• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great job, guys!

Should I get insoles?

Maybe to try out - but I would think you are just as likely to get something ineffective or worse than something better. I'd tread (har) carefully.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ate well today, plenty of water, no Coke, over an hour of fast walking.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks ma'am! That means a lot coming from you, you workout beast!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm quite proud of the two hours I spent at the gym today. :)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is the gym fun? I've gone once before a couple of years ago and it was kind of stimulus overload and too many people for me, or does it grow on you?

30 minutes this morning (Thurs), before it started to rain on me a bit much. My calf is still impossibly stiff from my Monday cramp, but maybe my stretching it will help. Will be happy to get away from city air.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Done. I'm getting sore for skipping my 2 day break last weekend so this weekend will be welcome.

I used to go to the gym. I guess the mood depends on the gym, but I found it put me into gear to get all my stuff done. No lazing about at the gym, you have a purpose! What got me to quit wasn't the gym itself but the whole showering alongside other naked people thing. Bleh.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Did you find them seeing you or you seeing them more objectionable?

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Went to the gym, got back at midnight.

List my workout, ye say? Nein, that is not 'ze point of 'zis post (I'm doin' 'de weekly thing).

I just wanted to give a large 'ROCK ON' to all of you guys. :static:

:happy:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Went to the gym, got back at midnight.

List my workout, ye say? Nein, that is not 'ze point of 'zis post (I'm doin' 'de weekly thing).

I just wanted to give a large 'ROCK ON' to all of you guys. :static:

:happy:
i just think it's cool that your gym's opened that late.

And btw, i didn't read the other posts so I'm wild guessing here, but it's not too much of a stretch to say that lots of people are trying to lose weight via sports.
Well the thing is, sports are a good way to realise the difference between real need and percieved need for nutrients by multiplying your energy expenditure it makes the hungry/not hungry thing much clearer, so that's good as far as dieting goes but the thing is, by thinking about it all the time or using sports as a punishment method because darn you just had to have that extra chocolate cake isn't the way to go, because then your mind just focuses on this elaborated construct while truth is all you have to do is let it tell you what you need with minimum control. Living systems managed to stay fit for billions of years I mean, so I'm pretty sure that more of those neocortex functions that started the whole overeating thing in the first place isn't the way to go.

They did studies about it btw(I love studies, they entertain me in the morning).
So, in our eastern and eastern derived cities people who don't watch their weight or count calories and just have that despicable habit to listen to what their reptilian brain tells them they need are the ones whose nutrition is the closest to their needs.

I believe in making each activity stand for itself so that when I have a run I do it because I want to and have the energy to, building a huge nutrition plan that then links to the sportive activity that then is related to your self esteem which wil make your dreams of marrying a smart and sexy guy/girl come true and in the end you'll be 'the real you' is a way of thinking that is just clearly delusional, counterproductive and masochistic. Yet, I see it everywhere around me.

Anyway, my 2 cents in case some people are going to war against their own bodies using sports, conditioned love hate relationship to sugar and a distorted image of the self.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is the gym fun? I've gone once before a couple of years ago and it was kind of stimulus overload and too many people for me, or does it grow on you?

Personally, I don't particularly care for the gym environment. However, I appreciate the access to the various machines and weights, so I will continue to go until I have my own home gym.

I find the gym is much more tolerable if A) I have my trustee mp3 player filled with music and B) I have an idea of what exercises I want to do. It's pretty painless then, barring when one of my machines is taken and I have to improv a different exercise. A huge plus with gyms is that they often have classes/group exercises, and those can be fun. Good personal trainers can be great motivators as well, but they tend to be expensive.

by thinking about it all the time or using sports as a punishment method

I haven't seen that too much in this thread, yet. I have seen a couple of people reward themselves with higher sugar meals after they complete a workout. Which, honestly, if you gotta eat a high sugar meal - after a workout is one of the best times to do it.

Living systems managed to stay fit for billions of years I mean, so I'm pretty sure that more of those neocortex functions that started the whole overeating thing in the first place isn't the way to go.

I agree with this. I think diets in some western countries are so poor, though, that some degree of calorie counting and whatnot is good to start off with. Our reptilian brains aren't used to constructs like highly refined sugars and processed foods. We need to retrain ourselves to listen to our bodies.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I used to hate going to the gym, because i don't particularly like to work out around people, but since i started going to my school gym, i love it. There are always very few people there, the majority of the people go to the pool, and i wouldn't be caught dead in a public pool, so i take advantage of the lack of people in the cardio and weight rooms. i skip the free weight rooms, because really i can't pick up anything in there.:doh:

mp3 players help ignore people.

wolfy

awsm
I did some extra work for my deadlift after work.

Rows 3x8
Pulldowns 3x8
Back extensions 3x20
Weighted Crunches 3x20
Hammer Curls 3x8

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did my hour today, even while making up social study flash cards for the 5th grader. I pushed the bike up to the desk and threw the keyboard and mouse on a wooden board on the handles. I'm glad I have two nice large monitors.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I admit it, I was a lazy ass. Then I decided on the spur of the moment to do some exercises at home with exercise tape/band so that I don't feel guilty.

15 x 2 reps each of (these are my names, have no idea what the real names are):

- Diagonal extensions
- Butterfly
- Cross-overs
- Abduction slow
- Abduction rapid
- Crunches (left, right, middle)

Caloric intake = about 1200 kcal

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm so tired today and muscles and joints all hurt, so i'm going to try to rest a bit today. i might do some wii fit later.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^^ Everyone needs a break. I took a break, too. Just because you signed up for the challenge doesn't mean that you have to workout every day. Better to take a break now and again than to give up after a month. :hug:

Besides, if you work out every day, your body doesn't have a chance to build up muscle, which is BAD. Then you LOSE muscle strength instead of gaining, which is really BAD.

3-4 times a week for someone starting out is perfectly cool.

Leave the pros to do it more...

<sits in the beginner's circle and drinks some water>

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Little that doesn't make you lazy. :laugh: Lazy it looking at the workout stuff, and then rolling over and eating lunch instead!!

Even with my lazy tendencies today, workout goal - complete! Also, yoga was totally awesome. My hips have been feeling like they haven't in a long while thanks to the floor work we did today, furthering my love of floor work over weights. I definitely will think about joining a yoga class in the future. :yes:

I'll practice skateboarding today as well.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, that sounds awesome!!! :D

You really are an inspiration.

How do you manage to work out so intensely every day???