• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Day 1 - kickboxing done! Was fun. The instructor was very high energy but moved too quickly between the routines and didn't have everything properly synchronized with the music. I know, I'm picky. :cheese: Well, I really enjoyed the workout regardless and it reminded me how much I needed this to get back to feeling a little buff again.

5 times this week, eh? Ambitious! Should I harass you on Wednesday to make sure you are keeping on track? :D

I know - have to set a good goal! Yes, do check but only if you have the time and inclination. :smile:

I will try to get a workout in tomorrow. I'm curious about the Boot Camp class near work. May do that if I can make it across in time. Otherwise, definitely Wednesday (Latin aerobics) and will do my remaining workouts Thurs-Saturday.

P.S.
Could we slackers who have a 0 have an incentive like those who started later? Could we get a +1 for every week we complete all our goals in the last month? I'm very reward oriented this week. :smile:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gah! It's been soooo long, my first gym class of 2010 starts tomorrow :yay:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I walked to school today despite the high of 33 degrees (that's farenheit, people!).

I've been having so much trouble getting back into exercising, I figure the best thing to do is to start with stuff I have to do anyway...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could we slackers who have a 0 have an incentive like those who started later? Could we get a +1 for every week we complete all our goals in the last month? I'm very reward oriented this week. :smile:

I think most people quit taking the cheats seriously once I didn't follow through with them quite as much, but *I* take them seriously for myself, and I know that you do as well.

Why do you want +1 for each week of the final month? Planning on slacking the final week? (Kidding.)

If you want bonus cheats, I think you should work a bit more for them. :devil: How about 1 bonus cheat for every TWO weeks you fulfill your goals, starting this week? That gives you the potential for 3 bonus cheats.

Gah! It's been soooo long, my first gym class of 2010 starts tomorrow :yay:

:yay:

I walked to school today despite the high of 33 degrees (that's farenheit, people!).

I've been having so much trouble getting back into exercising, I figure the best thing to do is to start with stuff I have to do anyway...

You make a good point - however, don't make yourself sick in the process! Are there any other yoga places you can check out? Ever consider taking kick boxing or something?

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, patience my friend. An ENFP strength! ;)

After summoning my infinite, natural ENFP enneagram 7 patience (lol) my post injury weight is off. Of course now I'll be dealing with muscle mass loss soon but no big deal. On the positive side I can move my left arm a few inches away from my side! Yay!

Anyone know any good kettlebell exercises with one arm? I was thinking of getting a kettlebell before my injury but the only two workouts I know involve holding it with both arms.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You make a good point - however, don't make yourself sick in the process! Are there any other yoga places you can check out? Ever consider taking kick boxing or something?

I'll be fine. The weather actually felt quite balmy after last week's freeze, and it's only supposed to get warmer.

There is a yoga class at the YMCA, but it doesn't start until like, late February.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm gonna take an injury-day-off today. My knee was killing me yesterday, so I iced it today. But I went up and down the stairs a boatload of times to tend to the wood stove, so I'm getting plenty of exercise.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think most people quit taking the cheats seriously once I didn't follow through with them quite as much, but *I* take them seriously for myself, and I know that you do as well.

Why do you want +1 for each week of the final month? Planning on slacking the final week? (Kidding.)

If you want bonus cheats, I think you should work a bit more for them. :devil: How about 1 bonus cheat for every TWO weeks you fulfill your goals, starting this week? That gives you the potential for 3 bonus cheats.

I'm so "special" that I wasn't thinking of the points as "cheats" at all but as earned points for a full week (no, the workout is not it's own reward, thank you very much :tongue: ). I don't plan on using any cheats in the coming weeks (this will come back to haunt me, I'm sure :newwink:).

I got conditioned by my workout buddy (INFJ) who was really tough with me when I started last year. I got -2 for missing a single class and only +1 for attending a whole week so was thinking in terms of positive reinforcement. I like your suggestion of 1 for every two weeks completed for a max of 3. You're on!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yesterday I did some deep stretching and being calm, today I'm playing the Wii with the fam before I go out tonight, and tomorrow I think I'll make it a run day.

Exercising my brain with a pre-calculus book.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Last edited:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yesterday I had my first session back since last year, everything is awwie!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So far:
Monday - Kickboxing
Tuesday - nothing.
Wednesday - Latin Aerobics. Great workout and music!

I don't think I'll have time to work out tomorrow so I will go for Fri-Sun.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had my first day back in Physical Therapy today. Consider that my workout.

The new PT doesn't seem to think it's plica syndrome, although he did agree that the problems with my hip, causing bad angles at my knee, are what's causing the pain.

Anyway, I've been told I can no longer do the P90X, and I need to keep my workouts SIMPLE. So I need to figure out what I'm going to do now.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercises today, so I'm good for the week.
I think something is causing bursitis in my elbow, knee and shoulder.
Does anyone know what can do that?

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Even though I am not part of the "challenge"...I have done Crossfit twice this week (Ahhhhh the humanity!).

I have a 30min ab workout scheduled tonight.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I only have two words to say: Aww & Wee! *dies*

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my exercises today, so I'm good for the week.
I think something is causing bursitis in my elbow, knee and shoulder.
Does anyone know what can do that?

What makes you think it's bursitis? Is the doctor an option for you?

Even though I am not part of the "challenge"...I have done Crossfit twice this week (Ahhhhh the humanity!).

I have a 30min ab workout scheduled tonight.

Excellent! You are welcome to post here at any time. I like hearing about people's progress. It shames me into working out again.

Today and yesterday are both checks

I've decided that during the final month (Feb), I'm going to give you some horribly cheesy inspirational rep every time you post your workout progress in this.

Something to look forward to. :cheese:

I only have two words to say: Aww & Wee! *dies*

Excellent. *revives Trinity so she can workout and die again*