• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, today marked my 8th day following the "Personal Trainer" program, and the second time that I did the full strength workout.

As I said last time, it starts with a "cardio warmup", and a few non-weight exercises - knee tucks, crunches, and ground back extensions.

I got two dumbbells on Sunday and did the first weight workout that day and this evening just now was the 2nd time. I didn't do as much weight as they said to, but I know my body well enough to know I couldn't handle that much yet, didn't want to start by hurting myself. I noticed after I entered what I did the first time, it decreased the weight planned (although not down to what I have) and also decreased the reps from 15 to 12.

The weight parts include: Partial Dumbbell Squats, Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Lunges, Dumbbell Pullovers, Seated Dumbbell Press, One-Arm Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows, Dumbbell Upright Rows, Lateral Dumbbell Raises, One-Arm Dumbbell Extensions, Concentration Curls, and Seated Dumbbell Calf Raises. (12 of each except for the one-arm ones which are 12 with each arm. 1 minute of rest in between each one.)

Then it's cool-down stretches and then I collapse here and drink lots of water.

There, next time I can just say "I did the strength workout" and you can refer to this post for details. ;)

On the non-weight days, I have gotten in a few brisk walks and the "cardio warmup" and "cooldown" stuff. One day when it recommended outdoor running, I raced Morgan from the car to our apartment stairs. I counted that as one minute of running for my report. ;) Yesterday, it said 30 minutes of speedwalking, but what I did was walk from my office to Midas to pick up my car which took about 15 minutes at a brisk pace. I'm not good at estimating distances but I put it down as a third of a mile. It might have been more than that though i really don't know.

Friday evening I went shopping for most of the foods on the "testosterone advantage" plan, and I would say I have followed it loosely, but it has been a good guide. My questions after one week on that plan are "Why is one meal 100 percent diet compliant one day and 0 percent another day?" and "Who the hell eats 2 cups of cottage cheese by itself in one sitting?" :shocking:

Uh..happy fitness! Or something. :cool:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
^ Yes! I really don't like eating cottage cheese plain either but it seems to be a staple fitness diet food. /gross face here

I have a delicious recipe for chocolate pudding I could share which uses 2c cottage cheese. You bake it with any flavor of instant pudding - so you can have butterscotch or cheesecake flavor. Delicious.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ Yes! I really don't like eating cottage cheese plain either but it seems to be a staple fitness diet food. /gross face here

Yeah, the first time cottage cheese was on the meal plan, I managed to eat about a fourth of a cup but I had to mix in some crackers too. The other times I've just substituted something else. Cottage cheese is alright in small portions, but heaping bowlfuls is just ridiculous.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, the first time cottage cheese was on the meal plan, I managed to eat about a fourth of a cup but I had to mix in some crackers too. The other times I've just substituted something else. Cottage cheese is alright in small portions, but heaping bowlfuls is just ridiculous.
Here's a page where other people discuss what they do to tolerate cottage cheese
including one very popular trick... to add Splenda, cinnamon and vanilla extract!
I need a cottage cheese substitute... [Archive] - John Stone Fitness Forums

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Day 2 week 2 complete for push ups, sit ups, and squats.

I did things a little different today. I worked out to the entire dance DVD (instead of the three above, doing one routine, switching DVDs, another.) I decided to keep my heart rate up this time with the entire dance DVD. I thought my obliques were on fire halfway through, but it was good stuff. The push ups, and sit ups were definitely more difficult with the workout beforehand.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
They called today and offered me the job as a Technical Clerk!
I start in a couple weeks.
My supervisor is going to be a woman who my husband used to refer to as "Sunshine Sue"!
The pay and benefits are excellent.
They said they interviewed 16 people, but I was one of the "outstanding" candidates! :static:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My supervisor is going to be a woman who my husband used to refer to as "Sunshine Sue"!
They said they interviewed 16 people, but I was one of the "outstanding" candidates! :static:

Yay! :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally succumbed to sickness today. Perhaps it's just an allergy attack. Either way, I left work early and just woke up from a 6 hour nap, and already my nose is draining again.

Okay, today marked my 8th day following the "Personal Trainer" program, and the second time that I did the full strength workout.

The weight parts include: Partial Dumbbell Squats, Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Lunges, Dumbbell Pullovers, Seated Dumbbell Press, One-Arm Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows, Dumbbell Upright Rows, Lateral Dumbbell Raises, One-Arm Dumbbell Extensions, Concentration Curls, and Seated Dumbbell Calf Raises. (12 of each except for the one-arm ones which are 12 with each arm. 1 minute of rest in between each one.)

Then it's cool-down stretches and then I collapse here and drink lots of water.

There, next time I can just say "I did the strength workout" and you can refer to this post for details. ;)

Hah! That's a pretty solid workout - I think "collapse" is a suitable conclusion to it. :D Thank you again for the in depth report.

On the non-weight days, I have gotten in a few brisk walks and the "cardio warmup" and "cooldown" stuff. One day when it recommended outdoor running, I raced Morgan from the car to our apartment stairs. I counted that as one minute of running for my report. ;) Yesterday, it said 30 minutes of speedwalking, but what I did was walk from my office to Midas to pick up my car which took about 15 minutes at a brisk pace. I'm not good at estimating distances but I put it down as a third of a mile. It might have been more than that though i really don't know.

15 minutes of a brisk pace... hmm... I'd say 1/2 mile is reasonable.

I do like how the workout has you doing active stuff even on the non-resistance days. Lots of workout programs neglect that.

Friday evening I went shopping for most of the foods on the "testosterone advantage" plan, and I would say I have followed it loosely, but it has been a good guide. My questions after one week on that plan are "Why is one meal 100 percent diet compliant one day and 0 percent another day?" and "Who the hell eats 2 cups of cottage cheese by itself in one sitting?" :shocking:

Uh..happy fitness! Or something. :cool:

Indeed! I love cottage cheese, and I still can't handle more than 1 cup at a time. I like to eat it with an apple.

The funny part is, I don't even consider cottage cheese to be a super food or anything. It's just a low fat, convenient source of protein that for whatever reason took off in popularity.

Thanks again for the awesome update, Jeffster!

Day 2 week 2 complete for push ups, sit ups, and squats.

I did things a little different today. I worked out to the entire dance DVD (instead of the three above, doing one routine, switching DVDs, another.) I decided to keep my heart rate up this time with the entire dance DVD. I thought my obliques were on fire halfway through, but it was good stuff. The push ups, and sit ups were definitely more difficult with the workout beforehand.

Nice. Way to push yourself harder. Are you still playing the Wii at all, or have you moved on?

Congrats - that's wonderful news! :hug:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^Isn't working how?

Workout 3: Check. 50 minutes on the elliptical. Was trying to go to kickboxing class this morning but there was SO much frigging snow on my car and no scraper that I had to go back in after trying to defrost the window for 10-15 minutes. :d'oh: I know, I'm an embarrassment to the parts of the country that experience snow regularly.

The snow is so beautiful and I really love the crisp winter air it brings with it. :smile:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been walking, I guess. I went to the zoo today.

I think there's something wrong with my brain though.

Walking may not be enough of a workout to cause the endorphin rush that's often associated with the post-workout glow.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Walking may not be enough of a workout to cause the endorphin rush that's often associated with the post-workout glow.

If I've stopped working out for a while is this that crash? Or is this something else?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If I've stopped working out for a while is this that crash? Or is this something else?

Maybe your body is used to walking now and needs more for that endorphin rush, as Udog mentioned. Try running for a minute and a half at a time in between walking spurts, or sprint for a short distance, dance around at home, just to mix things up and see how you feel...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well, you said "I've been walking, I guess." Which doesn't sound like you are pushing yourself as much as you had been. (I may be wrong, though.)

To get the mental benefits of exercise, you gotta push yourself a bit more. Enough to tire yourself out so you sleep better, force your cardiovascular system to become more efficient, and make your cells create mitochondria in response to the increased energy demands.

Also, the short days of winter + the snow may be knocking your mood down a bit.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, you said "I've been walking, I guess." Which doesn't sound like you are pushing yourself as much as you had been. (I may be wrong, though.)

To get the mental benefits of exercise, you gotta push yourself a bit more. Enough to tire yourself out so you sleep better, force your cardiovascular system to become more efficient, and make your cells create mitochondria in response to the increased energy demands.

Also, the short days of winter + the snow may be knocking your mood down a bit.

I don't think this is knocking down my mood "a bit".

The streets are icy. I'm afraid to run outside.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think this is knocking down my mood "a bit".

The streets are icy. I'm afraid to run outside.

Sorry to hear that. :( I certainly don't recommend running in icy streets. I'm just saying that you may not be doing enough to get the positive mental benefits of exercise right now.

Are you still doing your indoors workout routine, and increasing the numbers? If not, that's fine. However, it may help you get back on track while the weather is keeping you to your home.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sorry to hear that. :( I certainly don't recommend running in icy streets. I'm just saying that you may not be doing enough to get the positive mental benefits of exercise right now.

Are you still doing your indoors workout routine, and increasing the numbers? If not, that's fine. However, it may help you get back on track while the weather is keeping you to your home.

I was more asking if this was a crash.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was more asking if this was a crash.

Perhaps - I don't really have all the info to say with confidence. Although I'd guess if it is, it's more because of a variety of factors vs just working out less.