• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm out for a couple weeks+. Wiped out while snowboarding and dislocated my shoulder. I'll be back when I'm recovered.

This one handed typing is a killer...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Back on the workout train after being sick all last week. Worked out tonight and night before last.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i've been mia so i'll probably be chased with torches outta here but anyway here's what's happening. I continue to work out almost daily with indoor cycling and on off days the elliptical at home. i just joined jenny craig (yeah i know but don't jump the gun just yet!) yesterday and if all goes as planned i should be at my goal weight by may!

tallulah, i hope you're feeling better. :)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Welcome back and happy new year everyone (I am assuming it is kosher to keep saying this until the 7th at least) :smile:

Back on track.

Good news: haven't put on any weight over the holidays in spite of being totally off on the exercise. In fact, lost a couple pounds, bringing the grand weight loss total since the start of this shindig to an even 20lbs. Disclaimer: Being sick a LOT while away probably contributed. Having said that, am now down 2 full pant sizes and am wearing trousers I last wore 3 years ago.

Bad news: lost my awesome 5 days a week routine while away and it's been hard getting back at the same pace/level - don't have that "I'm so buff" feeling any more. Need to get back to :pumpyouup:

I worked out two days this week though, slowly making my way back. Started with 30 minutes the first day and did 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I'd like to get back into my kickboxing class but I think that will have to wait until Saturday morning due to scheduling.

My goal for this week is to do 5 days of something for at least 30 minutes just to get back into routine. Starting next week, I'll have more of a plan with classes (2 a week of aerobic exercise) and 3 days of cardio and weights where one day could be substituted for yoga.

Udog and Tallulah - hope you both feel better. Jen - congratulations on starting JC. :yay: Let us know how it goes.

Mr. Udog, your efforts could have only made the HDL/LDL level better even if they're not where you want them. Also, I'm on to you SIR. :peepwall: This is a ruse to get unsuspecting young women to look at your snazzy pictures...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm out for a couple weeks+. Wiped out while snowboarding and dislocated my shoulder. I'll be back when I'm recovered.

This one handed typing is a killer...

Aw. :( Hopefully it's a quick recovery.

Back on the workout train after being sick all last week. Worked out tonight and night before last.

You should have said something about being sick... if I had known I would have pointed at you and laughed like Nelson. "Look at the sick girl! HA HA!"

I mean, welcome back. Glad you are feeling better! :hug:

i've been mia so i'll probably be chased with torches outta here but anyway here's what's happening. I continue to work out almost daily with indoor cycling and on off days the elliptical at home. i just joined jenny craig (yeah i know but don't jump the gun just yet!) yesterday and if all goes as planned i should be at my goal weight by may!

Welcome back. I like your attitude - finish off strong and it's all good! :D

Back on track.

Yay.

Good news: haven't put on any weight over the holidays in spite of being totally off on the exercise. In fact, lost a couple pounds, bringing the grand weight loss total since the start of this shindig to an even 20lbs. Disclaimer: Being sick a LOT while away probably contributed. Having said that, am now down 2 full pant sizes and am wearing trousers I last wore 3 years ago.

Bad news: lost my awesome 5 days a week routine while away and it's been hard getting back at the same pace/level - don't have that "I'm so buff" feeling any more. Need to get back to :pumpyouup:

I worked out two days this week though, slowly making my way back. Started with 30 minutes the first day and did 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I'd like to get back into my kickboxing class but I think that will have to wait until Saturday morning due to scheduling.

My goal for this week is to do 5 days of something for at least 30 minutes just to get back into routine. Starting next week, I'll have more of a plan with classes (2 a week of aerobic exercise) and 3 days of cardio and weights where one day could be substituted for yoga.

I'm in a similar boat. You are doing this the right way by slowly easing back into it. It's easy to push too hard and sabotage yourself.

Oh, and thanks for the well wishes. :)

Mr. Udog, your efforts could have only made the HDL/LDL level better even if they're not where you want them. Also, I'm on to you SIR. :peepwall: This is a ruse to get unsuspecting young women to look at your snazzy pictures...

Yeah. I wish I could have taken my blood levels BEFORE I started all this working out, simply to see how bad they were. It would have been useful information to know exactly how unhealthy I let myself become.

Also. Heh. They aren't snazzy pictures until I can feel like they are snazzy pictures. I'm a bit away from that marker.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I have decided I should start posting my efforts back in this thread, if I can stop being lazy and distractable!

I have started excercising in the morning, as well as at night!

Day 1 and 2 of this method: check.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sadly, I've totally dropped out of this thing, but I'm restarting. This time, I will increase the intensity of my workout fast - I'm not a fan of slow advancement right now.

Unless there's an injury, I'll be working out 15 hours a week in a month or two. It can't be more waste of a time than what I've done last month.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So it's confirmed.
I injured my Rotator Cuff in my left shoulder... twice.

Any advice on how to take care of it?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want to use a cheat this week, so I went ahead and did the Chest, Triceps, and shoulders workout. Sipping on my jin and recovery drink, laid back.

So it's confirmed.
I injured my Rotator Cuff in my left shoulder... twice.

Any advice on how to take care of it?

Wolfy?

I have a friend that had problems with his rotator cuff. I'll see if he remembers anything.

Udog, your location should be Forward! and not Forward. And it should be said saruman style.
YouTube - Sarumans Speech - No Dawn For men
you better watch it in fullscreen

and as far as relevance is concerned, I havent had a cigarette in about four months.

Oh. Good point. *fixes*

Congrats on kicking the smoking habit. That can be damn hard to do.

Oh, and I bet you lost a couple of pounds when you shaved your beard, so good job there as well! :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Daily progress of the day: check.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercises today, so I've accomplished my goal for the week.
If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't be doing them at all!
Thanks, UDog. :hug:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm officially back on, following the same regimen I had going on before thanksgiving. I'll post a full report at the end of the week.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did 2/3s of the Leg and Back P90X workout before I started failing. And by failing, I mean my legs were so tired I couldn't gather my balance no matter how hard I tried.

Oh, I weighed 280 pounds this morning, so I didn't gain any weight over the holidays. Sweet.

Daily progress of the day: check.

Excellent. Welcome back to the thread. :yay:

I did my exercises today, so I've accomplished my goal for the week.
If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't be doing them at all!
Thanks, UDog. :hug:

:hug: I'm very glad you decided to join us - it's been a pleasure having you participate.

Oh, and I haven't had the chance to ask about the rotator cuff thing. By which I mean, I forgot. :doh:

I'm officially back on, following the same regimen I had going on before thanksgiving. I'll post a full report at the end of the week.

Awesome! I was just thinking about you earlier today, as I had made a note that I had to PM you even if I couldn't get to PMing anyone else before Monday.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You thought you could lose me huh, huh?? Well you DIDN"T! I worked out four five times this week :D

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You thought you could lose me huh, huh?? Well you DIDN"T! I worked out four times this week :D

Oh no, you were on the PM list as well. I may not know where you live, but I know where you to go waste a whole bunch of time! :D

Glad to have you back. :)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Uurgghhh :steam:

After working so hard and LOSING two pounds over the holidays, I was up seven pounds (!) the day after injuring my shoulder. Obviously that's water weight or something, but it's still on three days later. And I can't exercise or anything to help take it off. P.a.t.i.e.n.c.e..... Grrraahhh.... :doh: