• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I gained 1.5 pounds. Damn.

So I've been good with about 34 out of 42 meals for the week. 5 were bad, and I missed a few of the snack meals. But I hit my exercise goals and walked 5x this week. While I don't think I've actually gained 1.5 pounds of fat, the lack of losing it is frustrating. It appears I'm not going to have much room for error if I want to succeed.

So I had my Donuts of Frustration this morning, and will hit the grocery store tonight and hunker down. I'm starting to feel it's me vs my body. I'm not getting the freebies like in the past - I'm going to have to earn every pound I lose.

Eeee, I never came back to describe my first Krav class, it was coooool! :) they're gonna teach me how to beat people up and rip their heart oudda their chest... coooooool!

I'm going to have to find something else more cardio intensive as well though.

That's all.

Plus, let's not all the calories you burned celebrating some championship game or 'nother. :yes:

Honestly, I didn't keep track this week--I don't know if I need a cheat or not!

Hmm... much like the nature of life, it is a mystery for the ages.

I guess the only thing to do is make a note of your success, and give you the benefit of the doubt. That, and put a little star by your name* like Sammy Sosa when he broke the homerun record with all those steroids.

* Not really.

*whistles innocently*

One cheat day used last week, by the by. :coffee:

:blush: Thanks for honesty.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Congrats with sticking to it. :)

What kind of exercises are you doing? I find elliptical is a pretty good all around exercise, and you can always deemphasis the upper body when you do it. Just hold onto the poles a bit more passively and let your legs do the work.

Udog - I'm using the elliptical that doesn't have the arm poles and like that much better.

For upper body, I'm splitting up a back-bicep and chest-tricep workout over 3days with 2 days for lower body. I try and do 3-4 different machines (2 sets, 15-20reps each) each day including the arm curls, tricep extension, chest press, lat pulldown, lateral raise, whatever the exercise is where you take dumbells and go from your shoulder to above your head sort of making an A... (great description, I know :cheese:). I used to do more with free weights but am trying to keep the goal manageable and get in there on the 5 days I promised.

If you have any suggestions for more or different ones, let me know. I need to add crunches to my daily routine but am finding the 30-45 on cardio and 15 mins for weights plus 10 minutes each way to the gym to be enough of a time commitment. Maybe I'll separate the crunches and just do them in the morning on a break on the days I work from home.

Thanks!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll be running a mile on Saturday, since a friend (enfj) challenged me by saying that he can probably run a mile faster than I can. I'm fairly certain he is wrong. I guess we'll find out.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Udog--if you've been eating mostly healthily, and have been working out, you are probably just gaining muscle. Don't focus on the scale! Plua, sometimes I've noticed that I'll build muscle before I lose the fat on top of it. I don't think you're gaining fat at this point.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I concur on the muscle versus fat explaining the weight gain.

Also, it's a long term thing. Some weeks will be up and some down (From my own experience - in the 12 weeks I've been doing my program, several weeks were gain weeks but I still ended up losing a pound a week on average despite that). That's the nature of this beast.

Great job on keeping up! That's what matters. We're making lifestyle changes - they take time.

Yay for all of us! :yay:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Flooded basements suck. No more than the basement?

No, thankfully it wasn't the rest of the house. Though, the basement was finished and got submerged under 4-feet of water at some point.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I demolished aerobics class today. A whole hour of strength and toning training to good techno music ftw. I'm doing better by my diet as well (had a few days of friends in a row where diet was forgotten :laugh: Back on track with it now.) and I've noticed a considerable increase in my need to eat and the amounts I need. I'm hoping to blame this on a higher metabolism :laugh: I need one!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I gained 1.5 pounds. Damn.

So I've been good with about 34 out of 42 meals for the week. 5 were bad, and I missed a few of the snack meals. But I hit my exercise goals and walked 5x this week. While I don't think I've actually gained 1.5 pounds of fat, the lack of losing it is frustrating. It appears I'm not going to have much room for error if I want to succeed.

So I had my Donuts of Frustration this morning, and will hit the grocery store tonight and hunker down. I'm starting to feel it's me vs my body. I'm not getting the freebies like in the past - I'm going to have to earn every pound I lose.

I think you're doing great! I know I haven't posted much on other's progress, but I have been paying attention to it all since ya'll are such a great source of motivation.

Some of us are just doomed to always be pitted against our bodies :blush: I think it's especially hard for the extreme people -- people that can't gain weight, and us who have trouble losing it at all. Every little push counts, and every little falter counts too.. and it always feels like the falls count twice as much!! :static: The bright side is that all the effort WILL eventually make a difference, because trying is 10x better than not :yes:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a zombie. I don't know if I'm going to make it today. I did make it to preschool story time and the hobby store though, so not all just dead staring. Some though. I almost fell asleep at chuck e cheese on the table.

I'm going to not give up and try tonight.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Thanks, guys. I agree with you all. :)

The bottom line is that A) I *am* physically feeling more energetic, so I am doing some things right and B) I have room for improvement, and if I want to lose weight, I will need to up my effort.

I'm a zombie. I don't know if I'm going to make it today. I did make it to preschool story time and the hobby store though, so not all just dead staring. Some though. I almost fell asleep at chuck e cheese on the table.

I'm going to not give up and try tonight.

Honestly, in situations like this I'd recommend resting - even if that just means a light workout where you don't push yourself. Your body is letting you know it needs rest, and you'll be more effective tomorrow if you rest today.

So if you do workout, make it a light walk or shortened jaunt on the bike.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Udog--if you've been eating mostly healthily, and have been working out, you are probably just gaining muscle. Don't focus on the scale! Plua, sometimes I've noticed that I'll build muscle before I lose the fat on top of it. I don't think you're gaining fat at this point.

What Miss Tallulah said. Don't lose heart! :hug:

I did another 3 hours of walking/target-muscle exercises and weights the last two days. Slowly but surely, my friend!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Go pink!

Udog, I just weighed myself earlier.. I haven't lost another pound since my take off last month. I know I'm doing well though, so don't lose hope because I won't either :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I just had a bunch of redbull and some sugar (yeah, great, i know) so now I have a headache and am sort of dazed instead of sleeping on my desk. I'm not sure that helped.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just had a bunch of redbull and some sugar (yeah, great, i know) so now I have a headache and am sort of dazed instead of sleeping on my desk. I'm not sure that helped.

Red bull + sugar = time to exercise*!!!

*message not approved by anyone that actually knows anything about science and health.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^totally awesome, as always.

Ok, I'm going to miss today, but before getting down I'm going to plan to get more sleep so I'm not dragging in an unhealthy sleepy way and I'm planning to do my early morning exercise on Saturday! So hopefully I won't lose any days this week.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just one run day last week- I'll have to use one of my cheat days.
And one soccer.

I got a concussion on Saturday playing soccer so I'm having to take it easy so far this week. It wasn't a bad one but concussions have a weird healing time frame. I've been walking back and forth to work to compensate (35 min each way).

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
If anyone is looking for some motivation for this thread, I've lost quite a bit of weight from regular running over the past six months. 25lbs in total. If you're not used to running long distances it takes several weeks to build up to it, alternating walking and running until you can run a fairly long length like say 5k (3 miles). I find it's a good distance because it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes if you're a regular runner whereas 10k takes closer to an hour.

I've been running 2-3 times a week on top of other sports. And it's definitely helped a lot with weight loss. I keep a healthy diet too. The biggest challenge is not overeating, but I try to manage that.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just one run day last week- I'll have to use one of my cheat days.
And one soccer.

I got a concussion on Saturday playing soccer so I'm having to take it easy so far this week. It wasn't a bad one but concussions have a weird healing time frame. I've been walking back and forth to work to compensate (35 min each way).

Man, I hope you feel better. Yeah - you don't want to taunt the concussion. That would be baaaad.

Thanks for the update. :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Where do you run? I live on a long street and it gets boring (I used to walk it)