• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Uhm.. I'm starting this 100 push-ups program to try and get some strength in my arms. Everything's been going fine..

wolfy

awsm
I trained five times. One was just some sprints and the other four were weight training. I also got a tennis racquet and have been smacking a ball against the wall for half an hour now and again.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my physical therapy exercises for yesterday and today. It's mainly ab and core work, with some stretching thrown in. It's about a 35 minute routine... nothing too fancy.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's something. Don't feel too bad Hap... I've been in a bit of an exercise funk myself. Unless you reach a point where you get paid to be fit, or are almost addicted to exercise, funks are going to hit every once and again.

Have you been looking into other options besides the too-hot Yoga class? That's something constructive you can do with the free time you have from not exercising. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been rundown and exhausted, but I'm still in the grind, foolios.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Starting to recover some of my older workout habits. I'm still not doing it nearly as often as I was at my peak, but at least I seem to be back to doing it about twice a week.

My strength definitely declined. I can't do 75 push-ups any more. I'm currently doing two sets of 50 in the weekends. I think I could do more than 50, but not without making myself too sore to do any the next day. Also 50 stomach crunches.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm walking some 21 miles a week just to attend class, so I have plenty of that sort of exercise.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did them for today and I don't know if I mentioned I did them yesterday...but I am getting a little frustrated, because I want to switch up my exercises, but I don't know what the hell to do and I want a more toned body and I want it NOW!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Starting to recover some of my older workout habits. I'm still not doing it nearly as often as I was at my peak, but at least I seem to be back to doing it about twice a week.

My strength definitely declined. I can't do 75 push-ups any more. I'm currently doing two sets of 50 in the weekends. I think I could do more than 50, but not without making myself too sore to do any the next day. Also 50 stomach crunches.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm walking some 21 miles a week just to attend class, so I have plenty of that sort of exercise.

Wow, that's alot of walking. Yeah, that definitely counts as quality exercise. Especially if you are like how I was, always running just a bit late and having to walk briskly.

You'll regain your old strength pretty quickly. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

I did them for today and I don't know if I mentioned I did them yesterday...but I am getting a little frustrated, because I want to switch up my exercises, but I don't know what the hell to do and I want a more toned body and I want it NOW!

Hehehe. Isn't that how it always is?

Toned bodies actually come more from body fat percentage then they do from muscle size. If tone and definition is your primary goal, fat loss exercising is your key. It just happens to be that building muscle can help with fat loss. :)

May I suggest looking to join a class or sport? Kickboxing or a martial art has always seemed like good exercise. Plus, you learn how to cause bad people pain. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I didn't do jack today. :wacko: I meant to, but in the process of studying and doing homework, I let the time run away from me. It'll settle down once all of the initial school stuff ends and the schedule is more regular.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man, Jack isn't happy about it, either. Bad kyuuei!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehehe. Isn't that how it always is?

Toned bodies actually come more from body fat percentage then they do from muscle size. If tone and definition is your primary goal, fat loss exercising is your key. It just happens to be that building muscle can help with fat loss. :)

May I suggest looking to join a class or sport? Kickboxing or a martial art has always seemed like good exercise. Plus, you learn how to cause bad people pain. :D

I will learn martial arts, and practice on my sisters! Muahahhahahaha!

(kidding)

Well, I could teach them...:devil:
I can't join a class. A. I can't drive and B. I don't have the time. Too much stuff after school :doh:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
How to Get Better

A mini-guide to improving yourself physically.

To improve at a sport or essentially anything, you need to develop the following areas: Intensity, Volume, Frequency, and Recovery. The first three are not my idea; I read this on some website or magazine about running. Maybe it was even in this thread, I don't remember. However, I quickly realized the same principles could be applied to any sport, whether it's basketball, cricket, tennis, fencing, snowboarding, or even mental sports like chess and computer games. And then I added Recovery, because nobody would improve without it.

Intensity: The effort you put into what you're doing. A jog is low intensity, a sprint is high intensity. Working at high intensities can often help you improve your abilities across the board. For mental sports, try playing speed games to boost your intensity. Try to sustain a high intensity level for as long as you can.

Volume: The amount of time you spend doing this activity. Although runners often use distance as a similar metric -- e.g. I ran 18 miles last week -- time is actually more informative and more important to build. Keep a log and tally the number of hours per week.

Frequency: The number of times per week you perform the activity. More is usually better, but if your activity puts stress on the joints you have to be careful to step it up gradually.

Recovery: It's very important to recover efficiently because it prepares your body for the next time you perform. Although many people just let their bodies do it naturally, there are ways to speed recovery. And if you speed your recovery, you can increase your frequency, which will help improve your ability. Recovery techniques are often sport-specific, and there is a lot of "folk lore"-type remedies out there. Do your own experimentation and find out what works for you. If your joints are stressed, you can use a cold bath or ice packs to recover quickly. If you like supplements, then take them, but nutrition is far more important. Just finished a high-intensity speed session in Starcraft? Go make a cup of relaxing tea and take a walk. If you are building muscle, eat a lot of protein an hour or two after your workout. And perhaps most importantly, listen to your body. If your knee is really hurting, perhaps you should skip the high-intensity sprint session and just jog for a while.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome post, rhinosaur!

Volume can also include the amount of weight you lift and the number of repetitions. Increasing weight or reps increases volume.

And agreed 100% on recovery. In fact, working out essentially stresses and damages the body. It's during the recovery period that it rebuilds and becomes stronger.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I walked to school in snow with only a light coat.

I would think a heavy coat would make it more challenging. Perhaps carry a couple of buckets of water while you are at it... :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Just imagine all the nice bad things you want to do to someone, and the outfit you would be wearing, and then magic occurs. Ok no, then 100 leg lifts, 30 minutes on the exercise bike, and 50 push-ups occur. But it's almost like magic.

Only sweatier. And exhausting. And possibly unpleasant. I also don't believe that magic will cause you to pull a hamstring.

But very much like magic otherwise!

I've been considering Pilates. After seeing Gabrielle Anwar's legs and arms on "Burn Notice", I'm considering it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I finally ordered a new video... just to change it up a bit.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also don't believe that magic will cause you to pull a hamstring.

Then your version of magic sounds rather boring!

Also, about the Pilates: Do it! Working on core strength and breathing has benefits beyond simply looking hot in TV shows with Bruce Campbell in them. (If that wasn't incentive enough.)

But the cold makes me go faster!

Briskness is good. Just don't freeze yourself, okay? You should make a pair of extra warm socks for your school walks!

Edit: Damn, I sound like a parent. What I really meant is, go crazy girl!!

I finally ordered a new video... just to change it up a bit.

Ooo.... how are you changing it up? What's the new video focus on?