• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's veterans day and my parents want to go out to eat.. Mix that with my major headache from dealing with kids all day, and I don't know if I'm going to go to gym class today.

Kyuuei possibly miss a day? *faints*

I hope the headache goes away soon. :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
P90X 3/90 completed. Today, we did shoulders and arms, followed by the Ab Super Duper Extreme Buster Crazy Ripper X (or whatever they call it).
Congrats! :smile:

Mom - you've been through so much lately that you are allowed some days like this. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hardly consider you to be a 'mess'.

And I'm really happy that you've found a video that has a teacher you really like! That's important!

As far as getting the next level of videos.... if you are thinking about doing it, then DO IT!!! :D If they are too intense, there is no shame in backing off to the previous level. This way, at least you will have a goal to help drive you!
Thanks for the encouragement!
I just looked on Amazon and it turns out she has a few new videos just released this month!
Out of stock right now.
I need to buy a resistance band.
Any recommendations on what to buy?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the encouragement!
I just looked on Amazon and it turns out she has a few new videos just released this month!
Out of stock right now.
I need to buy a resistance band.
Any recommendations on what to buy?

I just ordered this from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Lifeline USA TNT Special Triple Resistance Cable: Sports & Outdoors

It should be in tomorrow. I'll report my thoughts on it when I get to check it out. It may be a bit more than you need though - I bought it because it's capable of using multiple bands, which makes it easier for me to increase the resistance.

You likely want a band that'll give you 10-40 pounds of resistance (there are tricks to increase and decrease the resistance in a band). Other than that, I'm not honestly sure how much of a difference it makes. I hear Lifeline makes good bands in general, though. If the TNT I linked to is too much, check out their other options.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Mom - you've been through so much lately that you are allowed some days like this. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hardly consider you to be a 'mess'.

And I'm really happy that you've found a video that has a teacher you really like! That's important!

As far as getting the next level of videos.... if you are thinking about doing it, then DO IT!!! :D If they are too intense, there is no shame in backing off to the previous level. This way, at least you will have a goal to help drive you!

What he said.

And y'all need to remember the goal is to get healthier. Not run yourself into the ground because you found something that works. And somehow started to think more is better. :)

wolfy

awsm
Just right is just right.

But...
Yesterday, I trained legs. My GPP sucks so I made it my goal to run myself into the ground and bring my fitness up. I just kept moving doing squats etc for an hour and then did bike.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I moved my bookshelf today, as well as re-cased and packed a bunch of CDs. After dinner, I'll go back to organizing my messy paperwork.

To make it more interesting, I've been doing all my chores with 10 pound wrist bands. :D

And y'all need to remember the goal is to get healthier. Not run yourself into the ground because you found something that works. And somehow started to think more is better. :)

Yes, this is important. The body tends to tell you if you are pushing too hard. Healthy exercise requires you to check the ego at the door sometimes.

Yesterday, I trained legs. My GPP sucks so I made it my goal to run myself into the ground and bring my fitness up. I just kept moving doing squats etc for an hour and then did bike.

Wolfy, what is GPP?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Been a fatty this week so far. No gym. Eating crap.

Mood might be contributing.

When I get close to finals I have a tendency to quit doing everything except eat sleep and study.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If swimming is an option, you can always go for that.

Boxing was nuts, in the way I want; hot and tough. Seeing as it's November and we're already having a record heat wave I've been thinking about swimming since it was mentioned earlier as a good option for fitness and dealing with summer, there's a public swimming pool just down the road from me, it'll prolly be full of squealing kids but if they squeal too much I can always push them under in the deep end, right? :huh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Boxing was nuts, in the way I want; hot and tough. Seeing as it's November and we're already having a record heat wave I've been thinking about swimming since it was mentioned earlier as a good option for fitness and dealing with summer, there's a public swimming pool just down the road from me, it'll prolly be full of squealing kids but if they squeal too much I can always push them under in the deep end, right? :huh:

Awesome news in regards to the boxing!

As for the kids, I ain't see nothing. I imagine your boxing skills will come in handy here. :whistling:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
...there's a public swimming pool just down the road from me, it'll prolly be full of squealing kids but if they squeal too much I can always push them under in the deep end, right? :huh:

Just remember, the ones that can swim need to weighed down with rocks.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aww... us INFPs are compassionate, humanistic folks. :wubbie:

MBTI Type
INTJ

Just tell the kids that they repainted the bottom of the pool and it smells like strawberries.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Aerobics class and Krav Maga class were long today. @-@ I think my scheduling crisis for next semester is wearing on my nerves.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have dropped from the competition. For the past few weeks, I've done nothing else than my final work to graduate from my school. I've been very very slightly ill, due to small fungus problem at my home, and my extra sensitivity to it. I found the problem spot and cleaned it, removing my problems. I haven't found the physical strenght for anything but walking & flexibility exercises for some time. I think my time schedule contributes to it. I write my work 10-12 hours a day, on average, day on, day on. I've been too something something perhaps to exercise.

My time of walking / week has reduced to less than an hour. Flexibility, just once/twice per week, 5-10 minutes at a time.

But, I positively know I want to get good health & fitness back, and I'll be able if I graduate :) I'll have that much of a better opportunity for good work, which will leave me plenty of time for exercise, later.