• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
:cry: I guess I will have to think of something. This just sucks, though, and I'm really annoyed at my body. All those years of emaciated flat-chestedness and now this! :mad:

The only way this will work is if I buy something to replace the soda that I can just grab without any prep work, that I like and will consider an indulgence. I can't be trusted otherwise because I will feel deprived. :violin:

Here's what I'd do--get down to just 1 can or even half a can a day, and up your exercise. Then if you start seeing results, you might not even want the soda. (It works that way for me.) And if you're seeing results, you may be able to keep some soda in, just less than you used to drink. It might take a little while to see results, so don't panic. Also, drinking soda once a day won't cause blood sugar spikes all day long like spacing them throughout the day. I like Coke Zero a lot, but diet drinks usually only work for me as a replacement for the second sugary drink I would have had. Like you, I 'd feel deprived if I totally replaced all my favorite stuff with diet stuff. If you just try to drink less (and one time a day) of the regular Coke, I think you'll still do okay. It's always better not to think in a "diet" mindset, I think. Too easy to go, "Screw this! I'm doing what I want!" :smile:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
great thread idea... way to promote healthy living :nice:

im gonna pass on the competition but i have quite a few exercise goals, yall gotta keep me honest! :newwink:

goals:

- 20 military pull-ups
- 100 military push-ups
- 100 standard sit-ups
- run 4 miles in 28 minutes
- run 1.5 miles in 9 minutes
- run 14 miles straight
- swim 500m in 9 minutes
- hold breathe underwater for 3.5 minutes
- 5.11 grade climbing
- not to exceed 215 lbs

currently:

-30:00
-10:30
-not attempted
-water stuff is on hold for now
-210 lbs

ideal schedule is 540A to 800A monday-saturday but lately i have been sleeping in instead :doh: also, i want to do rock climbing gym every sunday and start swimming again after work MWF once i find a pool around where i live. stress from work has set me back a bit but i am starting to get a handle on that so hopefully i can pick up the pace! :ninja:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
20 minutes pilates today. I think I actually did them right this time.

How do you know how much of the weight is just you being fat and how much is because you have a large frame?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP

How do you know how much of the weight is just you being fat and how much is because you have a large frame?

you can get a body fat analyzer from most places that sell exercise equipment... not entirely accurate, but it's a lot more informative than just a scale if you're trying to keep track of fat loss

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did more walking and biking and weights. Same old. I like my routine. *hugs routine*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone, please remember that weight is just a guideline, okay? Please don't freak over weight measurements. Muscle weighs more than fat. And everyone has a different build and body type, so don't be disheartened!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Everyone, please remember that weight is just a guideline, okay? Please don't freak over weight measurements. Muscle weighs more than fat. And everyone has a different build and body type, so don't be disheartened!

QFT! Never go by just the scale.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ooh! pinkie is a poney!

*waves fresh carrots*

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I went and tested out a yoga class last week, it was aiiright, and particularly humorous when the instructor started undertaking some 'face-yoga' I think I managed not to laugh out loud with how freaken hilarious it looked but it was quite an effort. Picture someone who looks and sounds just like Judge Reinhold's character in Axel Foley, Det. William 'Billy' Rosewood, then imagine him leading exercises like [in slow, calm voice] 'now just pull your bottom lip up over your top lip... like this' *pulls over with great dexterity* and 'stare at the end of your nose, then off into the distance and back at the tip of your nose again, ok' :rofl1:

Anyhoo, I'm supposed to be heading off to my Krav Maga class now but I've injured myself and there's nothing I could do :( I wanna go!

I'll do something else slower and more gentle on my own, but disappointed with that one.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
This challenge is both too competitive and too trendy for me :)cool:), but I have a question you exercise-conscious lot might be able to help me with. What's the best way to reduce muscle-soreness the day after a workout? Do hot or cold showers help at all?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
A soak with epsom salts makes some difference. Warmups and cooldowns (which I used to just view as a waste of time) and doing stretching on a regular basis also seems to help.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
another week down...

2x 2.25 mile run/walk
2x 30 minutes stationary biking
3x 25 minute bowflex

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm back! I went to the gym and did my B lifting schedule, and went for the long walk (~45-60 minutes). I almost died only once, too! It all happened when I came across this Steep, Muddy Hill of Curious Irresistibility. Because it was a hill of curious irresistibility, I had to get my George Mallory on and climb that sucker! I almost made it to the top too, when I got careless with my next to last step and slid. And kept on sliding. Then slid a bit more. I'm sad, because it wasn't recorded and I have missed my chance to be on America's Funniest Videos. :(

Anyway, my workout summary thus far during the competition:
Times Stalked by Crazy Gym Chicks: 1
Times Almost Getting Lost and Starving to Death in an Arboretum: 1
Times Almost Killed by Steep, Muddy Hills of Curious Irresistibility: 1

I'm doing GREAT!!

G

Glycerine

Wow! Stalked??? That sounds either really funny and/or really creepy. EDIT: All you guy/gals are doing very well. Whooo! :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
great thread idea... way to promote healthy living :nice:

im gonna pass on the competition but i have quite a few exercise goals, yall gotta keep me honest! :newwink:

ideal schedule is 540A to 800A monday-saturday but lately i have been sleeping in instead :doh: also, i want to do rock climbing gym every sunday and start swimming again after work MWF once i find a pool around where i live. stress from work has set me back a bit but i am starting to get a handle on that so hopefully i can pick up the pace! :ninja:

Welcome to the thread! Good luck making your goals.

540A, though? That's early! If you figure out something to motivate yourself to wake up that early, please share it! I'd love to do a morning gym routine, as it's the only time of the day I can guarantee to have to myself. It would require a 445 wakeup time though, and I can't swing that right now.

Good job. Pilates are pretty effective - you should start noticing a difference from those.

Grayscale offered good advice. It's actually pretty expensive to get accurate body fat measurements. A scale with a body fat % analyzer is the easiest solution, but it's only really good for measuring increase/decrease - they are quite inaccurate.

You can also go with something like this: Amazon.com: FatTrack PRO Digital Body Fat Management System with FREE Composition Tracker Body Fat Tracking Software: Health & Personal Care

Although you'll have to learn how to properly use it to do any good, and it's kind of tricky.

Anyhoo, I'm supposed to be heading off to my Krav Maga class now but I've injured myself and there's nothing I could do :( I wanna go!

I'll do something else slower and more gentle on my own, but disappointed with that one.

Aw... I'm sorry about your ankle. I hope it heals quickly for you so you can get back into the game.

This challenge is both too competitive and too trendy for me :)cool:), but I have a question you exercise-conscious lot might be able to help me with. What's the best way to reduce muscle-soreness the day after a workout? Do hot or cold showers help at all?

Well, keep in mind the first week is going to be baaaad. The soreness gets more manageable after that.

However, cooling down by walking or other slow paced activity is really important. Also, really stretching after a workout helps.

The next day, you can also do a light exercise to warm up and then stretch again. I've never tried salts like Fidelia suggested, but a warm bath can be really soothing. Not that a straight male such as myself has ever taken a warm bath, mind you.

Wow! Stalked??? That sounds either really funny and/or really creepy. EDIT: All you guy/gals are doing very well. Whooo! :)

Well, perhaps I exaggerated just the tiniest of bits. I talked about it earlier in the thread.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Isn't this the goal!!

You make a very compelling argument. I will need to manufacture more crazy stalker chick stories before this is over.

G

Glycerine

Well, perhaps I exaggerated just the tiniest of bits. I talked about it earlier in the thread.

Suuure. haha, I was kinda exaggerating w/ all the punctuation.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
2nd week done.

3rd week I'm going to be paying more attention to sleep and food.