• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

wolfy

awsm
Had some time after work so I did 8 sets of 25 push ups, about 30 pull ups and some crunches.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I'm new to this contest bit. Good luck, everyone. :ninja:

My goals are to be physically capable of:

10 unassisted pullups
10 plio pushups (I can do the normal variety.)
Holding a handstand for 10 seconds
6-minute mile
Cartwheels (this is more fear than inability, but eh)
Extended flexibility (in certain areas)
...and for my pants to require a belt to hold them up.

(I don't do inches or weight because that is not my focus.)

Per week:

• 3-4 weight lifting sessions
  • 3 heart-pumping activities (FUN ONES)
  • 7 stretching sessions, after working out or waking up if it's a non-workout day.
  • ...Arrr, matey.
P.S. Need to actually eat enough. I eat healthily, but lose appetite when stressed, which then makes me sick. Yay for remembering. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The crunches were not too bad. I think I can make them part of my pre-nap routine. It will be hard on the days when my routine is messed up, like tomorrow, I have to take a kid to an appointment at the time I'd normally be napping. Will need to think of a plan B routine.

Tonight, the normal evening walk won't be a problem, but I will have to plan ahead to make it work tomorrow because I have an evening meeting at the community center. Probably will need to figure out something to throw into the crock pot.

I really hate when my routine is off. I think I'm getting set in my ways. :dry:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awrite, awrite... The Pink did an hour and a half of walking, leg lifts, calf raises, etc plus 6 lb weights for upper body.

Soon, I shall flex and there will be a rip in space-time.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Have you been practicing swimming at all? To me, that is the single most draining cardio I've ever done in my life. Even when I could run 4 miles without really stressing my breathing (sigh, a long time ago), swimming would kill me pretty quickly.

How do you train for the swimming portion of a triathlon?

Swimming is next on the docket. You're right: it's killer cardio. Plus, it works an array of muscles - much more than does simple jogging.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm new to this contest bit. Good luck, everyone. :ninja:

P.S. Need to actually eat enough. I eat healthily, but lose appetite when stressed, which then makes me sick. Yay for remembering. :)

Welcome! Exercise is often an excellent appetizer moderator. My desire for sweets and excessive foods diminishes, while my basic hunger for something substantial increases. Hopefully you'll experience something similar with a bit of time.

Tonight, the normal evening walk won't be a problem, but I will have to plan ahead to make it work tomorrow because I have an evening meeting at the community center. Probably will need to figure out something to throw into the crock pot.

An alternate plan B routine is a good idea. Depending on how your schedule and goals align, you can also focus your days off for the "B" days while integrating exercise as a habit on A days.

Awrite, awrite... The Pink did an hour and a half of walking, leg lifts, calf raises, etc plus 6 lb weights for upper body.

Soon, I shall flex and there will be a rip in space-time.

Mighty! When I flex the only thing I notice ripping is my pants. I'm a inverse Incredible Hulk. :shock: My sleeves and pant legs remain intact while everything in the middle... well, you get the idea. :laugh:

Swimming is next on the docket. You're right: it's killer cardio. Plus, it works an array of muscles - much more than does simple jogging.

Do you have any good suggestions on facilitating access to a pool? My gym, sadly, does not have one, and my apartment complex's pool closes this weekend.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Welcome! Exercise is often an excellent appetizer moderator. My desire for sweets and excessive foods diminishes, while my basic hunger for something substantial increases. Hopefully you'll experience something similar with a bit of time.

I actually do workout regularly - but only with weight lifting. I just got back into the swing of things and have been on a plateau of sorts. Hopefully I'm still allowed here. :ninja: I really do need to remember to eat, but the extra activity should spike it, 'tis true.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure you're welcome. There are a few veterans playing along. You are in good company.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Exercise:

I'm at home all day today with my son, but I've been trying to stay active all day. I have a very messy house to clean, and i heard that cleaning house can actually burn quite a few calories, so i have cleaned the kitchen so far, and i still have 2 bathrooms, living room, 2 bedrooms and lots of laundry and vacuuming to do! I also took Brady to the park and i chased him around and then carried him back home on my back, so that had to count for some sort of cardio.

When my significant other gets home I'm going to go to the park and walk/run a mile or so and then do some work on my arms with some 5lb barbells. (i'm weak) Maybe some Wii Fit Later tonight.

FOOD:
I'm trying to get my metabolism to work better for me, so i'm trying to eat small meals at regular intervals. I'm doing pretty well with that, and i'm not particularly hungry right now, so that's good. I've maybe been eating tooo many carbs though.
I've had roughly 750 calories so far today. I'm trying to stay between 1500 and 1800.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Level 2: Complete.

I lent Pinky my t-shirt and she inhaled so mighty that it tore it clean off of her. It was my favorite shirt. :cry: I think Pink should be voted off the island. It's not fair if you already start out a beast.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Summary:

45 minutes of cardio (elliptical) with 5 minute cool down

Caloric intake: between 1200 and 1500 kcal

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
May I feel your muscles, Miss LL?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, did my workout for the day. This really is encouraging me. I think I'm going to get copies of my "before" pics and post them to encourage me too. :tongue10:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Ok, did my workout for the day. This really is encouraging me. I think I'm going to get copies of my "before" pics and post them to encourage me too. :tongue10:

I encourage this highly whether you post or not. Seeing the results will encourage you to work out more than anything else, imo. Like, yeah.. I care about feeling stronger and faster and all that.. But SEEING that I'm leaner, stronger, faster.. This is the ultimate "Hell yeah!"

My before and after results from the past month is what made me feel confident enough to do this.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's why I take measurements. Then I know it's not my imagination, but that I'm really losing weight.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
30 minute walk

There was a sub today so there wasn't much pressure to go fast. I went ahead of the group and practiced actually lifting my legs off the ground (which I don't normally do. Well thar's your problem). Right leg was normal sore, left leg got a pain in my ankle, and that foot squiggled around a bit when I put it down.

I think I need to work on that.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
went to cycling this morning for an hour. was planning on taking the muscle class right after (hour classes each) but my stomach was killing me so I headed home. I stop my watch when my heart rate returns to normal and it was at 812 calories burned. Wanted to try and make circuit training tonight but still have pain in my side.

My goal at this point is to get to the gym 4-5 times a week. I missed last week because I was doing yard work and really busy with the kids and dental appointments and I could tell a difference in my body and mind so I need to go as much as possible to keep sane. It's sooo good for your mind to sweat! I'd start running again if there wasn't that risk of re-injuring my foot.

food wise i am eating lean cuisine. my favorite is the mushroom pizza! drinking one diet soda a day and the rest of the time, water. i am still eating sweets but managing portion control. i also like wasa crackers as a filler with my meals or as a snack with salsa.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Completed.

Doing it after school is good. It suppresses my want to eat anyways.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Speaking of wanting to eat. Today in particular I've been a beast. I demolished my entire fridge, and then my cabinet. Nothing was spared. No mercy was shown. Rawr.