• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ummm...I started working out with a trainer who specializes in 30 minute 'high intensity' cross fit inspired weight work outs. First I did it 3x a week and now 4x. After these, I do 1 hour of cardio (power walking) on the treadmill. The goal starting this week is to hit the gym or do a light work out everyday I'm not having a training session. (So far so good, I made it to the gym for a 45 minute cardio session and walked 1 mile outside)

My diet could use improvement. I only eat 2x a day normally and often skip breakfast (bad, I know!) So I've started making myself eat oatmeal and some coffee within 40 minutes of waking up. Even if I don't feel hungry, I'll try to eat something 'healthy' as all the working out is making my appetite and energy levels wonky.

I have not lost any weight.

In fact, I have GAINED weight. I hope it's mostly muscle. :laugh: My arms are getting defined. I think my thighs are getting bigger. My clothes do NOT fit looser, in fact, the opposite - I am busting out of jeans that used to be loose on me (2 years ago, 1 year ago, 4 months ago :thelook:) My body shape is being changed, just not in the way I had anticipated :laugh: Also, disturbing to me is my stomach is strangely NOT flat, but it's been like that for a while. Even when I have been heavier, my stomach is naturally pretty flat. I blame this on age. DAMN YOU HORMONES!!!

My trainer said since I already did the work of losing about ~25 lbs a few years ago and have now plateaued, I need to focus on changing my body composition and getting stronger, not necessarily on weight. She rec'd losing 1/2 a lb a week. But that is So. Little. So. Slow.

My goal is basically to look hot in clothes. :D And to be able to wear EVERYTHING I want. It makes shopping SOOOOOOOO much easier. And more fun.

D

Dali

My very own cheerleader. :D Thanks, Mom.

My goal is basically to look hot in clothes. :D And to be able to wear EVERYTHING I want. It makes shopping SOOOOOOOO much easier. And more fun.

Heck yeah!

I have a similar goal (although it's a bit of a bonus for me rather than my main goal which is fitness).

My height obscures A LOT. I remember, when I first got intimate with my SO, they commented on my being more fleshy than I looked. I can get away with most clothes but, dammit, I wanna look good in everything (and naked) too. :D

A little late but congrats on losing those 25Ibs. (does mental calculation.... hmmm.... over 10kgs... WOW!)

D

Dali

I have these fitted white trousers I bought 2 months ago. I bought them to spur myself into losing weight. They were REALLY tight on me and I've never worn them. Last night, I tried them on and they were pretty slack. I had to wear a belt to hold them up.

Sweet!

I hope this weightloss/toning doesn't plateau at some point. But then again, when that happens, it will be my cue to join a gym and begin on the strength training/body sculpting.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I have these fitted white trousers I bought 2 months ago. I bought them to spur myself into losing weight. They were REALLY tight on me and I've never worn them. Last night, I tried them on and they were pretty slack. I had to wear a belt to hold them up.

Sweet!

I hope this weightloss/toning doesn't plateau at some point. But then again, when that happens, it will be my cue to join a gym and begin on the strength training/body sculpting.

You will always plateau. How long it takes before you do, and what is needed to move past it depends on age, genetics, etc.

D

Dali

When that happens, I know who to come to for protips. BIG guns, bro! :D

Today, I did another five miles. I wasn't too exhausted by the end of it. Though how much of that is attributable to increased stamina, and how much to the endorphin high (feels bloody awesome), I don't know. Qui vivra verra. I think its time to add another two or three miles.

D

Dali

I may be taking this healthy eating thing a little too far.

Just realised I'm taking in less than 800 calories a day (while exercising every day). I would previously ingest between 4 to 6 times that amount. Time to call my nutritionist pal for tips...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I may be taking this healthy eating thing a little too far.

Just realised I'm taking in less than 800 calories a day (while exercising every day). I would previously ingest between 4 to 6 times that amount. Time to call my nutritionist pal for tips...

:horor:

Yeah, 800 calories is low, even without exercise. Good luck with your nutritionist friend - that sounds like a great idea!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Bench pressed a box of books. I'm wondering if I can convince mom not to sell these.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ :rofl1:

Hap - have been meaning to ask you this, are you anemic, by any chance? Some of your symptoms fit the description - esp the feeling dizzy. Get your iron levels checked. Just a general blood test would be good.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
^ :rofl1:

Hap - have been meaning to ask you this, are you anemic, by any chance? Some of your symptoms fit the description - esp the feeling dizzy. Get your iron levels checked. Just a general blood test would be good.

No blood tests, they make the dizziness a thousand times worse.

Is mucus supposed to bubble out of your mouth in copious amounts when you run? Are you supposed to sound like a discarded squeaky-toy?

D

Dali

^ Haha, sounds like the 'old me'. How long have you been running (regularly)?

Udog, I wasn't able to get in touch with her. :( Anyway, I'm doing some online research and intend to come up with an adequate meal plan.

Incidentally, I never thought the day would come when I would be actually counting calories. Now, I read the little chart on every single meal item I buy. LOL

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
^ Haha, sounds like the 'old me'. How long have you been running (regularly)?

Never.

I hate running. It's absolutely traumatizing. After about 15 minutes of walking after maybe .2 miles I wasn't able to get my breathing to relax. My chest still hurts, it's getting worse thinking about it. It's sandpaper rubbing against sandpaper in my lungs now. I managed to evacuate anything that might lube it. I never ever ever ever want to do it again oh please don't make me do it again

D

Dali

Hap, you got to push past the pain if you want results. It eventually gets easier once your stamina rises (one MUST be consistent).

That said, if I were you, I would also take Ergophobe's advice on getting a blood test.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hap, you got to push past the pain if you want results. It eventually gets easier once your stamina rises (one MUST be consistent).

That said, if I were you, I would also take Ergophobe's advice on getting a blood test.

No this hurts far too much oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God... I'm shaking and it happened twelve hours ago...

It's been what, twelve hours and I still can't breathe. I must be a zombie.

I tried to slow down my breathing I REALLY TRIED but it DIDN'T WORK because it couldn't and everything was bubbling up and oh God...