• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm on cushy, cushy holidays all this week so put me down as a no-show... unless you count throwing up as a abs workout :D stupidmutterfoodpoisoninggrumble! :(

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did abs and upper body today. :D I held off on the bike because my knee is feeling funny.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to walk up and down stairs a dozen times today to check the wood stove.
And I'll probably do some shoveling since my 19 year old "play first-work later" ISTP son came home, got boots and went to play in the snow. :doh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm on cushy, cushy holidays all this week so put me down as a no-show... unless you count throwing up as a abs workout :D stupidmutterfoodpoisoninggrumble! :(

Oh - starting up with the super-model diet are we?

...Enjoy your vacation. :)

I'm going to walk up and down stairs a dozen times today to check the wood stove.
And I'll probably do some shoveling since my 19 year old "play first-work later" ISTP son came home, got boots and went to play in the snow. :doh:

Don't you see - It's the logical thing to do. This way he can play in it while it's still there. If it's gone tomorrow, he won't need to worry about it. :cheese:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Don't you see - It's the logical thing to do. This way he can play in it while it's still there. If it's gone tomorrow, he won't need to worry about it. :cheese:
This isn't Maryland... it's Maine!
This snow will still be here in April!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm working on doing two things, started on the weekend-

1) Eating more protein in my diet instead of as many carbs. I've noticed over the past few days the meals are a lot more satisfying and I'm probably eating a bit less overall. It means taking the time to cook but I like cooking.

2) Adding more strength training into my week. I do pushups and situps/crunches, but I'm doing a full body workout now. I bought the Mens Health Training 2010 workbook which has a lot of good exercises. I'm going to buy some dumbbells soon so I can do all the exercises from home too.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forgot to mention that I did my Plyometrics workout yesterday. I've concentrated on keeping an upright posture and good form, even for the final 1/3 of the workout where I'm spent. It seemed to help.

This isn't Maryland... it's Maine!
This snow will still be here in April!

See... no harm in waiting until tomorrow then. ;)

I'm working on doing two things, started on the weekend-

1) Eating more protein in my diet instead of as many carbs. I've noticed over the past few days the meals are a lot more satisfying and I'm probably eating a bit less overall. It means taking the time to cook but I like cooking.

2) Adding more strength training into my week. I do pushups and situps/crunches, but I'm doing a full body workout now. I bought the Mens Health Training 2010 workbook which has a lot of good exercises. I'm going to buy some dumbbells soon so I can do all the exercises from home too.

1) Meals that have protein, fat, and carbs are the most satiating. Also, some body types respond to carbohydrate differently than others. Personally, I can't lose weight on a high carb diet, but respond really well to Atkins.

2) Sounds like a great idea! There are also alot of great body weight exercises. Have you considered buying one of those chin-up bars that go in the door frame?

wolfy

awsm
I trained my upper body with my usual routine. There was only me and my workmate and I was in a good mood. So enjoyed making lots of ruckus in the gym.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Since I've been studying a lot with finals and not going to the gym as much, I've been trying to shadow box (to work on my hand speed) in my mirror every time I have some free time.

I'm getting pretty quick for heavy guy! :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm getting pretty quick for heavy guy! :D

yayz!

I did glutes and biking today. My knee seems to be feeling better. :D

I'm determined to lose weight, I noticed I was eating in a fashion to gain weight (salt, sugar, salt, sugar), not sure if it was stress or what, but it's not acceptable.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Went snowboarding yesterday!! :laugh: I think I fell on everything my mom gave me. it was really fun though, Sooo sore today! Going to try it again tomorrow!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Went snowboarding yesterday!! :laugh: I think I fell on everything my mom gave me. it was really fun though, Sooo sore today! Going to try it again tomorrow!

Just had to casually drop that in. i get it. Showing off about your vacation.

/irony.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shoulders and Arms, plus Ab Ripper 200, are vanquished. It was a good workout, and I am continuing my pattern of making slight gains. An additional 2.5-5 pounds here, an extra 2 reps (from 8 to 10) there. Nothing major.

I also went to Wal-mart and bought a tape measure so I can measure my waist, arms, etc. I'll use that and my body fat caliper to take some measurements this weekend. I'm getting tired of not getting any feedback from the scale, as my weight still is in the 284 range, so I figured this will help fix that.

Going to be starting up again next week, hopefully.

Everything okay?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry for the delayed post. Only got some light exercise (pleasure walking) in last week - jetlag and working a lot. Two days until a big deadline so come Sunday, hope to get back on track. Will report again next week.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
2) Sounds like a great idea! There are also alot of great body weight exercises. Have you considered buying one of those chin-up bars that go in the door frame?

I have a friend with one. I actually don't have a doorframe that would accommodate one, but oh well. It would be great to have one. But between the gym and home exercises I'm covered.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes I have been working out, even though I haven't been saying.

I don't know why but I've been extremely sore all week and I haven't been able to get a break.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes I have been working out, even though I haven't been saying.

I don't know why but I've been extremely sore all week and I haven't been able to get a break.

Can you rest over the weekend? You don't get stronger/healthier during the workout. You get stronger/healthier during the recovery.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Can you rest over the weekend? You don't get stronger/healthier during the workout. You get stronger/healthier during the recovery.

I think I can rest, I'll mostly be reading and writing an essay, I think, no time for exercise.

I don't think I have enough blood to do yoga.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I worked out 4 times this week and have been trying to eat healthy AND eat appropriate portions. It takes some work (read: eat a lot of food) to stay the weight I am so I already dropped 6 pounds. I've been trying to eat more protein and less refined carbs and less at night like someone suggested. :D

That's probably actually 4-6 pounds, it might go back up a bit (normal fluctuations) but I understand that that's how it works.