• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Does this program look legitimate to you guys? It seems to pretty much sum-up the exchange I had with wolfy:
Week 1 — The Lose Belly Fat Workout

I tried the week1 running, and it way WAY too easy. This could have been caused by me underestimating what a "7" in terms of interval training is, so I thought that I'd ask for some opinions.

:cheers:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just poppin' in to say two more days of shredding has paid off. :) I didn't fall nearly as much, and when I did, it wasn't _____ (where ___ can be any of the following: crashing into poles, crashing into fences, flipping over and over, slamming on my (any body part here will do), slamming my head into ice, etc.).

My body is SO sore.. Half from falling, half from the activity of the sport itself. The thin air here drives me insane though, I feel so out of shape since I get winded easily. :laugh:

wolfy

awsm
Does this program look legitimate to you guys? It seems to pretty much sum-up the exchange I had with wolfy:
Week 1 — The Lose Belly Fat Workout

I tried the week1 running, and it way WAY too easy. This could have been caused by me underestimating what a "7" in terms of interval training is, so I thought that I'd ask for some opinions.

:cheers:

Seems fine as an interval progression. I leaned out the most doing 400 metre sprints. I have a program for that if you want to try. You need to be doing weights as well of course.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Umm... I think I need to take a cheat this week. I don't think I got enough weight lifting in.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
had started restarted at about 3 miles/day close to 3 weeks ago, after having been at 4.5 miles/day till august, and am at 5 miles/day now. 50 crunches tops which used to be anywhere between 250-500 pre august.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Kyuuei, snowboarder extrordinare reporting in on lunch break! It's snowing like mad outside, and I ended up being in a jacket and tank top since it was too HOT! And I can stop successfully now. One more day of snowboarding, then headed home to do some recovery and clean up, followed by checking out the gym I'm considering!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weird weekend. I'm headed off to do my final workout for the week - Legs and Back + Ab Ripper 200. I'm not ready to use my last cheat this week.

Next week is the "rest week". Instead of doing resistance training, the workouts will be Yoga X, Core Synergistics, and Kenpo X, and X Stretch. The week after will be a brand new set of workouts. Goodie!

Umm... I think I need to take a cheat this week. I don't think I got enough weight lifting in.

As you wish. :) Have you started the next level of exercise videos yet?

had started at about 3 miles/day close to 3 weeks ago, after having been at 4.5 miles/day till august, and am at 5 miles/day now. 50 crunches tops which used to be anywhere between 250-500 pre august.

NICE. I think even at my peak, I was only doing 4 miles 4-5 times a week. Impressive.

Kyuuei, snowboarder extrordinare reporting in on lunch break! It's snowing like mad outside, and I ended up being in a jacket and tank top since it was too HOT! And I can stop successfully now. One more day of snowboarding, then headed home to do some recovery and clean up, followed by checking out the gym I'm considering!

Please let us know about the gym. I'd love to hear what kind of programs they offer. (Out of curiosity. The 20+ hour one way commute may be a bit too much for me.)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
As you wish. :) Have you started the next level of exercise videos yet?
No. I forgot I was even thinking about it.
I have unexplained pain in my neck, arms, shoulders and upper back.
I'm gonna stay where I'm at for right now, and I should get some 3 lb weights for the long lever moves we do. The 5 lb-ers are a bit much.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I just finished my arm workout. I was looking forward to getting up and working out today. What is wrong with me??

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I forgot I was even thinking about it.
I have unexplained pain in my neck, arms, shoulders and upper back.
I'm gonna stay where I'm at for right now, and I should get some 3 lb weights for the long lever moves we do. The 5 lb-ers are a bit much.

Sounds good!

It seems to me you are doing alot of work because of the snowfall you are experiencing. (Shoveling, dealing with a wood stove, etc.) Those types of activities don't control and isolate movements as much your average exercise routine. I'm guessing that MAY play a role in your neck / shoulder / upper back pain. Shoveling snow can give all of those muscles a really good workout, and you may have pushed a bit too much.

I just finished my arm workout. I was looking forward to getting up and working out today. What is wrong with me??

You have reached a wonderful time in a workout regime. That's what. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sounds good!

It seems to me you are doing alot of work because of the snowfall you are experiencing. (Shoveling, dealing with a wood stove, etc.) Those types of activities don't control and isolate movements as much your average exercise routine. I'm guessing that MAY play a role in your neck / shoulder / upper back pain. Shoveling snow can give all of those muscles a really good workout, and you may have pushed a bit too much.
I think it's stress related. I have a habit of sleeping with my head lifted slightly off my pillow when I'm stressed. I don't even notice I'm doing it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't want to do this anymore.

I'm going to break my hip or my shoulder or something I swear to God.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want to do this anymore.

I'm going to break my hip or my shoulder or something I swear to God.

You don't want to do what? Yoga? Are you still doing it because class is making you?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You don't want to do what? Yoga? Are you still doing it because class is making you?

I don't want to do anything anymore. No matter what I do my shoulder and hip keep locking up and refusing everything even when they're not the focus of the exercise. Especially when they're not the focus of the exercise. They hate me.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have the same problem with alot of the Yoga moves. How much longer do you have to suffer with your class?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess until Thursday but it's not even just yoga anymore it's everything.

It wouldn't surprise me if Yoga was rough to your body (it really works muscles that you normally wouldn't work out), and it needs to recover.

When class is over (since I assume you won't be able to get out of it), take some time off to let your body recover. As in, until Christmas or New Years. Some forms of light activity, such as walking, is generally okay. But nothing too stressful.

Have you had any luck in your search for a good beginner's exercise video? When New Year's rolls around, that would be a pretty good next step, IMO.

Got all my workouts in last week.

Excellent! So did I but just barely.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
On Saturday, Morgan and I played football at the park. He beat me 31-9 and still complained that I cheated on my only touchdown of the game. He's a sore winner. I was just sore. But at least I got some exercise! :D

I have gotten in at least some jumping jacks when I can on other days. Times where I'm waiting for someone or something where I used to just sit there twiddling my thumbs, now I try to get up and move around and stuff so I'm taking better advantage of opportunities.