• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
(sadly, both of us are likely too lazy to find it)

Hahaha!

If you try a few gyms, it's likely 1 or 2 will take the forefront.

Yeah I've looked at three and the Y. The Y is really appealing because of the kid stuff, too, but it doesn't have as big a weight area.

One of the gyms looks pretty good and I only found it because the two others mentioned it! "You probably heard of ___" I think I like that one the best, but it is the farthest.

Argh! Making a decisions as an ENFP isn't easy.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Monday: Unplanned break day. Still got 20 minutes on my bike (not going very fast, as bike was dying).
Tuesday: Break day. (Tired)
Wednesday: Whipped my ass into getting out of the house: 20 minutes bicycling to/from class again (bike is in death throes, chain fell off gear four times on the way back) and 40 minutes usual evening route. Unexpectedly ate vegetarian, heh, wasn't too unpleasant, maybe try again today? Countered good vegetable eating with a toaster oven smore.

Two break days right at the beginning of the week is putting me perilously close to using more cheats. Will try to jog my entire evening route today (and start doing it earlier- two hour long naps in the middle of the day are the only thing keeping me alive) to see if I can do it (and how long it takes).

Apparently my body is 40% fat.
Listen to Udog, those things can be very inprecise. Apparently I'm somewhere in between 16-34.65% fat. :headphne:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I've looked at three and the Y. The Y is really appealing because of the kid stuff, too, but it doesn't have as big a weight area.

One of the gyms looks pretty good and I only found it because the two others mentioned it! "You probably heard of ___" I think I like that one the best, but it is the farthest.

First and foremost, pick the one you'll be most likely to go to - not necessarily the 100% best one. I don't care if ___ is the best - if it's too far for you to want to drive to, it won't do you much good.

The Y may not have the best equipment, but if you're more likely to actually use it because of the kid's stations that's a huge argument in its favor. The Y usually has a pool as well, and swimming is the best cardio workout you'll find. (Just make sure you can use it during the hours you'd be there!)

Listen to Udog, those things can be very inprecise. Apparently I'm somewhere in between 16-34.65% fat. :headphne:

:laugh: I love how some of these things have precision down to the hundreths of a percent, but with a +/- 10% margin of error.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hahaha!

If I join a gym here, it'll be the Y, because they have a zillion classes (like yoga, pilates, dance cardio, etc), and it's cheaper than the regular gym. But I don't like weight machines much, anyway.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well the classes can cost money at the Y but at the gym they are all included. But they have some free classes, even for the kids.

ARGH!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you like / dislike about each? Do the gyms have a play area and staff for the kids?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Didn't walk to school because of the rain

25 minutes weight training, but I don't know if I can count all of it.

What am I supposed to do when it rains?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What am I supposed to do when it rains?

Well, you are still exercising at class so not all is lost. If you are so inclined, some sort of afternoon exercise could make up for the missed walk.

If you are not so inclined, missing the occasional walk because of rain isn't going to make a huge difference.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from CSW. Got to teach a new guy a whole bunch of stuff today which was really fun.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, you are still exercising at class so not all is lost. If you are so inclined, some sort of afternoon exercise could make up for the missed walk (and possibly more).

If you are not so inclined, missing the occasional walk because of rain isn't going to make a huge difference.

What I mean is that the low pressure that brings in the rain screws up my sinuses, pulling everything down to my throat. For about the last five minutes I could barely do anything because I couldn't breathe. :cry:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I mean is that the low pressure that brings in the rain screws up my sinuses, pulling everything down to my throat. For about the last five minutes I could barely do anything because I couldn't breathe. :cry:

Damn, that sounds rough. I have no idea what you could do for that.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I get allergies and sinus trouble really bad too @w@ not the sexiest thing in the universe. I feel your pain Hap!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, even though I couldn't breathe, that workout seems to have been effective enough... oww.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once again we are reminded of why the INFP is called the "Healer". Another happy client runs walks away. :)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Once again we are reminded of why the INFP is called the "Healer". Another happy client runs walks away. :)

Hmmmph...Buncha Pansies...

It takes a little pain to appreciate when you don't hurt. :rolli:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This week:

Workout x 1
Long walk x 1
Daily aerobic exercise for 20 minutes

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I used my Y guest pass to check it out today. Worked out for an hour, like mah plan!