• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's not, if you permanently hurt yourself. Patience.

Gym teachers don't understand patience. She yelled at us today. She's going to start using the riding crop soon.

I'm glad the phlegm that yoga pushed into my lungs is slowly crawling back up my throat. Otherwise, we could have had a problem.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Gym teachers don't understand patience. She yelled at us today. She's going to start using the riding crop soon.

Well. You could always inform the teacher that if you keep up this pace you will injure yourself. And you would hate to get 90% of her salary for the rest of her life because she/he was an ass.

:)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well. You could always inform the teacher that if you keep up this pace you will injure yourself. And you would hate to get 90% of her salary for the rest of her life because she/he was an ass.

This still doesn't change the fact that it's my bow arm and this is three days before a playing test. Gym teachers hate strings players. They hate them a lot.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This.

She likely has a general education degree and, if you keep reading this thread, knows less about the science of fitness than you will. So instead, she reads from some pre-planned generic exercise syllabus that the school gives her, simply to make sure you guys stay busy during the class period.

Tell her you injured yourself last time, and does she know any easier alternatives to the moves in the video.

Also, a yoga block will make some of the exercises easier (and safer) for you.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why do you exercise guys keep telling me how pain is so, so good for me and then keep telling me to stop injuring myself?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Why do you exercise guys keep telling me how pain is so, so good for me and then keep telling me to stop injuring myself?

LOL...There is pain, and PAIN. A little practice, and you will be able to tell when it's a good pain, and a damage type pain.

And I never said it's good for you. :tongue10:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
LOL...There is pain, and PAIN. A little practice, and you will be able to tell when it's a good pain, and a damage type pain.

And I never said it's good for you. :tongue10:

So if a shoulder almost feels fine when you're not touching it, but like a claw's digging into it if you give it so much of a poke, is that a good or bad pain?

If your legs aren't tired when you're running but your throat is sandpaper and it's getting impossible to breathe, is that a good or bad pain?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
So if a shoulder almost feels fine when you're not touching it, but like a claw's digging into it if you give it so much of a poke, is that a good or bad pain?

If your legs aren't tired when you're running but your throat is sandpaper and it's getting hard to breathe, is that a good or bad pain?

#1 Sounds like overuse, if it feels that way the same day as the exercise. If it's three days later and it still hurts the same or worse, it's an injury. If it aches the next day or two after exercise, it's delayed onset muscle soreness.

#2 Sounds like the usual thing that happens when you breath hard for long periods of time.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, the P90X has a section on this that's quote worthy:

Often, you will hear the expression "No pain, no gain" when it comes to achieving fitness results. Understand that this does not refer to the kind of pain that a trapeze artist would experience after missing the net. What it does refer to is muscle burn that is common during intense workouts. It's a GOOD pain. Let's review: missing-the-net pain, bad; muscle-burn pain during intense exercise, good!

Edit out: Biax already answered the second portion.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heh, the P90X has a section on this that's quote worthy:

Often, you will hear the expression "No pain, no gain" when it comes to achieving fitness results. Understand that this does not refer to the kind of pain that a trapeze artist would experience after missing the net. What it does refer to is muscle burn that is common during intense workouts. It's a GOOD pain. Let's review: missing-the-net pain, bad; muscle-burn pain during intense exercise, good!

Okay. the highlighted portion makes me giggle.

Sandpaper occurs a few seconds after beginning running. I think this means that I shouldn't run during my all-year allergy season.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Okay. the highlighted portion makes me giggle.

Sandpaper occurs a few seconds after beginning running. I think this means that I shouldn't run during my all-year allergy season.

I think it happens. And unless you can't breath, you should just keep going. ;)

wolfy

awsm
I don't know if I posted all my workout on here. I trained four times. I think I need to improve my leg strength for my deadlift. More squats.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I think I might add in dynamic work but really I think it is more a case of not being a lazy ass on leg day.

LOL!

Ah, but if you achieve maximum contraction to get out of the bottom. You don't have to worry so much about overall strength.

Lazy ass. :D