• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Aside from normal activity, I have lifted weights regularly in the last week and went on a four hour hike on Saturday. :ninja:

Also, cleaning floors by hand for two hours works out some odd muscles.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Just back from my run for this evening - that's now 3 whole weeks of the programme done, so I'm 1/3 of the way there. Woot!

I've decided during my rest days from running to do the 200 sit ups and 100 pushups programmes. In 6 weeks they build you up from scratch to being able to do that many in one go. I need to work on my strength anyway, so I figure they're worth a shot.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
10 lunges yesterday.

I can barely walk.

I'm too sick to eat tonight. I'll eat something tomorrow.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I did some push-ups and sit-ups today, because I'm totally hardcore that way. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.... :tongue:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Walking, Folk Dance, & Zumba
Today: Random woods-walking and destroying/organizing foliage in the name of art.

Currently, I'm rocking a cold. I'm all sorts of congested, but powering through it as much as I can. Snotbabies will not stand in the way of my activity! I definitely tore up the sides of two fingers pulling up ruffage from the ground today, but I have these bandaids that cover most of each finger and they make me feel wicked :cool:
I've got a dentist appointment in under an hour. Overall, I'm pleased. I even went to olive garden today and avoided the rest of the menu so I could just get soup and salad. It was so beautiful :cry:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yoga today--I'm really torn. I really like the teacher who teaches on Wednesday (the class that alternates with Zumba). She's very chill and gives you the space to really listen to your body and settle into the poses. The Thursday teacher is loud and kind of barks instructions at you the whole time, like you're in yoga bootcamp or something. I still get a decent workout, but I'm tense the whole time, and really don't enjoy it. I hate to turn down a free yoga class, though. Decisions.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol I remember when I innocently joined this thread. I remember the means I was using weren't effective enough. Sooo I turned to severely restricting and developed an eating disorder ;) along with binging and purging. I did lose a bit of weight! (More accurately I dropped 2 dress/pant sizes within 2 weeks... from a pants size 3 to size 1). But then I went to therapy lol. I will no longer be auditioning to become a model. Silly niffer.

Actually I am still restricting to lose weight, but it's better than purging at least.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wednesday: Walking, Folk Dance, & Zumba
Today: Random woods-walking and destroying/organizing foliage in the name of art.

Currently, I'm rocking a cold. I'm all sorts of congested, but powering through it as much as I can. Snotbabies will not stand in the way of my activity! I definitely tore up the sides of two fingers pulling up ruffage from the ground today, but I have these bandaids that cover most of each finger and they make me feel wicked :cool:
I've got a dentist appointment in under an hour. Overall, I'm pleased. I even went to olive garden today and avoided the rest of the menu so I could just get soup and salad. It was so beautiful :cry:

Well played at the OG!

Don't be afraid to take it easy while you are sick. Your body needs rest and relaxation to fend off the cold. Exercise can sometimes delay your recovery time.

Yoga today--I'm really torn. I really like the teacher who teaches on Wednesday (the class that alternates with Zumba). She's very chill and gives you the space to really listen to your body and settle into the poses. The Thursday teacher is loud and kind of barks instructions at you the whole time, like you're in yoga bootcamp or something. I still get a decent workout, but I'm tense the whole time, and really don't enjoy it. I hate to turn down a free yoga class, though. Decisions.

Yoga is meant to help you get in tune with your body, and it sounds like the class is failing at that.

I wouldn't recommend going for much longer if you don't enjoy it. Eventually, you'll reach a frustration threshold, and I'd hate to see your other exercise progress get stiffled because of one bad class.

Lol I remember when I innocently joined this thread. I remember the means I was using weren't effective enough. Sooo I turned to severely restricting and developed an eating disorder ;) along with binging and purging. I did lose a bit of weight! (More accurately I dropped 2 dress/pant sizes within 2 weeks... from a pants size 3 to size 1). But then I went to therapy lol. I will no longer be auditioning to become a model. Silly niffer.

Actually I am still restricting to lose weight, but it's better than purging at least.

I'm glad you went and got the help that you needed. Good luck! Remember, in the end it's more important to be healthy than it is to be skinny. :)

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Kenpo today... I am getting good at this boxing thing... I wonder how it feels to be hit:shock:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I used to do Kenpo. It was kinda fun, but the club I joined focused waaaaaay too much on forms and cardio for my taste (all I wanted to do was slap on my gear and spar with people). There's a different club in my uni that might be more fun...

Anyway, I did Week 4 Day 1 of c25k today, and I'm totally pooped out now. I'm almost too tired to go shower (relax, I said almost! :tongue:). It was hard, but worth it.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yay!Good for you^

Kenpo X today! I am getting good at this boxing thing... ;)

Thanks and whats Kenpo like?

Any idea why exercising doesn't feel painful anymore?

Anyway, that's excellent Synapse. Don't you just love the energy boost that exercise can give us?

Yes because my adrenal fatigue is gone, the lines on my face are gone, my body is no longer in pain and there has been an energy shift in recent times that is hard to describe. It is more than just an anti-candida diet, though rationally that would explain my change, my energy has shifted and is better across the board. I'm now more open energetically, something I haven't been since a toddler which is interesting and in turn am more communicative.

As to energy, well I have to adjust first. I've been trying to do stretches to stop my back hurting, my left side in particular, the other day it popped right back so I thought and can do sit ups now without much pain (50 a day now) but its still there and this is annoying me now. I've tried to do various yoga style stretches and wakes up with a jolt to the left and this won't do for toning at all.

Also anyone know how I can strengthen my wrist muscles, am a bit light to the rest of me so when I do push ups. (45 a day now) my hands are sore.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thursday: --
Friday: Zumba - 90min

It was awesome last night. There was a bailando dance competition that I went and watched. Right after it, my favorite instructor had an 'Afterglow' event in the same room. Black light responsive clothing. Glow in the dark bracelets/necklaces. Zuuumbaaa. It looked awesome and was good fun.
Well played at the OG!

Don't be afraid to take it easy while you are sick. Your body needs rest and relaxation to fend off the cold. Exercise can sometimes delay your recovery time.
:D Thanks mister. Haha the scent of delicious pasta struck me on the way in, but I was strong!
I think I've been expelling my weight in clear nose-tasties, or not really- but that should prove a bit helpful! I did refrain from doing a double Zumba adventure last night. I might not have survived :ohmy:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm mainly secluding myself from the world this weekend and locking myself up. My apartment's temperature is jacked up to 80, and I make liberal use of my humidifier.

My cough is getting better, and I'm hoping the weekend rest will finish it off. Either way, I'm planning to begin lifting again on Monday.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can do 45 pushups, 45 squats and then with the 45 situps I had to use my elbows today. This new pain is just so wrong.
I'm doing 15*3 reps. But this jab to my left lower back is taking over, been trying all sorts of stretches, damn.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Thanks and whats Kenpo like?

It is really fun and you decide your own rhythm and how far you will go. In the beginning the kicks was a bit difficult for me, but now I get it. :D

Yoga today!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can do 45 pushups, 45 squats and then with the 45 situps I had to use my elbows today. This new pain is just so wrong.
I'm doing 15*3 reps. But this jab to my left lower back is taking over, been trying all sorts of stretches, damn.

Watch youtube videos on how to do all of the exercises, if you can. Especially squats. Improper form during squats can really do some damage, especially as you get into higher weights.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday: Zumba
Sunday: Zumba

Over the past few days, I've been putting my current weight loss and future goals into perspective. I'm glad I have been tracking these things and can assess the loss vs time. There are moments where I feel like I've not been doing enough or as though I haven't lost a good amount in a certain span of time, but having something solid to look back on and pinpoint the timeframes of has been relieving. :yes:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is ginormous, so I don't actually know if there's a contest going on, and I'm not planning on scanning back to see. But, I am going to participate. I just finished a weightloss contest at my work and I'm intending to get to a healthy BMI and I'm not there yet. The weightloss aspect probably has more to do with the diet side for me and not the exercise side.

So far my workout plan is the first to really work for me. I just do a bodyweight workout and throw in some excercises and stretches that I did while doing Hapkido. I've had two back surgeries so watching back strain and making sure my core muscles are taken care of is important.

I probably need to take a good look at what specific exercises I'm doing, but probably not right now.

EDIT:

Today I was really not in the mood to workout. So instead of doing nothing, I decided to do stuff that sounded fun/easy. I jumped rope for about 10 minutes, switching from left foot to right to both. I'm getting pretty fast, did 20 pushups, then later 10, 10, 5, 5. 40 situps. The I did some stance stepping patterns that I did back in Hapkido.