• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I am here. :ninja: :peepwall:

I have combined workouts the past few weeks, doing cardio on the same days as weight lifting. Last week I worked out two days, and used a "cheat" because I went to the spa instead of working out on Friday. Ye can make a wild guess as to whether or not I'm apologetic about that. :coffee:

:happy: I'm back. (Not really an announcement anyone needs, but eh.)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ye can make a wild guess as to whether or not I'm apologetic about that.

Apology accepted. :D

Naw - I bet the spa was totally worth the cheat. It's a good way to help keep those muscles relaxed and loose.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I used an injury thingy today.

Will I regret joining the Y? Looks like they even have "watch my kid while I work out" stuff.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Will I regret joining the Y? Looks like they even have "watch my kid while I work out" stuff.

You'll only regret it if you go once and then forget that it exists.

Do it for a week, go a few times a week or however many times you need to. After two weeks of doing that it will become a habit, and it will feel off if you don't go.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

They are pricey, have resources available to them that your typical gym doesn't. Be sure to look into their programs and classes for interesting things!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school -- but I had to go back and get something once I left the house so I kind of had to book it. Is that extra credit?

25 min pilates. I think I may have figured out how to do some of the exercises right. Ow.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I did a stretching day where I spent some time working on flexibility, doing some physical therapy maneuvers, and overall loosening and relaxing the muscles in the body. Class was cancelled, so I used the time to allow my muscles to recover ^_^

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally, finally went the gym this morning and did my B workout. (Hmm... today is the day after I finished the speech I've been stressing about. Coincidence?)

Good news: I'm consistently losing weight. I'll probably share next week once I verify it's not all a dream. Also, my knee is feeling better for now.

Bad news: Since I didn't make it yesterday, I'm going to have to use a cheat that I didn't intend on using. Suddenly, I'm somewhat concerned about if I'm going to make it. *buckles down*

.8 mi to school -- but I had to go back and get something once I left the house so I kind of had to book it. Is that extra credit?

25 min pilates. I think I may have figured out how to do some of the exercises right. Ow.

There's no extra credit in this thread!

*hands Hap a gold star*

Class was cancelled, so I used the time to allow my muscles to recover ^_^

'bout time, foo. :D

Last edited:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually, I meant am I going to regret signing up because I thought the Y had *less* stuff and was cheaper. (Family membership)

I'm so lost.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I meant am I going to regret signing up because I thought the Y had *less* stuff and was cheaper. (Family membership)

I'm so lost.

It may depend on your area. They tend to have less gym equipment, more programs, and are more expensive in my area. Of course, this was from when I checked them out several years ago. My info may be outdated.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, thanks for the info, I'll check that part of it out, that's exactly what I was wondering.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks to you guys keeping me accountable, I did my workout this morning. Yay!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sorry i forgot to check in on monday, but i'm done. I'm too depressed/busy to motivate myself to workout and not binge eat, but it was fun, maybe when i'm feeling better I'll get back in some sort of a work out routine, last week just messed me up.

Good luck to everyone else. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks to you guys keeping me accountable, I did my workout this morning. Yay!

Hooray! How did your hike on Tuesday go?

Sorry i forgot to check in on monday, but i'm done. I'm too depressed/busy to motivate myself to workout and not binge eat, but it was fun, maybe when i'm feeling better I'll get back in some sort of a work out routine, last week just messed me up.

Good luck to everyone else. :)

Aww.... :( I wish you the best.

Just so you know, having weeks where we completely screw up, phenomenally, is something that many of us go through. I had a pretty bad week 2 weeks ago that consisted of 1 workout and a few binges, and I've had several horrible weeks since I resolved to start losing weight in June.

Please go ahead and take a break if you need it. Just remember that a part of success isn't the ability to avoid horrible weeks, but rather to recover from them. Life happens, and it isn't always pleasant. I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

wolfy

awsm
I did some upper body training today. I'm also trying to get more flexible so I'm doing a lot of stretching.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I went to aerobics today. We had kickboxing day. I did everything shy of breaking the windows. :devil: My teacher had to push me to the front of everything so I wouldn't damage any of the dainty ballerinas in our class. I'm telling you what, step class and floor work I'm not as graceful as these girls.. but I'll be eat my hat if I didn't make all of them look like the awkward out-of-step ones today.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm had the week from crap, including binge eating and owie legs. But I went scoping out some gyms today, I'm totally lost on how to pick what I want. I dunno if I'm still allowed to use an injury, I'm just thinking I overdid it on the legs and need to let them rest. I have to be careful with my arm because of my loose joint. I swear I'm not just making this crap up! :shock:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm had the week from crap, including binge eating and owie legs. But I went scoping out some gyms today, I'm totally lost on how to pick what I want. I dunno if I'm still allowed to use an injury, I'm just thinking I overdid it on the legs and need to let them rest. I have to be careful with my arm because of my loose joint. I swear I'm not just making this crap up! :shock:

If it still hurts, then continue taking a bit of time off. Although I would recommend keeping the binge eating in check - as no exercise AND bad eating is a quick way to lose what you've gained.

I thought you already joined the Y. Just so you know, some gyms actually have play areas for kids. It's a fair thing to look for.

The article I posted awhile ago (sadly, both of us are likely too lazy to find it) had some good tips. From my personal (and limited!) experience:

1. Does it have a decent variety of *functional* cardio equipment?
2. Is there a time limit on the cardio equipment?
3. How many treadmills/elliptical machines does it have? They tend to be the most popular, and sometimes the hardest ones to get.
3. How busy is it during the times you are most often going to work out?
4. Is there a "female only" area of the gym?
5. What kind of classes do they offer, if any? How much do they charge?
6. How much does membership cost per month? Is there an entrance fee?

If you try a few gyms, it's likely 1 or 2 will take the forefront.