• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm still kickin, but had to use two cheats this week. (I was away all weekend and slacked off during the week). I also think I need to bump it up a notch or two for exercise. I am walking regularly and doing some weights now and then, but it's really only maintaining rather than changing.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finished Plyometrics. Or rather, plyo finished me. :D

I reached an interested stage - where one system fails before the other. About 2/3 of the way through plyo, my leg muscles pretty much had it. Because I couldn't do the exercises 100%, I managed to catch my second wind. So I had a period of time where it was clear my legs were the bottleneck of my workout.

Our bodies are pretty interesting things when we listen to them. :)

I'll be overseas for four weeks starting today. I plan to keep my 5/week workout schedule with running/walking and some upper body exercises mixed in. I'm usually good while I'm there because the peeps there are very active. I'll check in and report as often as I can. In the meantime, keep up the good work everyone. :hug:

Udog - thanks for the update. I noticed we're both down to 1 cheat each. I'll be working on stayin' alive!

Also, did in fact maintain total weight loss through this week. Total weight loss now, since late June = 20lbs. :happy: Haven't been this weight in over two years and am ecstatic to be fitting into all my old clothes and planning on getting new ones on holiday!! :yay:

That's awesome news! Congratulations and well done!

I hope you have lots of fun (and exercise ;) ) on your trip.

I'm still kickin, but had to use two cheats this week. (I was away all weekend and slacked off during the week). I also think I need to bump it up a notch or two for exercise. I am walking regularly and doing some weights now and then, but it's really only maintaining rather than changing.

Maintaining is respectable, though. You are establishing habits be ready to reap immediate benefits when you decide to kick it up again. Thank you for reporting in.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
We wish your teacher understood alot of things. :yes:

Here's an example:

YouTube - Power 90 Ab Ripper Workout

Is that understated enough for you? This is what I've been doing instead of the Ab-Ripper X, which I can't even come close to doing.

The next level is the Ab Ripper 200, which is the exact same routine, but with 20 repetitions of each exercise instead of 10.

Thanks. I'll have to bookmark that for this weekend.

I walked to school and walked the track a lot. So... that's my workout for today.

wolfy

awsm
I trained my legs a second time last night and trained my upper body again today. Higher reps and less sets than on Monday.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Those I haven't heard from:
Trinity

Trin, Pink, and Antimony have been consistent in exercising, but not in reporting. (Slackers!) And I'm pretty sure I'll hear from a couple of you soon enough.

I'm a PEEEEEE! :tongue10: :D

I've also never got my head around when one week ends and another begins, time and me do not get along. Anyhoo, I've had one class cancelled on me this week but otherwise all good, about to head off to my reformer pilates class :yay:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a PEEEEEE! :tongue10: :D

I've also never got my head around when one week ends and another begins, time and me do not get along. Anyhoo, I've had one class cancelled on me this week but otherwise all good, about to head off to my reformer pilates class :yay:

:thelook:

Why bring up waste elimination?

In keeping with the season. "HUMBUG"!

;)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I did weights, mostly training my upper body.

Didn't walk to school today because it was too damn cold.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stayed up past my bedtime so I could squeeze my workout in today. Finished my Shoulder/Arms + Ab Ripper 200 routine. I'm currently sipping on my recovery drink.

I'll be overseas for four weeks starting today. I plan to keep my 5/week workout schedule with running/walking and some upper body exercises mixed in. I'm usually good while I'm there because the peeps there are very active. I'll check in and report as often as I can. In the meantime, keep up the good work everyone. :hug:

Welcome Zarathustra!

Udog - thanks for the update. I noticed we're both down to 1 cheat each. I'll be working on stayin' alive!

Also, did in fact maintain total weight loss through this week. Total weight loss now, since late June = 20lbs. :happy: Haven't been this weight in over two years and am ecstatic to be fitting into all my old clothes and planning on getting new ones on holiday!! :yay:

Congrats! That's wonderful news. I usually get my best workouts in new areas, because I'm so anxious to get out there and explore the area. Good luck.

Oh, and the 1 cheat thing. Heh. I think I can do this as long as I don't get attacked from multiple angles like I did last week. I'll do my best - all I ask is you do the same! :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So, this was the last aerobics class today. Fitness analysis. I don't have the measurements for my body yet, so I'll post the ending results of my workout classes when I get home later.

I've been trying to reformulate my goals.. since my original goals in the thread were "show up to every class" lol. My 265 PT score needs bumping up by 5 points on the push-ups (something I am capable of) and maintaining my other two standards.

I've been trying to find a way to formulate goals on my own to work on. I need something with structure, otherwise I'll never pull it off. So.. I'll try to come up with a plan for these new goals:

1. At least a 270 on the PT test in January.
2. Be able to do 50 push-ups. I don't mean the girly, regular push-ups I do right now. I mean the sort where the hands are next to the body, and a lot of triceps are involved.
3. Gain upper body strength, and gain endurance on the lower body.

... That's all I've got for right now. :) I do have exciting news, I'll be the proud owner of a Wii fit soon, so you can bet that thing will somehow be incorporated into my workout routine.

Also, there's a new gym in my area I think I might look into. Genesis Athletic Performance

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, this was the last aerobics class today. Fitness analysis. I don't have the measurements for my body yet, so I'll post the ending results of my workout classes when I get home later.

Congrats for achieving your goal. :)

I've been trying to reformulate my goals.. since my original goals in the thread were "show up to every class" lol. My 265 PT score needs bumping up by 5 points on the push-ups (something I am capable of) and maintaining my other two standards.

I've been trying to find a way to formulate goals on my own to work on. I need something with structure, otherwise I'll never pull it off. So.. I'll try to come up with a plan for these new goals:

1. At least a 270 on the PT test in January.
2. Be able to do 50 push-ups. I don't mean the girly, regular push-ups I do right now. I mean the sort where the hands are next to the body, and a lot of triceps are involved.
3. Gain upper body strength, and gain endurance on the lower body.

... That's all I've got for right now. :) I do have exciting news, I'll be the proud owner of a Wii fit soon, so you can bet that thing will somehow be incorporated into my workout routine.

Also, there's a new gym in my area I think I might look into. Genesis Athletic Performance

That gym looks expensive. However, if they live up to their word, I bet you'll get the workouts of your life. In my opinion, it's definitely worth looking into.

Is there another class that you can take next semester?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I want to, but I think if I take a class it has to be continuing education (which I don't mind necessarily.) since I'm already having to petition for the classes I NEED, moreless getting the classes I want to take. I'll look into it, but they do have free classes they do at my college, so those might be incorporated.

Measurements Then/Now:
Weight: 146/136
Resting Heart rate: 65/73
Working heart rate: 98/76
Sit ups: 55/51 in a minute (though my score is worse on this because I took a sit-up test in another class last night. I got 60 in that class.)
Push ups: 30/41 in a minute
Sit and Reach flexibility test: 30/31.5
Body fat percentage: 25.1%/23.4%

Body measurements in inches then/now:
Calf: 14/15
Thigh: 23/22
Buttocks: 39/38
Hips: 34/35
Waist: 28/29
Chest: 35/35
Upper arm: 12/12

Overall, not much change to my body's measurements, but lots of change to the way those measurements look, and my performance. I think the heart rate changes were the most interesting.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Gah sorry I haven't posted.

I'm having some pretty intense issues right now. I've been running, but not as much as I'd like. Long story.

I'm hoping to pick back up soon. I've been doing some interval training, and I can definitely feel the effects haha.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
We did some kind of cardio pilates thing that was much more cardio than pilates.

I don't know. It seems weird when parts that they don't mention are the parts that get sore. Makes you think you did them wrong...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Completed 1 hour of my 1.5 hour Yoga routine. I waited too long to start it, and ran out of gas. Gotta work on the whole nutrition / exercise timing thing.

I'm having some pretty intense issues right now. I've been running, but not as much as I'd like. Long story.

I'm hoping to pick back up soon. I've been doing some interval training, and I can definitely feel the effects haha.

Interval training is killer, isn't it? I hope things quiet down for you soon.

Measurements Then/Now:
Weight: 146/136
Resting Heart rate: 65/73
Working heart rate: 98/76
Sit ups: 55/51 in a minute (though my score is worse on this because I took a sit-up test in another class last night. I got 60 in that class.)
Push ups: 30/41 in a minute
Sit and Reach flexibility test: 30/31.5
Body fat percentage: 25.1%/23.4%

Body measurements in inches then/now:
Calf: 14/15
Thigh: 23/22
Buttocks: 39/38
Hips: 34/35
Waist: 28/29
Chest: 35/35
Upper arm: 12/12

Overall, not much change to my body's measurements, but lots of change to the way those measurements look, and my performance. I think the heart rate changes were the most interesting.

Definite improvement, and it's not like you need major improvement to begin with, so that's excellent.

The heart rate one is odd, though. I have to wonder if your resting heart rate was taken under the same circumstances.

We did some kind of cardio pilates thing that was much more cardio than pilates.

I don't know. It seems weird when parts that they don't mention are the parts that get sore. Makes you think you did them wrong...

What it probably means is that you did movements you aren't accustomed to doing. More likely than not, this is a good thing!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think I found muscles where I didn't have them before.

I am right on my way to becoming that sumo wrestler! :D