• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Nah, I'm half Hong Kong Chinese. And thank you, but it takes effort as you can tell lol.

edit: Maybe I shouldn't keep a log of my progress after all. Every time I've tried, I always become self-satisfied when I read it and slack off. Today after I wrote this I ate a bunch of cookies and didn't go to yoga after all, using my depression as an excuse. In reality if I'd not slacked off in the first place, I wouldn't be quite as down as I am now. I'll post when I reach my midway goal of 125 lbs.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
4 miles today. Really tired me out.

I'm going to blame that on being sick for a month...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did most of my exercise routine this morning. I woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I figured I might as well.

D

Dali

Regardless of my external physical condition (semi-fat to skinny to average.... it changes, of it's own accord, every year or two), I've ALWAYS been extremely limber and agile. It sank in, 1.5 years ago, after I just about died from exertion trying to scale a wall, that I was now officially physically unfit.

24yo, 6'4", and 86kgs (190 Ibs?) of lanky, skinny-fat bookworm.

That is going to change (Insha'Allah).

Tomorrow, I begin my physical transformation.

I'll post before and after pics once the after occurs.

SPARTAAA!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Excellent!

I'm going to start back up first week of next month. I'm taking an extra day off this upcoming weekend, and will be planning my diet and exercise routine this week. Unless something major happens to me, the summer challenge will begin just in time for summer - June 21st.

D

Dali

I can't join a gym at the moment (long story) so I've decided to start up with aerobic exercises for the first two months. Ideally, I'd be jogging. Unfortunately, my bum right knee seems to have put paid to that. I shall instead be fast-walking and swimming. An hour of each activity per day. Today, I started off with fast-walking. By the hour's end, I was a bit winded but not as exhausted as I thought I'd be.

After wards, I had two bananas and half a litre of water.

Heh. I'm only 24 yet my exercise regime reads like a senior citizen's.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Finally back home after about six weeks of on and off travel. Exhausted but looking forward to getting back on track with eating well and staying strong and healthy.

Starting today, I'm tracking my food again and exercise on a daily basis. I also have a new goal for the next six months (losing a lb a week). Whenever the summer challenge starts, I'm in. In the meantime, I'll use this space as an accountability mechanism.

Thanks y'all,
Ergophone

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^It's basically all about getting more oxygen to your body. (This is why you pant when you run, etc.)

It's a simple process of going in your nose and out your mouth (so you spend longer inhaling than exhaling) and steadying yourself. You can sometimes feel a bit lightheaded from it, so I'd suggest warming yourself up to it before you go to bed.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How come I've been told constantly to spend longer exhaling than inhaling?

I get very lightheaded...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we were always told to breathe in through our noses and out through our mouths while running... if that's any help :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I do not think I have ever been so tired after a 1.5 mile walk.

It's all gone, and then some. In a week.

I'll end up with a heart attack in two weeks at this rate. If I stop posting, you'll know what happened.

D

Dali

we were always told to breathe in through our noses and out through our mouths while running... if that's any help :)

Did that today as I was climbing 16 flights of stairs. Usually, Im all but dead by the time I get to the top. It was much easier today. Awesome, :D

I do not think I have ever been so tired after a 1.5 mile walk.

It's all gone, and then some. In a week.

I'll end up with a heart attack in two weeks at this rate. If I stop posting, you'll know what happened.

Your endurance levels will rise. Keep at it without fail. I started walking last week. The first few days were murder. Today, by the time I was done, I felt like I could easily walk another 5 miles.

Last edited:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Your endurance levels will rise. Keep at it without fail. I started walking last week. The first few days were murder. Today, by the time I was done, I felt like I could easily walk another 5 miles.

Nothing goes to infinity in a week.

No, the only explanation is I'm dying. I can feel it.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hap - how are you doing? I hope you meant dying in the way we're all doing, slowly, v-e-r-y slowly, I hope :D

Peeps - I did good with exercise last week. Basically cleaned my townhome top to bottom, carrying tons of stuff up and down a long flight of stairs. Now I am setting up my office and starting proper cardio tomorrow.

On eating - went off with tracking a few days but am back on track now with Weightwatchers. This is a new week with new promise.

Will report on progress at the end of the week,
E

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hap - how are you doing? I hope you meant dying in the way we're all doing, slowly, v-e-r-y slowly, I hope :D

Peeps - I did good with exercise last week. Basically cleaned my townhome top to bottom, carrying tons of stuff up and down a long flight of stairs. Now I am setting up my office and starting proper cardio tomorrow.

On eating - went off with tracking a few days but am back on track now with Weightwatchers. This is a new week with new promise.

Will report on progress at the end of the week,
E

Maybe, I don't know. Considering I'm sweating before I even step outside for a short walk, it's getting hard to tell.

I'm thinking of doing bentos again, even though school's out. Eating is hard, it's easier when you can portion out half-plant half-not.