• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's fantastic! so how much have you been able to lose so far? It takes alot of work. lol. I have been spending an hour at the gym 3-5 days a week since xmas, and making food every other day... What type of program are you primarily doing?

16.6 lbs lost and 2.5% fat. I'm using a website program called Men's Health Personal Trainer. It's perfect for somebody like me that has trouble remembering or sticking to any sort of regimen. Everything is spelled out simply and it's very flexible. You select a meal plan and workout plan, and it basically gives you a daily prescription for both. You can substitute foods and exercises, and they work in tandem with each other to regulate the calories and weight loss. See my posts from earlier in this topic for more specifics on the workouts I'm doing.

They just added a few new workout plans to the program so I'm thinking about switching to one of the new ones the next time it makes me do a "phase switch" which should be coming up in a week or two i think.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:D!! Awesome for stickin' with it Jeff! Today I go enlist for my gym membership with my mom.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I got our memberships today. I went running after watching a highly motivating video. Its soo hot in our house right now.. XD

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I got our memberships today. I went running after watching a highly motivating video. Its soo hot in our house right now.. XD

It's always hot in your house when you're there. :devil:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Still being sick.

Any tips on how to stay hydrated? Apparently I'm failing at it badly.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If water isn't working sports drinks are good for that.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I didn't feel like exercising on Saturday morning but...

Here's what I did...

5 minute warm-up

with stretch band...
lat pull-downs
chest press
rotator cuff

with 3 & 5 lb. hand weights...
side bends
rear deltoids
long lever... medial deltoids... shoulders
triceps
biceps
wrist curls... up & down

standing leg work... weight bearing... ankle weights...
thighs: knee extensions
hip flex
leg raises
hamstrings
glutes
inner & outer thighs
calf raises

abs & core...
ab crunches
obliques

That is one of my regular routines.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I want to start doing this, I don't have a GYM anymore but I do have my own body weight, two feet, a tree, and a few boulders. When can I start?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Thats more than enough to get started JT :D Welcome aboard!!

Hap - I usually do a 2-1 ratio of sport-like drinks to water. 2 servings of water later, I should drink something that has stuff in it.. then rinse, repeat.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to start doing this, I don't have a GYM anymore but I do have my own body weight, two feet, a tree, and a few boulders. When can I start?

I figure I'll get around doing another thread early May. I hope to see you there!

In addition to those things, add a 1 gallon milk jug or two where you can add varying amounts of water to adjust the weight. The jugs can be used for curls and to add weight during various leg exercises. Alternatively, just buy some dumbbells or some adjustable weight dumbbells if you got the money to throw around.

Oh, and may I recommend one of these for pull up variations?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still being sick.

Any tips on how to stay hydrated? Apparently I'm failing at it badly.

How much are you drinking now? Why not just drink more? :D

You definitely want to drink a glass of water (or green tea) first thing in the morning, as that's when you are most dehydrated. Milk isn't going to fully cut it here, although you can drink some of that too if you want.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Put on 3 lbs on my vacation but still 12lb better than where I started. Now 8lb to be back to target weight!

Planning a weekend hiking this one coming which should help.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How much are you drinking now? Why not just drink more? :D

You definitely want to drink a glass of water (or green tea) first thing in the morning, as that's when you are most dehydrated. Milk isn't going to fully cut it here, although you can drink some of that too if you want.

I am bad at remembering to drink/eat/sleep when I'm sick. So pretty much, I'm hopeless. I was going to set a timer to make sure I remembered, but then I forgot about that, too.

On Monday I walked home with stretching before and it was fine. I don't think I realized how stiff I got from sitting at school all day. Tuesday I had an appointment so I couldn't walk home. Today, I probably won't, because my side is hurting too much from coughing.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A timer is a good idea. Just keep on at it until you remember. That, and ask someone (or several someones) to remind you.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ Awesome, and thanks for the feedback. The color is currently set at green, and I'm not seeing any reason to change it.

I'm going to disappear from the forums for a couple of weeks, but I'll be back in time to announce the Summer challenge. Happy exercising!

Green is good; symbolizes growth and new beginnings.

When you start the new thread I would like to participate to keep myself motivated towards consistency and to be accountable. But I am starting today with measurements and a tentative plan.

Have picked up about 10 extra lbs since we moved to the US. Would like to dump them before summer. And then maintain better fitness overall. I have been inconsistent, understandable I guess, but still I need to remake a routine for myself.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Slowly trying to get back into it.

I'm going out on (what could generously be called) a 3 mile trundle, around my block. :D

We'll see how it goes. :yes:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
PT has been gradually getting harder. It's now far along enough to betray how out of shape I am. :D This pleases me, though. It's good to be able to challenge myself again, and will likely encourage me to get back into it again.

I'll be getting my discharge routines in the next couple of weeks as well. My hips haven't clicked in over a month. ...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from the walk/jog...

Boy am I out of shape. The silver lining to this cloud however, is that when first getting back to training, I drop weight crazy fast. :yes:

Until I plateau that is.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I figure I'll get around doing another thread early May. I hope to see you there!

In addition to those things, add a 1 gallon milk jug or two where you can add varying amounts of water to adjust the weight. The jugs can be used for curls and to add weight during various leg exercises. Alternatively, just buy some dumbbells or some adjustable weight dumbbells if you got the money to throw around.

Oh, and may I recommend one of these for pull up variations?

Yeah I was thinking of buying a kettlebell, but I don't know a all around good weight. I don't want to be buying like 5 different ones you know?

The Iron Gym looks cool, but I do pullups on the tree in my front yard.