• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wanted to look better in clothes (and out of them. hehe), I wanted to be fitter, I wanted the freedom to be able to wear a fitted shirt or t-shirt without being insecure about man-boobage and my belly, I wanted to be able to engage in Parkour, I wanted to dance without being embarrassed about 'wobbly bits wobbling', I wanted the stamina to be able to withstand a long-haul flight (with multiple connections) without being totally wiped out at the end...

I love seeing and feeling the changes that occur. I like the seemingly boundless physical stamina I've got. I like that I can decide, on a whim, to move very heavy furniture, by myself, while barely breaking a sweat. I like being able to wear whatever I want to without being insecure about unwelcome 'bumps' here and there. Also, the compliments and appreciative looks certainly don't hurt either. :D

I never want to go back to what I was and still feel ashamed that I let myself get to that. I feel immense shame that I used to scoff stupid amounts of the worst forms of junk-food with nary a thought as to what I was doing to myself, shame that I'd sit on my ass all day at the office or at home and engage in absolutely no unnecessary movement, shame that I took solace in food and my novels (simultaneously) whenever I was down/stressed (the novels aren't the shameful part).

A lot of my motivation to live a healthy lifestyle (for it is an all-encompassing way of being) comes partially from my fear that I'd revert to what I was and mostly from my perfectionist tendencies. We have a saying in Swahili that goes "Unakula ngombe mzima na unabakisha mkia?" Roughly translated, it means "If you're going to embark on something, see it through till the end." (how J). I've decided to live healthy and I'm going to go the whole hog, so help me God.

What an awesome answer - thank you for taking the time to write it out.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm going to go ahead an guess that, if recovery is actually important, I should probably skip yoga tomorrow.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to go ahead an guess that, if recovery is actually important, I should probably skip yoga tomorrow.

Two more ibuprofen and some more sobbing.

If it's hurting that much, you should really go see a doctor, Hap. If you are crying from pain, it's likely you are doing something wrong and perhaps making things worse.

At the very least, get medical assistance for creating a workout routine that works for you.

G

Glycerine

I TOTALLY agree with Udog. Soreness=good but a lot of pain=bad. From skimming what you have written in this thread, you seem to overwork yourself. If that's true, then it's more of a detriment than a benefit. Exercise and physical activity should not be excruciating.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If it's hurting that much, you should really go see a doctor, Hap. If you are crying from pain, it's likely you are doing something wrong and perhaps making things worse.

At the very least, get medical assistance for creating a workout routine that works for you.

I'll just take four ibuprofen tomorrow morning and muddle through.

I just have trouble walking in a straight line, it's no big deal. I've come up with a cute nickname for it -- "drunken leg syndrome."

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't get it.

Pain is a 2 or 3, yet it's woken me up twice in the middle of the night so far...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The diet program introduced a few new interesting ideas over the past month.

1. Eat 4 or more meals a day. Eat a meal every 2-4 hours.
2. Practice the art of Hara Hachi Bu. Basically, that means eating until you are 80% full.

The idea is this: If you are starving after 2-3 hours, you didn't eat enough at your last meal (or ate the wrong thing). If you are still stuffed after 3-4 hours, you ate too much.

The ideal is to become quite hungry, but not entirely ravenous, sometime in the 2-4 time span after each meal.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
The diet program introduced a few new interesting ideas over the past month.

1. Eat 4 or more meals a day. Eat a meal every 2-4 hours.
2. Practice the art of Hara Hachi Bu. Basically, that means eating until you are 80% full.

The idea is this: If you are starving after 2-3 hours, you didn't eat enough at your last meal (or ate the wrong thing). If you are still stuffed after 3-4 hours, you ate too much.

The ideal is to become quite hungry, but not entirely ravenous, sometime in the 2-4 time span after each meal.

This really works for me when I can get myself into the habit.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've been slacking in this thread, especially since my dentist appointment was canceled

Wednesday: Zumba
Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba
Sunday: Zumba
Monday: --
Tuesday: --
Today: Powerwalk, International Folk Dance, Zumba

I'm hoping that seeing the gaps in my exercise will push me to do another form of cardio or strength training. :yes:
Today, I did somewhat worse in applied modern health, but I didn't overexert myself. My resting heart rate hangs at like 90. Apart from needing to lose weight, I'm contemplating getting a checkup for that specifically.

Side note- International Folk Dance is awesome :laugh:. Initially, I had to help the men in the class out a lot, but today they were improved and helping me on some dances! I'm so glad this is a college course :D.

- Another silly, good note. I still suck at parking my car, so I tend to park far away in lots. At school, I always park at the very beginning of the lot, even if I have to walk to the completely opposite end half of the time. I think that's been helpful so far.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This really works for me when I can get myself into the habit.

Heh. That's always the hard part, isn't it? *grumbles* Stupid reality

I'm hoping that seeing the gaps in my exercise will push me to do another form of cardio or strength training. :yes:
Today, I did somewhat worse in applied modern health, but I didn't overexert myself. My resting heart rate hangs at like 90. Apart from needing to lose weight, I'm contemplating getting a checkup for that specifically.

Side note- International Folk Dance is awesome :laugh:. Initially, I had to help the men in the class out a lot, but today they were improved and helping me on some dances! I'm so glad this is a college course :D.

- Another silly, good note. I still suck at parking my car, so I tend to park far away in lots. At school, I always park at the very beginning of the lot, even if I have to walk to the completely opposite end half of the time. I think that's been helpful so far.

Man, I wish I would have thought to take more "fun" courses while I was at college. I saved weight lifting for the very last, and only took tennis and racquetball. I sort of wish I would have pushed myself out of my comfort zone more.

That all sounds (mostly) awesome though. If that's a slack week, I look forward to hearing about your challenging ones!

why does it hurt most the 3rd day?

That's pretty common, especially when you first start working out. Click here for more info: Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did that for a couple of months - then admittedly slacked.

What do you think of it?

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I did that for a couple of months - then admittedly slacked.

Why?

Well, so far I am incredibly sore! But I keep going :workout:

I work out with my boyfriend so we motivate each other :) But i believe it is week two that is going to be worst...

I hope the Yoga will help my sore body. I have not felt my abs as much as I am when doing the abs ripper x. :cry: - but hopefully the result will please me :cheese:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That's pretty common, especially when you first start working out. Click here for more info: Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

I've heard if it's the third day you're doing something wrong.

I woke up feeling like an old person with creaky knees. Still feel like an old person, really. Fuck, I'm turning into an old person!

I hope the Yoga will help my sore body. I have not felt my abs as much as I am when doing the abs ripper x. :cry: - but hopefully the result will please me :cheese:

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree. Yoga will make it worse.

Or maybe not. Yoga is kind of like crack. You feel fine while doing it, the rest of your life just becomes a horrible dark abyss, to the point where it becomes a physiological addiction.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Yoga a physiological addiction? :shock:

Glad it is only one day a week then