• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Completed my B workout this morning. I'm sleepy, but feel good.

Please change 9 to 8. I cheated today due to foot problems XD

Those are last week's numbers, and I have the new week starting on Monday. The cheat will show up next week.

Don't worry, I ain't letting you get away with a cheat! :ninja:

Because I stopped carrying so much water weight now, I checked the scale -- I've lost about 4 lbs since I first started. :D

Congrats! That may not all be water weight - you've been doing an excellent job.

I had a good day the other day - the scale showed about three more pounds down. However, I think maybe I have pneumonia - coughing all night, can't breathe, losing my voice by the end of the day, but not really horrible enough to warrant making 3 hours of sub plans a night. I exercised two days last week. This is bad! I could've at least done a stretching video or something! Sorry for the late posting - it was Thanksgiving today, so we had the family here most of the weekend.

Great job on the weight loss. I hope you are feeling better soon. For now, worry about getting better, and once you get better we can talk about your slacking. :devil:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Congrats to Discobiscuit for reaching observable gains!

Believe it or not, we will also be reaching the quarter mark this week. (On Wednesday, in case you wish to celebrate via party or sacrificial lamb.) That means we’ll have completed a forth of the exercise challenge. I don’t know about you guys, but it’s actually kind of hard to believe. I hope everyone has been enjoying themselves so far. :)

Anyway, the report. As usual, I’ll update this as I receive feedback.

Code:
Blackcat    9
EffEmDoubleyou    7
Elaur        8
ergophobe    7
INTJMom        +0
kelric        10
Kyuuei        9
poppy        7
Santtu        10
Tallulah    7
Udog        5
Wolfy        10[/B]

[I]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.[/I]
The people I still need to hear from, with what info I have:
Antimony
café
Clonester
Colors 2 of 4
Feops
Fidelia
Jeffster
Jen
ladypinkington 3 of 5
PinkPiranha
Trinity
Winged

UDog... would you please explain your code? What does my zero mean?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
UDog... would you please explain your code? What does my zero mean?

The "+" just denotes that you are going up from 0 instead of subtracting from 10, which is what I decided to do for those that are joining late. (Largely due to the Last Man Standing portion of the contest, which will happen only if a single person makes it to March without using all 10 original cheats.)

So +0 means you haven't used any cheats, and if you do, it'll go to +1. Anyone that gets down to 0 cheats will get the same thing. :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The "+" just denotes that you are going up from 0 instead of subtracting from 10, which is what I decided to do for those that are joining late. (Largely due to the Last Man Standing portion of the contest, which will happen only if a single person makes it to March without using all 10 original cheats.)

So +0 means you haven't used any cheats, and if you do, it'll go to +1. Anyone that gets down to 0 cheats will get the same thing. :)
So those numbers represent how many cheats each person has left (except for me)?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So those numbers represent how many cheats each person has left (except for me)?

Yup - because you started after the initial join date. You are still a part of everything, and as I said before, I'm including you in whatever I end up doing for the people that make it to March.

Are you okay with that? Would doing this differently be more helpful for you?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I thought that would be an injury?

Well, if I were injured, sure. But it's just me whining because my feet are entirely too sore. There's nothing wrong with them except I stood up on them for 30 hours this weekend with shitty shoes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: Sure thing. I think I will definitely buy a few bottles in Colorado when I go.

As a side note: We had our midterm in aerobics class, so no workout in the class today. Instead, I'll do level 1 of my workout DVD to compensate this evening.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Alright I did my modified workout, which I'm liking. Half hour total but it's hard work. Finished up but the 4 and 6 year old exercising with me and having a giggle fest was hilarious.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Has anyone had any experience with the P90X workout plan? I was naturally immediately suspicious of it because it is sold in an infomercial, but I have two not-at-all-crazy friends who have used it and swear it works, and there are pretty positive reviews online. The caveat seems to be that you have to have the stones to stick with it, which is true of pretty much any program. The concept appeals to me because it's not expensive and you can do it at home with no equipment other than a resistance band and some dumbbells.

Anyone have an opinion?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright I did my modified workout, which I'm liking. Half hour total but it's hard work. Finished up but the 4 and 6 year old exercising with me and having a giggle fest was hilarious.

Laughing burns calories. Well done 4 and 6 year old!

Has anyone had any experience with the P90X workout plan? I was naturally immediately suspicious of it because it is sold in an infomercial, but I have two not-at-all-crazy friends who have used it and swear it works, and there are pretty positive reviews online. The caveat seems to be that you have to have the stones to stick with it, which is true of pretty much any program. The concept appeals to me because it's not expensive and you can do it at home with no equipment other than a resistance band and some dumbbells.

Anyone have an opinion?

This seems like a pretty good article that talks about what to expect.
Your Seat is also a Flotation Device: P90X Review: for the once fit person who'd like to reclaim their body

My friend, who I've worked out with in the past and has a solid knowledge base, has it. He's only done the first DVD, but says it's promising. It was recommended to him by friends who had success with it.

You'll need to buy some equipment (nothing major, though) to do some of the workouts, it appears.

EDIT: It sounds pretty intense. A doctor's visit before starting this is a good idea.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So I didnt' do my work out DVD. I ended up stumbling somehow into a Commando Krav Maga 1on1 class instead today. I have the strangest luck it seems. I got a workout out of it, and had my ass thoroughly kicked.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry for checking in so late, Udog. Ok:

Thursday: Magnificent, finally tried running my entire night route to see how long it really takes me (I usually only go 4/5 of the way and then warm down)- 45 minutes (counting probably 2 minutes stopping for shoelaces and to cross the street). Felt good, though my feet hurt.
Friday: Nothing, cheat on eating a little (oh dim sum fried goodness), but overall not too bad.
Saturday: Tired, some bicycling to barely make my minimum. (Bike chain only slips twice, yay.)
Sunday: Awful, home stress getting to me. Binge on my go-to stress foods: half a packet of unsalted saltines, crackers, salty canned soups, etc. Which brings me a total of one more cheat last week.

Monday: Three hour hike! Only meant it to be two hours, but I got a little lost. Felt rather cathartic, so I still enjoyed it (plus I knew I would be all cooped inside for the storm). Saw a deer and a squirrel with a giant tail in the light so that it looked quite blue. Eating = great.
Tuesday: It's raining buckets. Eating = good.

I tried your vegetable-fruit-nut smoothie recipe, with frozen banana and pineapple, romaine lettuce (the dark green outer parts that no one ever wants), cashews and a touch of orange juice. It was tasty and spring green. (The version with spring mix? Not so tasty or appetizingly colored.)

I was thinking about doing this. Problem is it involves getting up pretty early so I can run while it's still dark (I can't bear to jog in the glaring honesty of the sun :D If you saw me trying to run, you'd understand).

I'm with you Poppy. Too many people... looking. And, to be honest, too many distractions. All it takes is a shiny bauble or a vague spare thought and my jog becomes a walking crawl as I contemplate the petals of a flower or eternity gets shorter.

Because I stopped carrying so much water weight now, I checked the scale -- I've lost about 4 lbs since I first started. :D

Congratulations! The beginning to exercise part is the hardest. :yes: Now you're really into the habit, it'll feel good continuing.

I've lost 2 (not counting the five pounds I gained and lost due to vacation time :p), which brings me to an average of a third of a pound a week.

I had a good day the other day - the scale showed about three more pounds down. However, I think maybe I have pneumonia - coughing all night, can't breathe, losing my voice by the end of the day, but not really horrible enough to warrant making 3 hours of sub plans a night. I exercised two days last week. This is bad! I could've at least done a stretching video or something! Sorry for the late posting - it was Thanksgiving today, so we had the family here most of the weekend.

I forgot, you're Canadian. :p If you're not feeling well, fidelia, you better not push it- go see a doctor, asap! (That universal health care's gotta be good for something.)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks Colors! The only problem with universal health care is that it means that health care is accessible to everyone and therefore there are not enough doctors to go around! Sometimes it takes a week or two to get in...

EffEmmW (I got lazy at the end) - My boyfriend and about five of his friends did P90X. He lost about 20 pounds and loved it. I find the guy annoying and not the best trainer I've seen, but the exercises are good and it certainly will kick your butt. They also have a diet plan included with it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm really going to try to do my exercise program today.
I'm feeling well enough.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You guys keep bumping this to try to make me do my workout? FINE!