• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: Zumba
Monday: --
Tuesday: Hatha Yoga

Yoga was interesting. I wasn't fond of all of the 'downward dog', since it hurts my palms, but I enjoyed the class overall. There was a woman next to me who was very sweet when I told her it was my first time yoga-ing in ten years. It set the tone of the class for me, so I'll be going back next week :yes:.
Years ago, I would have been far too angry at nothing to really give pilates or yoga a chance. I can't even express how glad I am to be open to both right now.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Went out for a 2 mile (25 minute) tonight, running alongside my cousin doing her W4D1 run. Not ideal, as she runs much faster than me during her runs and walks much slower than my 12.30 pace during her breaks. I had to stop halfway through tonight because of pain in my lower back. It stopped after a minute or so of walking, but every time I tried to run after that it was bothering me so I just stopped. I think it's a mixture of bad posture, spending most of my day sitting down and a weak core. I'll look up how to run with good posture tonight and go out for an early run in the morning to make up for it. Anyone got suggestions for exercises to strengthen my core muscles?

I'm happy to say that my legs felt strong and my breathing was nice and even (though the cold air certainly made itself known to my throat and lungs!). In fact, I think I probably could have run for much longer than usual tonight if I hadn't let my back get the better of me.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Strength Training, Zumba, Pilates
Thursday: --
Friday: Zumba

I realize that I teeter a fair amount. I either eat well and go to less classes, or I eat somewhat badly and go to more classes. After this segment of holiday madness, I'm keeping both aspects amped up :yes:.
Also, today my Dad ordered some 'Zumba Gear' for my Christmas present. I'm excited, even though they may be on the shelf briefly, like my motivational dress.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After a week of inactivity, I did my workout. Didn't loose poundage this week, but with Thankgiving and not doing anything, it's expected.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Went out for a 2 mile (25 minute) tonight, running alongside my cousin doing her W4D1 run. Not ideal, as she runs much faster than me during her runs and walks much slower than my 12.30 pace during her breaks. I had to stop halfway through tonight because of pain in my lower back. It stopped after a minute or so of walking, but every time I tried to run after that it was bothering me so I just stopped. I think it's a mixture of bad posture, spending most of my day sitting down and a weak core. I'll look up how to run with good posture tonight and go out for an early run in the morning to make up for it. Anyone got suggestions for exercises to strengthen my core muscles?

I'm happy to say that my legs felt strong and my breathing was nice and even (though the cold air certainly made itself known to my throat and lungs!). In fact, I think I probably could have run for much longer than usual tonight if I hadn't let my back get the better of me.
I've had lower back trouble for many years and have always been told that the stronger your abs are, the better it is for your back... so I definitely suggest some sort of sit ups that strengthen the abs.

I do my sit ups lying on my back with my feet off the floor and my knees/thighs vertical at a 90 degree angle with the floor.
I bring my elbows toward my knees and knees toward elbows.... hold for a second, then put my back down on the floor again.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah I figured my weak abs might have something to do with it :tongue:. I'll do sit-ups for sure. Is there any other exercises I can add to them to help strengthen everything up?

wolfy

awsm
[YOUTUBE="QuU-QRQsv0Y"]Hover[/YOUTUBE]

Looking past the kind of cheesy presentation. These two exercises are really good for your strengthening the torso if you have a bad back. One of the problems with sit ups is they work the hip flexors, the psoas major(one of the hip flexors) is connected to the spine and can sometimes make the back problem worse. If you do sit ups don't hook your feet. Focus mainly on hovers, leg raises and then sit ups. It'd be a good idea to work your upper back and stretch your chest as well.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Just went out for my run tonight. 2 miles in about 26-27 minutes. It snowed last night so this evening was very icy in places, but mostly snowy. There was something really amazing about being able to run in the snow, something very childlike and fun (and it helped that I had the streets to myself as all the sane people are tucked up in their homes cradling warm mugs of tea). I had a blast, I really did :).

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday: --
Sunday: Zumba

Drained during Zumba today. I'm either starting to get sick, just plain body-tired, or have absorbed too much tryptophan from 4 days of turkey :laugh:
No clue what I'll be doing tomorrow, if anything. Monday Zumba is good in itself, but the last times I went were too crowded.
[YOUTUBE="QuU-QRQsv0Y"]Hover[/YOUTUBE]

Looking past the kind of cheesy presentation. These two exercises are really good for your strengthening the torso if you have a bad back. One of the problems with sit ups is they work the hip flexors, the psoas major(one of the hip flexors) is connected to the spine and can sometimes make the back problem worse. If you do sit ups don't hook your feet. Focus mainly on hovers, leg raises and then sit ups. It'd be a good idea to work your upper back and stretch your chest as well.
Yay Plank. I've started doing those courtesy of Yoga and Pilates. Good stuff :yes:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my full body workout today.
Will do 30 minutes of aerobic later.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm feeling lazy today, so here's a copy&paste of the post I put on my blog a few minutes ago about tonight's workout:

2.2 miles - 28 minutes

The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that I skipped the Week 7 Day 3 workout of c25k and jumped to Week 8 Day 1. I figured if I could add an extra minute or two onto my W7D2 workout on Saturday, it’d be ok to skip a day today.

Things I love about running in the snow:

- Totally feels like I’m getting a much harder workout for the same pace.

- It’s much brighter outside at night so it’s way less foreboding.

- I pretty much have the streets all to myself, and I allow myself to imagine the walkers I pass looking at me thinking, “Wow, she’s hardcore. Or crazy”

- I put waaaaaay less pressure on myself. I tell myself before I go that it’s ok if I need to stop if the paths are in any way icy.

- I can keep myself amused by making mini snowmen in my hands as I run (THIS IS THE BEST PART)

Long may this winter wonderland-y weather continue! ^.^

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my full body workout today.
Will do 30 minutes of aerobic later.

I was lazy.
I only did 10 minutes aerobic,
but I ramped up the resistance a couple notches,
so I got my heart rate up to the upper 120's.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm lazy...and I feel lazy, and I don't really feel like doing situps. So I was inspired my cat and just ran and jumped like mad for about 20mins. Yeah, I looked like a dork, but I worked up a sweat.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: --
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: Circuit Training/Jogging, Folk Dance, Strength Training, Stairmaster, Zumba, Pilates

My ISTP convinced me to try the stairmaster briefly, which I was/am hesitant about due to my knees. It made them feel somewhat better, but I'm still iffy about it.
Otherwise, my body hurts :yes:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did my workout last night, my calves were still sore from Monday's frenzy.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I went out for a run today, but it's been snowing non-stop all week so I was plodding through at least 10 inches of snow. It was pretty much impossible to complete the entire 28 minutes so I decided to make it a 1 mile loop, which took 13 minutes. I'm happy enough with that, since I was running like I was in a Monty Python sketch :tongue: If only I had access to a treadmill... :(

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wasn't gonna do crap today.. but I was inspired by another thread and spent an hour trying to get down the c-walk. That was unexpectedly sweaty.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've lost 2.5 lbs since last Friday, that seems anomalous. Maybe I had a pound of thankgiving dinner in me when I weight last week. If not, I may have to get some more calories in me.