• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
^^ Holy crap, girl! That is a heckuva busy activity day!

Did a workout video yesterday and Zumba today.

I would really like to lose 10 lbs, but I seriously lack discipline for the eating end of things.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't formally workout last night, but I exerted the crap out of myself, and I believe that counts.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
^ Totally counts ;) :tongue:

Went for my Week 6 Day 2 run tonight, and it was really windy! I was running into the wind for much of the way, which did make it kind of difficult, but I feel really good now. I'm glad I went out because it was so rewarding. I'm looking forward to my 25 minute unbroken run on Saturday....Wish me luck! :D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba

So I can't find my good sports bra currently. Annd I found ym heart rate monitor after 2 weeks, but it wasn't registering that I'm alive and have a heartbeat :doh:.
Still.. good Zumba times.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ That makes 2 of us!

I have finally plateaued, as I've only managed to "lose" ~1 pound in the past 2 weeks. I will begin going back to the gym tomorrow, since I have some goals I gotta hit by the middle of next month. (I wish to be able to wear my suit again.)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I've only been able to loose .5lbs in the last two weeks. I'd be dissapointed, but I'm sure that I'm visibly slimmer, so I'm not stressing it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I mean, I go out for maybe a mile, and my foot cramps up terribly. I've been avoiding going out much for the past two weeks for this reason.

Wait a second. These two things might have a connection...

I mean I walk about 4 miles every day, but that's meaningless, that's nothing, that's not exercise at all. So no. Nothing. I do nothing.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: Zumba

Apparently my sports bra was spotted recently in the laundry room. However, it is still keen on evading my ninja sights.
Also, Wednesday has become a day where I will hardly be home all day. I'm tacking a 45min pilates on after the usual lineup :laugh:. I should do said pilates or strength training on Mondays/Tuesdays!
Everyone! There may be a new canine running partner in my near future.... :D
Pupsicle? o:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Pupsicle? o:

No, I'd never buy a pup from a breeder when there are millions put down every year in shelters for want of more space. We'll be getting a doggy (preferably a young one) from one of the many shelters in the city. We just need to sort out fencing in the back yard first :D

In other news, I tried going out for my 25 minute run the last 2 days in a row and failed half-way through for different reasons. I'm kinda annoyed about it, but I'll get up early tomorrow and do it then, even if it kills me :tongue:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ Get it done, you'll feel good after. :)

After work I was in the dumps, I think it's because of the onset of winter. I was fully expecting to boil some ramen and veg for the evening. I did the workout, and I'm feeling damn good. Even got a headstart on my cooking for tomorrow.

I did my normal stuff, my sidekicks are really shaping up. I started practicing front snap kicks; I wish I had actually put the time in on conditioning when I was actually in Hapkido.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I went out this evening for my third shot at Week 6 Day 3 - the 25 minute run - and I failed yet again. Made it to about 19 minutes before my legs stopped of their own accord. I walked for a few minutes before running again but I still didn't make it to the end. I'm really annoyed with myself now as I'm convinced it's an entirely mental battle at this point :steam:. What I think I might do is repeat Week 6 from the start. I'll go out for W6D1 tomorrow, Day 2 on Saturday and Day 3 on Monday. Hopefully repeating the week will let me move on because I'm frustrated with my 3rd failed run in a row.

EDIT: I just worked out on runningmap.com that I covered about 1.6 miles in 18 minutes, which I believe is just over a 5mph pace? Not a breakneck speed by any means but certainly pretty fast for me. If I slow it down in the next few runs I should be able to finish.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: --
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: Circuit Training, Folk Dance, Strength Training, Zumba, & Pilates.

My body is pleasantly sore :yes:. Pilates is.. frustrating. In part, I grumble at it. In part, I want to go back next week. My instructor said that an advanced pilates class would just make us mad and not come back, but how she does it is to get us a little mad at her, but only enough to make us inclined to come back and succeed. I like that.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've been doing a full-body workout 3 times a week, and this week I added 30 minutes of cardio every day.
I'm trying to get better, so I can go back to work.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thursday: --
Friday: Zumba
Saturday: Zumba Round 1, Zumba Round 2.

There's one instructor that I support specifically, albeit rarely. His Mother got him into Zumba over a year ago and he lost 100lbs and began teaching. She gave me my fourth Zumba bracelet today in his class. It isn't a competition, nor anything exceptional, but it feels good to know that there's some degree of praise from each side of our 'zumba relationship' lol.
I wish I had enough stamina to go more during the week, but I say that like it's not going to be four times in three days as of tomorrow :laugh:

Also-
Definitely going back to pilates on Wednesdays.
& going to attempt yoga on Monday or Tuesday. :yes:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ That is sweet.

I havent been reporting in... but I dropped 1.5 lbs from last week. Not bad.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Ran just over 3km today (1.94 miles) in 25 minutes, with about 8 of those minutes worth of uphill running. It was a difficult run tonight as I never really wanted to go in the first place, I never got 'in the zone' while I was out there and I never felt that sense of accomplishment after I finished. It wasn't a physical challenge so much as a mental one to not stop and give up.

Even though I finished my run I'm pretty disappointed.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
full body exercise program including weight lifting
20 minutes aerobic/cardio on the elliptical... got my heart rate up over 130 for at least 5 minutes

been doing that 3 times a week for a couple weeks now