• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Still going. Mostly walking, some strength training. Still more Coke than there should be. I read somewhere today that the odds of me getting pancreatic cancer from it are quite high. I need to quit...

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I put on some pants today that were too tight to even put on last month- I couldn't even zip them up and I can now take them off without unzipping they are that loose!
I am so excited!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :smile::smile: Have you started shopping for clothes just for fun? (trying on stuff just to see how great you look in it, even if you can't afford it)

---

Oh man, that chocolate molten lava cake and whole foods pizza was totally worth it this weekend. (says she 3 lbs later.)

lol. Ah. I luuuuvvv chocolate. Clothes are still fitting better than ever. I think this circuit weight routine I started last week is making a difference, even if it's a pain doing so many different exercises each day. Better be super good to keep on track this week! :newwink:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my new exercise routine again today. It went better now that I'm getting the hang of it.
warm-up, 12 exercises, 12 stretches
plus I added some weight lifting for the biceps and triceps, and crunches for the abs and obliques

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Start of a new week with a resolution to make 4!
Monday: Yoga class.
Was hard. Eeks - just highlighted how stiff my body has become and such terrible balance. It's a wonder I don't just topple over regularly. :doh:
Next week, I'm thinking I'll do Kickboxing before yoga. It'll be a good start to the week and good use of a low intensity day (2 classes in one day kapow!)

Goals:
Wednesday, Friday and Sat/Sunday

I'm also back on tracking food. Doing better. :yes:

Thanks for the encouragement and the company, peeps!

Good luck. :) Edit: Yeah, Yoga kicked my butt, too. All that means is that you are doing the right thing, though!

Did a new class last night and my only problem was it was too short! Gonna book in to do more of them and less of the other stuff I've been doing as I haven't been getting the intensity or results I want.

Are you talking about the higher intensity pilates class, or have you joined a new class?

Here is my report-

Feb 1st to today Feb 8th
I have exercised 8 days 1 hour on the treadmill and 100 situps each day!
I am sooo excited. I haven't even been sore- I am finally at a point where it doesn't wear me out so much but instead makes me feel more energized!

I put on some pants today that were too tight to even put on last month- I couldn't even zip them up and I can now take them off without unzipping they are that loose!

Don't worry I am eating really healthy- just counting calories but making sure to eat well and balanced.

Ahhhhh
I am so excited!!!!!!!

That's awesome news!!! Good job with the hard work and dedication, I'm so happy that it's paying off for you. :)

Still going. Mostly walking, some strength training. Still more Coke than there should be. I read somewhere today that the odds of me getting pancreatic cancer from it are quite high. I need to quit...

Have you tried buying the smaller bottles, so that when you do drink it, you drink less? Soda is alot of empty calories as well... so perhaps it would be motivating to remember that you may very well start losing weight just by quitting the soda and leaving everything else the same.

Oh man, that chocolate molten lava cake and whole foods pizza was totally worth it this weekend. (says she 3 lbs later.)

lol. Ah. I luuuuvvv chocolate. Clothes are still fitting better than ever. I think this circuit weight routine I started last week is making a difference, even if it's a pain doing so many different exercises each day. Better be super good to keep on track this week! :newwink:

I bet you are burning alot of calories on the circuit, though. You deserved a bit of a cheat this weekend!

Did my new exercise routine again today. It went better now that I'm getting the hang of it.
warm-up, 12 exercises, 12 stretches
plus I added some weight lifting for the biceps and triceps, and crunches for the abs and obliques

That sounds quite impressive. Good job, and thank you for posting. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to physical therapy. I also managed to eat a mostly healthy breakfast, healthy lunch... and we won't talk about dinner, okay?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haven't been posting routinely, as some of you may have noticed. Have been exercising correct number of days (4 minimum, but normally 5 unless sick).

Busting out the hardcore badass crunches and more push ups. Oh, and lunges. I felt weird walking down my stairs today after doing them hahaha

Anyways, here is the end of my report.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haven't been posting routinely, as some of you may have noticed. Have been exercising correct number of days (4 minimum, but normally 5 unless sick).

Busting out the hardcore badass crunches and more push ups. Oh, and lunges. I felt weird walking down my stairs today after doing them hahaha

Anyways, here is the end of my report.

And here is the beginning of my reply.

Great job with making it more challenging. I love lunges! If you add some body-weight squats, you'll round out your leg workout. Just FYI.

Anyways, thank you for the report, and here is the end of my reply. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm about an hour away from starting up my exercise gig for the evening. On the agenda: Some Jillian Michaels and Week 2 day 1 of the pushups and sit-ups program.

Starting an hour late because I have to stay up late to drop my dad off.

In other news, my parents exercised their neighborhood watch rights the day before yesterday. :) Caught two teenagers robbing a house and the guy got all his stuff back as a result when the cops showed up.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm about an hour away from starting up my exercise gig for the evening. On the agenda: Some Jillian Michaels and Week 2 day 1 of the pushups and sit-ups program.

Starting an hour late because I have to stay up late to drop my dad off.

In other news, my parents exercised their neighborhood watch rights the day before yesterday. :) Caught two teenagers robbing a house and the guy got all his stuff back as a result when the cops showed up.

Excellent news! Go Kyuuei's parents!!

Good luck with your working out. :)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Kyuuei - cool story!

Wednesday:Latin aerobics. Done. Kicked my ass. Two classes down.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Last work out went swimmingly. Pushups, situps, and squats. 5 reps of a set number each as per the workout plan. As I suspected, week 2 was a bit more cruel. Did a walking video with my mom last night.

Tonight: Day 2 of the program, as well as dance DVD.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last work out went swimmingly. Pushups, situps, and squats. 5 reps of a set number each as per the workout plan. As I suspected, week 2 was a bit more cruel. Did a walking video with my mom last night.

What kind of dance? Is it a "Stop snowing on the East Coast" dance, by any chance? We could really use one of those right now. :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are you talking about the higher intensity pilates class, or have you joined a new class?

It's through the same place so has Pilates principles and moves but is mostly on 'gravity' machines that use your body weight on increasing angles to add resistance instead of springs that the reformer beds use. In that respect it's more like the Pilates I did at my old gym when I could walk out and actually feel like I'd done a work out, the current Pilates machines I've been working on don't have enough tension with all 5 springs on for some leg exercises and I just didn't feel pushed hard enough.

Did another class last night, it adds upper, lower and core body work with cardio, plus (big plus) it's all new for me atm so am loving it.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Kyuuei - cool story!

Wednesday:Latin aerobics. Done. Kicked my ass. Two classes down.
That's awesome! I want to learn latin dancing so much...

Five reps? That must be grueling.. I have a hard enough time failing at 10-15, but I've never done any where the weight was so heavy I failed at five. Good for you!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :laugh: I think I used the word reps wrong? .. I should have said "5 sets of x number of reps" but reps always made more sense in my head to mean the times you begin an exercise. :doh: I keep forgetting to translate Kyuueian into Common English.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's through the same place so has Pilates principles and moves but is mostly on 'gravity' machines that use your body weight on increasing angles to add resistance instead of springs that the reformer beds use. In that respect it's more like the Pilates I did at my old gym when I could walk out and actually feel like I'd done a work out, the current Pilates machines I've been working on don't have enough tension with all 5 springs on for some leg exercises and I just didn't feel pushed hard enough.

Did another class last night, it adds upper, lower and core body work with cardio, plus (big plus) it's all new for me atm so am loving it.

Oh, I love new! Excellent news. I recall you liking your old gym (personnel issues aside), so I'm glad you are reaching that level of challenge again.

^ :laugh: I think I used the word reps wrong? .. I should have said "5 sets of x number of reps" but reps always made more sense in my head to mean the times you begin an exercise. :doh: I keep forgetting to translate Kyuueian into Common English.

Kyuueian? :laugh:

I get them confused sometimes, too. I just try to remember that "reps" = "repetitions" = the number of times that you do something.

Although the whole game -> set -> match thing in tennis still messes with my head sometimes! I haven't figured out a clever mnemonic for that.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my second exercise routine today so I met my goal for the week!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my second exercise routine today so I met my goal for the week!

Congrats!

Any chance you'll be able to squeeze a third one in? By all means, it's not necessary. But if the opportunity presents itself.... :)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is something wrong with one of my shoulders, so I may lay off the pushups. I also think I am going to increase stretching. Anyways, I have exercised yesterday and am going to today, soon. As soon as I get home.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physical therapy.

Today I learned that stretching is the single most important thing I need to do on my days off from therapy. Duly noted.

I did exercise a bit yesterday in the form of a Swing dance class... however, my knee is paying the price a bit today. Won't be doing that again right away, sadly.

There is something wrong with one of my shoulders, so I may lay off the pushups. I also think I am going to increase stretching. Anyways, I have exercised yesterday and am going to today, soon. As soon as I get home.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. MAYBE you can try doing push-ups from your knees... but definitely lay off of pushing yourself for now. Another alternative is to use your stairs, where your feet are on the floor and you use the step for the pushup. Gradually work yourself down the stairs until you can do them from the floor.