• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Did day 2 of the push-ups and sit-ups workout. I'm starting at week 1 for both, even though on the sit-ups I could probably go to week 3 already fairly easily. I want to be on the same track for both of them. It's a 6 week program, so I should be finishing it right around the time the challenge ends. :)

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I went to physical therapy today. They are slowly but surely making the workout more difficult.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aTYp8-O96M"]Van Halen - Riiiiight Now![/YOUTUBE]

Don't you hate when that happens? You were just getting the hang of your routine when they make it all hard to do again. ;)

Saw my trainer on Saturday and switched up my routine for the next two weeks. Yay interval cardio training. (sarcasm) lol. My chest and side hurt when I have to do that. (30 sec fast/30 sec slow) Also doing a new weights routine where I do all muscle groups each day instead of separate days. They explained the science of it to me, it's pretty interesting.

Nice song! We should have a workout playlist thread or list somewhere for everyone to share. I'm always looking for new motivating songs that make me feel powerful while I lift weights. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did day 2 of the push-ups and sit-ups workout. I'm starting at week 1 for both, even though on the sit-ups I could probably go to week 3 already fairly easily. I want to be on the same track for both of them. It's a 6 week program, so I should be finishing it right around the time the challenge ends. :)

That's perfect. The fact that it ends after the Challenge is good, too.

You know, I haven't even thought of what's going to become of this thread post-Challenge yet.

Don't you hate when that happens? You were just getting the hang of your routine when they make it all hard to do again. ;)

Saw my trainer on Saturday and switched up my routine for the next two weeks. Yay interval cardio training. (sarcasm) lol. My chest and side hurt when I have to do that. (30 sec fast/30 sec slow) Also doing a new weights routine where I do all muscle groups each day instead of separate days. They explained the science of it to me, it's pretty interesting.

Nice song! We should have a workout playlist thread or list somewhere for everyone to share. I'm always looking for new motivating songs that make me feel powerful while I lift weights. :D

In all fairness, the physical therapy routine is pretty easy. It's only been getting somewhat challenging in the past couple of sessions.

Oh, and don't you love interval training? :D Funny how much more difficult that makes it, isn't it? Please keep us posted on your progress, okay?!

Cascadeco shared this awesome little working out gem:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2hzVV2Nwfs"]Chemical Brothers - Galvanize[/YOUTUBE]

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
UDOG! I wanted to post my success! Of course, I was already rather small, but I am more toned. Especially in the legs and butt and arms, more so (I already have pretty great stomach muscles, just needed some shaping up)

:rofl1: my boyfriend didn't understand the importance of keeping cellulite at bay by keeping all of my body fit and not just being skinny :doh:

Thanks for the encouragement you always give!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Udog - Maybe a "Get ready for swimsuit season" Edition? :laugh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't get to workout today... received a couple of unexpected phone calls and had to put out a few fires.

I should be able to workout Saturday (@ home physical therapy exercises) to make up for it, though.

UDOG! I wanted to post my success! Of course, I was already rather small, but I am more toned. Especially in the legs and butt and arms, more so (I already have pretty great stomach muscles, just needed some shaping up)

:rofl1: my boyfriend didn't understand the importance of keeping cellulite at bay by keeping all of my body fit and not just being skinny :doh:

Thanks for the encouragement you always give!

You're welcome! :hug:

Congratulations on your progress! You should take some before and after pics, if you haven't already. It's fun to look back and see how far you've come.

And don't let your boyfriend talk you out of your routine! Being skinny doesn't mean you are in shape, so even without the cellulite, there are plenty of reasons to continue working out.

Udog - Maybe a "Get ready for swimsuit season" Edition? :laugh:

:D Well, I have been working on my bikini body...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good news, bad news:

Found the stance in my boxing class last night problematic, I've had issues with a twisted pelvis before and the rotation you're supposed to do in boxing has been troublesome in the past, this means as much as I enjoy hitting things I'll have to stop doing that class for a smidge, the pain of not being able to move, at all, without wanting to die isn't worth it.

Good part tho is that I had already booked in for some higher intensity classes to replace one of my reformer pilates classes as it's not been challenging enough for me so if I like that I can do a couple of them instead.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my usual impulsive manner, last night I decided to sign up for the 30-day free trial of Men's Health's online "personal trainer" service. You answer a bunch of questions about your basic health and fitness level and lifestyle, then you select from one of their meal plans and workout plans that are very flexible because you can adjust almost everything in it, but the main benefit is that it keeps track of a bunch of info and calculates things like your calorie intake and stuff without me having to count anything.

Anyway, since this was my first official day on the new program, I figured now was a good time to report and this can serve as my weekly report here for this week.

On the meal side of things, the plan I chose is the one called "Testosterone Advantage" (try not to get too excited, ladies. :cool:) and it set my daily calorie target as between 2,530 and 2,630. I'm happy to say I clocked in at 2,546 for day one. The goal is 36% calories from protein, 32% from carbs, and 32% from fat. It hasn't given me a calculation on my results for that yet, so maybe it only does that weekly. (The bulk of the results comes in the once-weekly "check-in" which for me will be Sundays.)

A lot of the workouts require dumbbells which I don't have any of, but I'm working on that and in the meantime I simply delete those and do the non-weight exercises, which for me is already quite a workout at this point.

It starts with 5 minutes "cardio warm-up" which I mainly did my mainstay of jumping jacks and arm rolls as well as jogging in place and what I can only think to call doing the twist.

After that, I moved on to knee-tucks and crunches, which I did the prescribed 10, and then the "Back Extension: Ground" for 8 reps (it just said do the max you can do.) Finally, it was "express cool-down" stretches which felt good but are the thing that is going to have me sore in the morning.

I woke up this morning by pulling a calf muscle hard before I had even done anything at all. It was like my body was already protesting. ;) So, when I did the stretches I took it easy on that one and didn't push it. No sense in injuring myself on day one of actually semi-following a plan.

Tomorrow's workout says 30 minutes of "Speedwalking." I have a feeling that is a little much for me, I can't remember the last time I speedwalked for that long, so it will probably be more like 10 minutes of speedwalking and another however long I can stand up of slower walking recovering from the speedwalking. If I don't collapse, maybe I'll remember to report on how that goes.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering what I ate, it could essentially be called the "fast food diet." ;) Hit the McDonald's drive-thru in the morning, got an egg mcmuffin and milk for breakfast (jack in the box hot sauce on the muffin - always good to keep sauce packets at work.) I also got one of those fruit & yogurt parfaits which was my morning snack a couple hours later.

Working for the Subway corporation has its privileges, namely - free Subway food. So lunch was a 6 inch double meat roast beef sub with swiss cheese, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, honey mustard, oil and pepper. 1% milk to drink and an oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert.

Afternoon snack was about an ounce and half of Planters lightly salted mixed nuts, and dinner was Chick-fil-A - one regular chicken sandwich and three chicken strips with one pack of bbq sauce. Lemonade to drink. (and I thieved one of my son's fries, but I stuck to one! ;)) By the way, that's real lemonade that Chick-fil-A makes in store, not one of those corn syrup-filled fake lemonades that comes from the fountain.

Tomorrow, I may actually stick closer to the recommended foods because they have a hamburger for the dinner meal. :D

Toodle-oo for now! Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Anyway, since this was my first official day on the new program, I figured now was a good time to report and this can serve as my weekly report here for this week.
Yay! :static: Woo-hoo!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll be out of town and without internet until Sunday night or Monday. You guys try not to make too much of a mess while I'm gone, okay? :)

Good part tho is that I had already booked in for some higher intensity classes to replace one of my reformer pilates classes as it's not been challenging enough for me so if I like that I can do a couple of them instead.

Thanks for the update. Glad you were able to make the most of it - the non-challenging class needed to go!

Okay, sounds good. This was one of the best reports of the entire thread, so I have no problem with that. :)

On the meal side of things, the plan I chose is the one called "Testosterone Advantage" (try not to get too excited, ladies. :cool:) and it set my daily calorie target as between 2,530 and 2,630. I'm happy to say I clocked in at 2,546 for day one. The goal is 36% calories from protein, 32% from carbs, and 32% from fat. It hasn't given me a calculation on my results for that yet, so maybe it only does that weekly. (The bulk of the results comes in the once-weekly "check-in" which for me will be Sundays.)

Sounds like a pretty solid starting balance to me, and likely a good calorie range as well. :yes:

A lot of the workouts require dumbbells which I don't have any of, but I'm working on that and in the meantime I simply delete those and do the non-weight exercises, which for me is already quite a workout at this point.

Hey, I hear you there. Oh, and if any of those exercises are body weight exercises, you'll likely find them harder than the dumbell exercises. At least, that's been my experience. I'm still sore from my Monday pushups.

It starts with 5 minutes "cardio warm-up" which I mainly did my mainstay of jumping jacks and arm rolls as well as jogging in place and what I can only think to call doing the twist.

This is very similar to the P90X warm up.

After that, I moved on to knee-tucks and crunches, which I did the prescribed 10, and then the "Back Extension: Ground" for 8 reps (it just said do the max you can do.) Finally, it was "express cool-down" stretches which felt good but are the thing that is going to have me sore in the morning.

I woke up this morning by pulling a calf muscle hard before I had even done anything at all. It was like my body was already protesting. ;) So, when I did the stretches I took it easy on that one and didn't push it. No sense in injuring myself on day one of actually semi-following a plan.

Tomorrow's workout says 30 minutes of "Speedwalking." I have a feeling that is a little much for me, I can't remember the last time I speedwalked for that long, so it will probably be more like 10 minutes of speedwalking and another however long I can stand up of slower walking recovering from the speedwalking. If I don't collapse, maybe I'll remember to report on how that goes.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering what I ate, it could essentially be called the "fast food diet." ;) Hit the McDonald's drive-thru in the morning, got an egg mcmuffin and milk for breakfast (jack in the box hot sauce on the muffin - always good to keep sauce packets at work.) I also got one of those fruit & yogurt parfaits which was my morning snack a couple hours later.

Working for the Subway corporation has its privileges, namely - free Subway food. So lunch was a 6 inch double meat roast beef sub with swiss cheese, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, honey mustard, oil and pepper. 1% milk to drink and an oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert.

Afternoon snack was about an ounce and half of Planters lightly salted mixed nuts, and dinner was Chick-fil-A - one regular chicken sandwich and three chicken strips with one pack of bbq sauce. Lemonade to drink. (and I thieved one of my son's fries, but I stuck to one! ;)) By the way, that's real lemonade that Chick-fil-A makes in store, not one of those corn syrup-filled fake lemonades that comes from the fountain.

Tomorrow, I may actually stick closer to the recommended foods because they have a hamburger for the dinner meal. :D

Toodle-oo for now! Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Thanks for the in depth report, Jeffster. To be honest, you put me to shame this week. Damn you iSfps, with your can-do, action-oriented attitudes!! :D

Also, I've been there with the fast food diets before. Honestly, I think eating the healthier choices at fast food restaurants is a good place to start. Gradual increments are more likely to lead to long-term success. (I wish I apply that lesson!)

One suggestion about the speed walking: Try to make it go for 20 minutes, if you can. Feel free to use increments, with 5 minutes speed walking and 5 minutes regular walking, if you need to.

Best of luck!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:shocking: .. Jeffster did a comprehensive report? .. Where's that fainting emoticon??..

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:shocking: .. Jeffster did a comprehensive report? .. Where's that fainting emoticon??..

Hey, don't get used to it. Next week I'll probably say something like "I did some stuff." ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to have to take a sick day for my goal this week.
I have a head cold with fever.
I might do it tomorrow if I feel well enough.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Everythings going as planned. :) Week one was a bit easy sit-ups wise, but I suspect week 2 will hurt me on push-ups. :wacko:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
[Beware. A blathering of blatant egotism all across the post below. Read, or don't. ;) I blame UDog for his fantastic encouragement. And a naturally giddy moment of happiness.]

So I must be doing something right. Even though I still see the same spots of fattyness when I look in the mirror, and there's that darn cellulite taunting me. Everything gets progressively smaller, but it's still the same spots that look bad in new jeans I try on.

I've had 3 complete strangers ask me in the gym about my routine in the last week or two! Two people today. I strike up conversations and that's one thing. But this is the first time something like this has happened to me.

Random woman walks up to me and asks how I got my butt! (Lyrics "I got it from my mamma" would have been an awesome response haha) She proceeds to tell me she's had two kids and trying to exercise and watched me across the gym and thought to herself, "She has a nice firm butt, I want one like that."! So of course I told her about my trainer and how eating is most important.

Anyway. That was quite suprising. I've had guys hit on me before, but never a woman who is envious/wanting to learn whatever I do. And I don't think I look that great. lol. I am pretty stoked though, starting to be able to fit into highschool clothes I haven't worn for years even with my 15ish lb fat losses here and there!

:bananallama::bananallama:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
[Beware. A blathering of blatant egotism all across the post below. Read, or don't. ;) I blame UDog for his fantastic encouragement. And a naturally giddy moment of happiness.]

So I must be doing something right. Even though I still see the same spots of fattyness when I look in the mirror, and there's that darn cellulite taunting me. Everything gets progressively smaller, but it's still the same spots that look bad in new jeans I try on.

I've had 3 complete strangers ask me in the gym about my routine in the last week or two! Two people today. I strike up conversations and that's one thing. But this is the first time something like this has happened to me.

Random woman walks up to me and asks how I got my butt! (Lyrics "I got it from my mamma" would have been an awesome response haha) She proceeds to tell me she's had two kids and trying to exercise and watched me across the gym and thought to herself, "She has a nice firm butt, I want one like that."! So of course I told her about my trainer and how eating is most important.

Anyway. That was quite suprising. I've had guys hit on me before, but never a woman who is envious/wanting to learn whatever I do. And I don't think I look that great. lol. I am pretty stoked though, starting to be able to fit into highschool clothes I haven't worn for years even with my 15ish lb fat losses here and there!

:bananallama::bananallama:

:D Great.

You should remember that your body doesn't pick and choose which areas of fat to burn first. It's all or nothing.

But the muscle you build or tone, will change the shape of your body much quicker than fat loss.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
wicked sinus headache...
1 workout, 1 sick day for this week