• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:kicks dirt: Truuuue :tongue:.
I decided to not Zumba today, & I can't Monday or Tuesday. There's Aerobic Conditioning Tuesday night, but it should be tame. I'll definitely have more off days for a bit once the end of the semester hits and it's time to bask in my NFPs

You'll jump back into the addiction period :). How is your back today, mister?

Sounds good - just don't get so caught up in the NFPs that you forget to exercise altogether!

As far as my back, it's doing a bit better - thanks for asking. :) Although it's healing slowly, and I don't know if I'll be ready to start back up again tomorrow.

I did end up running yesterday. :yes:

Excellent!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday:--
Monday:--
Tuesday: Aerobic Conditioning - Interval Walking/Running/Stuff

The above was good, but I most absolutely negated it with whatever alcohol I drank at karaoke. My poor Sparkpeople will not approve, so I need to get better in that regard!
Sounds good - just don't get so caught up in the NFPs that you forget to exercise altogether!

As far as my back, it's doing a bit better - thanks for asking. :) Although it's healing slowly, and I don't know if I'll be ready to start back up again tomorrow.
:thelook: Back status, dahling? (course otherwise I should go read your blahg :tongue:)
You know the NFPs are just too good and distracting! Eh. Sadly, most of the impending distraction will just be due to visiting my NFPs, away from my Zumba. They will, however, go on walks!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout yesterday and mowed my large hilly lawn with a non-self-push mower.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Back is still hurting, although it's no longer spasming like it was. I'm going to aim for a light workout tomorrow - all the normal exercises, but only maybe 50-75% of the weight. I'm aiming to be back to a normal routine next week.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Back is still hurting, although it's no longer spasming like it was. I'm going to aim for a light workout tomorrow - all the normal exercises, but only maybe 50-75% of the weight. I'm aiming to be back to a normal routine next week.

I hope you get past it soon. It takes me about 2 weeks to get to somewhere near normal when I kill my back.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks. :) I definitely pulled it, but it's the slightest pull I've ever given it, so I'm optimistic.

I do admit, though, that tomorrow may be pushing it. We'll see. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me until Monday!

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Had a good workout yesterday! 35 minutes on the treadmill + strength training.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I can put up more weight, and have more power on the incline bench than the flat bench. Which, I'm told, isn't supposed to be that way.

INTPs: I reject your biomechanics, and substitute my own.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did my bodyweight workout yesterday, not much else to say. I'm up to being able to do 7 pull ups... slow and steady, I guess.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Folk Dance
Thursday: --
Friday: Zumba!

Tonight was more of a charity event for Relay For Life, but it was great. It was at an elementary school that was built in the late 1930s. Reminded me a lot of Matilda lol. There were heaps of children, which is always cool in relation to Zumba.
Michael also gave me custom Zumba logos for my car, and put them on for me :wubbie:. It more-than-officially makes me a part of the cult.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unlike my dietary habits, my exercise habits have been impeccable since Monday of last week. Haven't missed a day, although I did go at 75% effort last week to make sure I didn't re-tweak my back. This week has been 100% effort, with about 90% weight.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let the jury note that I completed my workout for today. Only 2 days left before my goal has been completed.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Let the jury note that I completed my workout for today. Only 2 days left before my goal has been completed.
Yay! Good for you!

I did good yesterday too. Biked to the gym (about 15 minutes round trip), did 15 minutes on stationary bike and 15 minutes on elliptical, and 20 minutes of weight lifting. I was super tired afterwards but it felt good!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Since I actually started weighing myself [first week=oopsies], I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks on this diet and I basically eat as much as I want. Go to whole foods food bar and just stack roast turkey and veggies and pig out for lunches. Breakfasts with 4-6 eggs and 3 strips of bacon. Dinners with chicken, beans, and veggies. Saturdays I gorge on dunkin donuts and burgers and milkshakes. Repeat. I work out maybe 3 hours a week. Don't have to fool around with measuring amounts of things or making silly lists. Just pure bodyhacking. I don't know if any of the mechanics he touts are true or not, but it works.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need to work out. I've been doing small bursts of exercise, but I haven't done a full workout this week. Mostly because I was recovering from going to a metal festival, that was like a herculean workout in itself.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've walked a good deal over the past few days, stampeding about through NYC.
Sadly, I'm out of commission for a few days due to a hooha procedure and other adventures. I miss my Zumba, desperately!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Zumba, I've found, is really just not for me, sadly. My hips cannot maintain the fast pace for an hour, and the cardio wasn't nearly as vigorous in comparison to the boxing and martial arts drills.. :c I was really disappointed, since I'd probably have gotten more out of it if my hips hadn't hindered me during all of the fun parts. There is a dance workout DVD I can do, but I do it for a few minutes, not an hour.

As for me, today I am switching my kickboxing/zumba class over to traditional boxing.. But I've signed up for formal Commando Krav Maga training as well as (soon to be) traditional boxing just for the work out the drills give me.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Worked out today and yesterday. Now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do next.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I have my next 28 days of workouts set up and ready to go. I'm going to try to not post every day this go around, though. If I start slackin, I'll start posting frequently again.

Since I actually started weighing myself [first week=oopsies], I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks on

this diet and I basically eat as much as I want. Go to whole foods food bar and just stack roast turkey and veggies and pig out for lunches. Breakfasts with 4-6 eggs and 3 strips of bacon. Dinners with chicken, beans, and veggies. Saturdays I gorge on dunkin donuts and burgers and milkshakes. Repeat. I work out maybe 3 hours a week. Don't have to fool around with measuring amounts of things or making silly lists. Just pure bodyhacking. I don't know if any of the mechanics he touts are true or not, but it works.

Congrats! And actually, that diet sounds pretty interesting. I'm currently at my 250 pound curse. Ever since at least 2006 (when I started writing down my weights), I always stall when I hit below 255, and I'm never able to break 250.

I'm seriously thinking about doing this to break the 250 mark and lose a quicker 15 pounds or so. It's not something I'd do for much more than that, though, because diets like this don't teach us long-term maintenance, which is necessary to keep the weight off.

However, as a quick 10-20 pound weight loss tool? Yeah, I don't have an issue with it.

And Jock - to reply to the article:

Eating more frequently than four times per day might be helpful on higher-carb diets to prevent gorging, but it's not necessary with the ingredients we're using. Eating more frequent meals also appears to have no enhancing effect on resting metabolic rate, despite claims to the contrary.

Frequent meals can increase the calories burned from the "thermic effect of food", or the energy used to digest food, but not the metabolic rate per se. Other benefits of 4 or more meals include balancing of blood sugar, controlling cravings, mood enhancement, and a steady supply of amino acids which can improve the growth of muscle mass. I consider compromising with 4 meals a day to be perfectly sound. Just make sure they are small enough that you are hungry at the next meal for maximum effect.

Otherwise, just say no to fruit and its principal sugar, fructose, which is converted to glycerol phosphate more efficiently than almost all other carbohydrates. Glycerol phosphate p triglycerides (via the liver) p fat storage. There are a few biochemical exceptions to this, but avoiding fruit six days per week is the most reliable policy.

Fruits have fructose, but they also have high levels of soluble fiber as well as sucrose and glucose. It seems like this argument is trying to piggy back on the nastiness of high fructose corn syrup, and I ain't buying that. I'm not sure what the issue with glycerol phospate is, either. How many human-blobs of fat got that way from their horrible strawberry addiction, anyway? :D

Having said that, limiting fruits is actually a smart idea, and I'm not going to argue for their necessity. They are a perfect addition to a post-workout snack or smoothie, but beyond that moderation is important or they will limit your fat-loss.

I make myself a little sick each Saturday and don't want to look at any junk for the rest of the week. Paradoxically, dramatically spiking caloric intake in this way once per week increases fat-loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate (thyroid function and conversion of T4 to T3, etc.) doesn't downshift from extended caloric restriction.

Okay, I admit that I don't know if the mechanics here are correct, and I'm too lazy to look this one up. (I don't feel like filling in the gaps by researching metabolic pathways.) However... the concept is actually right. An unlimited cheat day will throw the body off, and almost certainly makes the diet a bit more effective.

More importantly in my opinion, is that the cheat day provides a mental incentive for good behavior. It's much easier to work for 6 days knowing that on day 7 you can reward yourself with all sorts of goodies.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tuesday: Zumba

We Zumba'd outside, which was awesome despite the 85 degree weather. I felt a bit draggy for some reason, but it was good overall :). More tomorrow and Thursday!