reliable is it in terms of leaking? ever had one leak? I'm pretty paranoid about that.

Now I'm interested though!

I'd say they'd be along the lines of inserting a diaphragm. I nearly forgot I don't know how many times that it was in. I keep the box right on the windowsill next to the shower now so I don't forget. They are very comfortable. No leaking, even on heavy days.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've never used one but I know many who have, and they all seem very pleased with them. Most of them report having some leaking in the beginning, before they really get the hang of making a good seal against the cervix. Apparently once you figure out exactly how to place it, it's a breeze.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Any tips when it comes to removal? I have one of these (Pinkcup to be exact... it's adorable), but it's really hard to get it back out.

Mole

Permabanned
Whenever I want to freak out my guy friends I throw a (sealed) tampon at them. They scamper like rodents.

But not the Prince of Wales.

Like a true Prince he let his future bride know that there was no greater honour than to be her very own tampon.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Jesus take the wheel!

I just took it out. To say it was unpleasant is a vast understatement. Putting it in is deceptively easy. I need some techniques or I just wasted $32.99 + tax.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You have to break the seal first, otherwise you're basically yanking on your cervix. It also helps to push a little to get to to where you can grasp it well.

Now I'm wondering why I know all this and have never used one myself. LOL

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
^ That's what I'm talking about when it comes to removal. Sometimes I think it's more the *thought* of what I'm doing (the yanking on the cervix part) that freaks me out. Apparently if you run a finger up the outside and poke at the rim, that breaks the seal so you can get it out. I did try that before and it didn't make it any easier... I might have done it wrong, but am just too wussy to try again.

What I have discovered is that it's just the right size to make a little cap for my cat.

Last edited:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You have to break the seal first, otherwise you're basically yanking on your cervix. It also helps to push a little to get to to where you can grasp it well.

Now I'm wondering why I know all this and have never used one myself. LOL

Yanking on my cervix...that's basically what it felt like.

Sciski, I didn't feel nervous until I realized I'd put myself in speculum hell. And yes there are two sizes, for those over 30 and/or had children and those under 30. Evidently, when the clock strikes midnight on your 30th birthday a magical pumpkin carriage can fit easily in and out of your vagina.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ That's what I'm talking about when it comes to removal. Sometimes I think it's more the *thought* of what I'm doing (the yanking on the cervix part) that freaks me out. Apparently if you run a finger up the outside and poke at the rim, that breaks the seal so you can get it out. I did try that before and it didn't make it any easier... I might have done it wrong, but am just too wussy to try again.

What I have discovered that it's just the right size to make a little cap for my cat.

:nice:

Is it possible you're wearing it too high up? I would have assumed it would go snug up against the cervix but apparently it's not supposed to go that high. Also I think pinching it so it folds up a little is more effective at breaking the seal than just running your finger around the rim.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
It might have been too high. I am planning to try again at some stage.

I think my choice of cup also made a difference.. I went for the pinkcup not just for the pinkness, but because it's supposedly more flexible than the rest, which makes folding it/putting it in easier. This also makes getting it out harder because it's difficult to get a grip on something that yields so easily.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
But I'll bet it looks SUPER cute on your cat! ;)

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yanking on my cervix...that's basically what it felt like.

Sciski, I didn't feel nervous until I realized I'd put myself in speculum hell. And yes there are two sizes, for those over 30 and/or had children and those under 30. Evidently, when the clock strikes midnight on your 30th birthday a magical pumpkin carriage can fit easily in and out of your vagina.

:laugh: However, I thought the sizes had to do with the cervix rather than the vagina.

O

Oberon

I was once in someone's room, and I gestured to a strange receptacle on her desk. "What is this, anyway?" I asked.
"My minstrel cup," I heard her respond.
"Your what?"
"Minstrel cup."
"For... your minstrels? Or is this what you use when you play in front of the BART station?"
"I put it in my vagina," she said, "and it collects menstrual fluid."
"Oh." I paused. "So no minstrels, then."

For my part, I'm really glad there's no longer such a thing as a "minstrel show."

Eww.

Stariana

Oh dear GOD, no!!! I had NEVER heard of such a thing until I read this post. That would never work for me. I have a hard enough time with tampons. I'm so small in there, but I have a heavy flow most of the time. Getting a regular sized tampon to work is hard enough because I can feel it almost all of the time. If I can feel a tampon, I'll be able to feel a cup and that will drive me insane. Plus, it sounds like messy business whenever you have to change the thing out.

My friends call me a hippy a lot because of all of the recycling, natural products, and composting I do, but I cannot imagine doing this. Using biodegradable menstrual products is about as earth friendly as I can get on my period.