• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

wolfy

awsm
Leg press 5 sets of 10.
Leg curl 5x8
Back extension 3x25

Also did some walking, stretching.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yay! I did it today! I was worried I was falling off the cart. Or on? Or something but it wasn't hard at all today to do my exercise. Happy day!

:static: :static: :static: :static:
I'm not one for emoticons but I'm thrilled.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leg press 5 sets of 10.
Leg curl 5x8
Back extension 3x25

Also did some walking, stretching.

Do you split your workouts into muscle groups? How do you decide what exercises to do?

Yay! I did it today! I was worried I was falling off the cart. Or on? Or something but it wasn't hard at all today to do my exercise. Happy day!

:static: :static: :static: :static:
I'm not one for emoticons but I'm thrilled.

:yay: I've fallen a bit off as well, but will make the come back ... ahem... tomorrow. Today I'll hit the other grocery store, stock up on some fruits and veggies, and cook a healthy dinner and lunch. This week's cheat will not have been wasted!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been extremely busy this week with school and stuff, but i have managed to work out everyday. I spent an hour and a half at the gym on Tuesday, mostly doing cardio, but i also did 15 reps of everything in the circuit training room. The other days i just went on really long walks. I'm taking a break today, because i have no school and i am exhausted!

I've been doing well with exercising, but i'm having major food problems. when i come home stressed from school i want to eat, and exercising seems to make me 20 times hungrier, so i've been consuming A LOT of food, and it hasn't all been healthy or small portions.

wolfy

awsm
Do you split your workouts into muscle groups? How do you decide what exercises to do?

I split my workouts into upper/lower. With the deadlift and bench press as testers. If they go up my training is going well. So basically I do what I feel will make those go up. I have a template in my head of what works best and play it by ear from that.

Some of the workouts I post are me playing around after work.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Aerobics class didn't know what hit 'em today. I was a beast in it! Rawr! :devil:

My schedule has forced me to re-adjusted my DVD routine, which is okay I suppose. My new schedule for my goals:

Aerobics class tuesdays and thursdays
Weight training and my workout DVD level 1 Mondays and Wednesdays
Fridays and Sundays - Level 2 or 3 of my DVD and trail running with the Fam. this weekend will be excluded from Military training, but I assure you we will be doing army PT there on top of some hard work (we're cleaning out storage cages this weekend.. talk about boiling in a metal shed oven) :D So no slacking for me.
Saturdays/Saturday night - Rest time.

I'm addicted to this breakfast sandwich btw >.> It tastes better than anything i could order at Wendys, and takes like 5 minutes to cook when I cook at my usual warp speed. (I'm wondering if anything I do is truly slow and methodical :laugh: )

Time for a shower, some studying, and a bit of car work.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Walked the dog for 40 minutes at a brisk pace (poor thing needs to get in shape, too).

Will do workout later today.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Elliptical workout again today - strenuous activity for 30 minutes, 10 minute cool down.
Weights - rowing / pull-down to work biceps and lower back

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I think gyms are boooorring. Nothing makes me snooze faster than a weight machine. For the price of that, I'd rather join a class.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need to try a gym, but im scared of new stuff!

An ENFP scared of 'new'?! :shock:

More seriously, why do you want to join the gym? Are you interested in lifting? New cardio exercises? Classes?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did not go to gym - break day

Did walk around a hell of a lot (at least 1 hour, maybe more, coolness)

Total caloric intake: about 1500

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Gym class did some fitness calculator stuff instead of exercise today, which was probably good because my ankles still hurt like hell after yesterday.

The computer recommended I do 1.5 miles at 3 mph this week 3-6 days, but I don't think my teacher will allow me to do that.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease." — V.L. Allineare

Okay, so I hit the grocery store today, but went out to eat and had a nice dessert. (Not a Blizzard.) Looking at the above quote, I have decided Friday, tomorrow, will become 'today'. I won't be perfect, but no more excuses.

I've been doing well with exercising, but i'm having major food problems. when i come home stressed from school i want to eat, and exercising seems to make me 20 times hungrier, so i've been consuming A LOT of food, and it hasn't all been healthy or small portions.

Since you are exercising, it's actually okay to eat more. Just weigh yourself, keep an eye on your measurements, or pay attention to how your clothes fit. Any one of those will tell you if you are eating too much, and you can adjust.

A general dietary rule: If there is food in your house, you will eventually eat it. It's actually easier to replace unhealthy foods with healthier alternatives than to play the 'will power' game in your own home.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just did my workout. Didn't pull any muscles by accident then time. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Walked, did crunches, drank less than one can of diet soda, ate some yummy (sweetened) grapefruit.

Will doing crunches and stuff reduce my belly fat even if I don't lose weight? Or should I try to lose weight, too? I'm at the high end of normal for my height and frame, so I guess it wouldn't hurt.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Your abs will build muscle from crunches, but you won't see that muscle until you lose the fat around it. Working your stomach out can stimulate fat loss in those areas, but overall fat loss of the body is what will give you any definition. But everything you do is much better than nothing. :static: Keep it up :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just did my workout. Didn't pull any muscles by accident then time. :)

Hah! Well done. :D

Will doing crunches and stuff reduce my belly fat even if I don't lose weight? Or should I try to lose weight, too? I'm at the high end of normal for my height and frame, so I guess it wouldn't hurt.

No - crunches will not reduce belly fat unless you are losing fat in general. Unfortunately, you can't control where fat gets removed. Genetics and sometimes irony :)D) play the biggest factors in that.

Do you consider yourself to be in a place where you want to lose weight? The high end of normal range is still within normal range. You can still get healthier without necessarily losing weight... EDIT: Hah, what Kyuuei said.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Walked, did crunches, drank less than one can of diet soda, ate some yummy (sweetened) grapefruit.

It won't neccessarily reduce your belly fat if your belly is where you fat distribution concentrates. Just like only working my legs probably won't reduce the fat there. Exercising will reduce the fat in your belly regardless of what specific exercise you do. So if you ran a lot, you'd reduce belly fat. If you did crunches only, you'd reduce belly fat. If you did lots of push-ups, you'd reduce belly fat. What the specific exercise will do, though, is build the muscles that are being used.

Or: What the other two said. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you did lots of push-ups, you'd reduce belly fat. What the specific exercise will do, though, is build the muscles that are being used.

:yes: Everyone has six pack abs, but you have to have a pretty low body fat percentage for them to actually show.