• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Good day in Gym class today.

Next week I'll have no classes due to thanksgiving break :D Yaay!! Finally a break!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Good to go from last week. Got my three workouts in.

Off to a great start this week. My knee is a lot better, even compared to last week. Last week I could feel my knee wasn't 100% stable, and I had to limit my speed. I ran yesterday and felt it a little bit, and today it's fine!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry for the delayed post. Met goals for last week and even lost 4 pounds. Was up 2 pounds the week before so worked hard and am now back on track. Went to kick boxing class yesterday which kicked my ass but I have to say, now that I'm getting back into shape, I kicked a little ass too :coffee:

Going to work out now while I have a break at work between meetings...

Excellent. Congrats on the weight loss!

Worked out today. I'm back on the wagon!

Awesome. Glad to see you back. ;)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Aerobics class was a surprise session - we made up our own workout by each of us picking out favorites, so there was hardly any cardio :laugh: go figure, and a lot of strength training of the arms and legs. It was a decent session before break.

:D Now I get a week's thanksgiving vacation! Yaay! I'll still probably work out, maybe buy a dance DVD or something fun like that..

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aerobics class was a surprise session - we made up our own workout by each of us picking out favorites, so there was hardly any cardio :laugh: go figure, and a lot of strength training of the arms and legs. It was a decent session before break.

:D Now I get a week's thanksgiving vacation! Yaay! I'll still probably work out, maybe buy a dance DVD or something fun like that..

Rest weeks are great. However, rest weeks don't mean "Sit on your lazy bum all day". :D

Some sort of light cardio or dancing would be perfect. It gives your body a chance to recover while still keeping it active and burning calories.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Sitting on my bum for on the worst week weight-wise would mean I'd lose half the effort I just accomplished in one meal ;)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I haven't done anything for a week, and I feel miserable. When I go back, I'm going to be back at square one, I'm sure.

Does anybody know of any exercise videos with very quiet instructors?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yoga X complete. I can't believe how inflexible I am. :doh:

wolfy

awsm
I did some deadlifts today. My training got cut short though. I did some stuff last night too but I really want to go to the gym tomorrow.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Sorry to hear that. Do you have any idea how many calories you are eating each day? How is your Vitamin B consumption?

Here's a good quote from Precision Nutrition about vegetarianism, and what nutrients need special attention when animal protein is removed:

What you should know
Veganism and vegetarianism only indicates what a person eliminates from their diet. It doesn’t indicate how much healthy food they will consume. Therefore it's important, when making the vegetarian choice, to also choose good nutrition. The foundation of a proper plant-based diet should be from vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.

Back in early 1977, a committee on nutrition issued a set of dietary guidelines, calling on Americans to avoid red meat and dairy products. As expected, the red meat and dairy industries engulfed the committee with criticism. The recommendations were then rewritten as: “choose meats, poultry, and fish that will reduce saturated fat intake.”

Nutrients that are of concern to the strict vegetarian and vegan include:

· Vitamin B-12 – This is only found in fortified products and nutritional yeasts

o Aim for 3-5 mcg/day from food or 10-100 mcg/day from supplements.

· Calcium – Nuts, seeds, tofu (calcium set), fortified non-dairy milks

o Aim for around 1000 mg per day.

· Iodine – Kelp, asparagus, green leafy vegetables, iodized salt

o Aim to consume 75 – 100 mcg every few days.

· Omega-3 fatty acids – Include flax, hemp, walnuts, green leafy vegetables, DHA from algae supplements

o Consume AT LEAST 2 grams of added ALA per day.

o Add a DHA algae supplement if able

· Vitamin D (D2 is animal free, D3 is animal derived)

o Aim for 1000 IU (25 mcg) on days you don’t get any sun.

For extra credit

· Hippocrates recommended a diet rich in plant-based foods native to their environment.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I walked today, slower than usual. Still was coughing up a lot of stuff, though.

Again, quiet exercise videos. People encouraging me discourages me. I need videos without that.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Did the 5k today. Ran half and walked half of it. Felt good. Next time, I'll run it all.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been keeping up with the P90X, I just forgot to post. Completed Legs and Back Friday, and Kenpo today.

I walked today, slower than usual. Still was coughing up a lot of stuff, though.

Again, quiet exercise videos. People encouraging me discourages me. I need videos without that.

INTJMom suggested going to Amazon.com and reading the reviews of various workouts. Take special note of the negative reviews (1, 2, and even 3 star reviews) so see why they were rated negatively.

The alternative is lowering the volume, or altogether muting the TV once you get the hang of the workout.

Ahem, the Bronco's are going down this weekend.

;)

Oh no you di'int!

I'd talk more trash here except I can't bring myself do to it, after the loss to the Redskins.

Did the 5k today. Ran half and walked half of it. Felt good. Next time, I'll run it all.

Excellent! Now you have a goal for yourself. :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did some weight lifting today... I guess I need one cheat for this week.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Random question:

I am 5'7" and ~127 pounds, so I'm not overweight, but most of it isn't muscle. Basically, I'm in a healthy weight range, but I have a bit of a gut.

I have two goals:
a) Get rid of gut
b) Build muscle

The problem is, these two goals seem to contradict each other. To gain muscle, you need to eat more calories than you use, and to burn fat, you need to burn more calories than you use. How should I go about doing both?

Any advice would be much appreciated :p

EDIT: On a side note, I've been keeping up with my plan well so far. I'm home for the week for school break, so my parents are attempting to shove lots of horrible (delicious) food down my throat, so I have a bit of a diet cheat for today haha. Luckily, we have a treadmill here, so I can keep up with the 30 minutes every-other-day plan.