• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

wolfy

awsm
How many hours do you sleep?
Do you go to bed before midnight? (it is 3am here)

There is no such thing as conserving energy. Spend it and you'll get more in return.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, well, it wasn't working that way for me. I had no energy. Maybe its the vegetarian, I'm not sure, but I was falling asleep in the middle of the day.

wolfy

awsm
Are you getting enough protein now? How many times do you eat a day? What time do you get sleepy?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, well, it wasn't working that way for me. I had no energy. Maybe its the vegetarian, I'm not sure, but I was falling asleep in the middle of the day.

Did you have the energy issues before you switched your diet? (I don't remember you commenting on that.)

Instead of it being just protein intake, my *first* concern is whether or not you are getting enough calories. Veggies are very filling, but very low calorie. So do you have any idea how many calories you are eating each day?

My holiday tip: Reduced portions. Try everything you wanna try, just put on your plate smaller amounts than you're used to. That way, you get to eat all the stuff everyone cooked, but you're not eating yourself silly. I don't worry too much about what it is I intake, but if I want more food I make sure it's the healthier things being increased (vegetables and such). Eating smaller amounts and slowing down your consumption a bit usually gets me through alright.

Good tip - thanks! Taking a break in between your first, second, and fifth :D servings will also reduce the amount you eat.

11/12
Croissant and coffee for breakfast, a dinner of scrambled eggs, spinach, potatoes and a really sweet cookie. Did about 15 minutes of mixed yoga and dancing around (my repetoire now includes skanking and the jerk).
Eating: good
Exercise: 15 min

TOTAL:
Eating: ok
Exercise: 1.5/3
Cheat Day -1

Thank you for the update. Also, you should make a tape called "Skank yourself to health" :D

Any ideas for what I could bring to school as protein without having to lug around an ice pack with it? The only thing I can think of is like, peanuts.

Nuts and seeds. I like to make a mix that has equal parts raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans. I add some pumpkin seeds to that (they don't taste great, but have good protein). After that, I mix it up some. Dried cranberries and raisins give it some sweetness and counter the dryness of the nuts. Dried bananas and a bit of dark chocolate give it a dessert quality while still keeping it at least fairly healthy.

You can do better than peanuts, health wise.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Sadly, Krav Maga class ended today with the last day of instruction. Thanksgiving, registration, and finals followed by Holiday break coming up, so the class ended today. It was a good day though, reviewing all the stance and choke techniques learned throughout it. Spring sessions will begin in January sometime. I'll be there. :)

Aerobics class we had teams sports day, where we had to play 'Chinese soccer'. Our team lost, but I'm convinced we would have won if they hadn't cheated on an earlier point that was counted. :D Oh well. It was a fun class.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Sadly, Krav Maga class ended today with the last day of instruction. Thanksgiving, registration, and finals followed by Holiday break coming up, so the class ended today. It was a good day though, reviewing all the stance and choke techniques learned throughout it. Spring sessions will begin in January sometime. I'll be there. :)

Aerobics class we had teams sports day, where we had to play 'Chinese soccer'. Our team lost, but I'm convinced we would have won if they hadn't cheated on an earlier point that was counted. :D Oh well. It was a fun class.

Congrats on pursuing Krav Maga. Undoubtedly the most brutal of the martial arts!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Why thank you :) I've been having a lot of fun with the class, and I wrote an evaluation for the instructor coming from an inexperienced person in the combatives field.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi Udog,

Just reporting in. Have done my workouts. Fell off the wagon for eating regular meals. Problem was not cooking ahead of time for lunches and less routine generally. Will fix this week.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just dropping in to say that I've finished Day 9 of the P90X. Polymetrics again. My technique was much better this time. I thought I was doing really well until the guy said, "Great job guys! We are half way through!" Then I fainted.

Not really. But I wanted to. :D

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Medications have helped! I now wake up without feeling exhausted. Unfortunately I think I'll require an air purification device to get back to 100% but I'm doing workouts again.

To get back into things, I've taken to bodyweight exercises. Burpees in particular. If you haven't tried doing these yet I'd recommend it. They are far more demanding than I expected. Today I attempted to do decending sets starting at 12 (so 12, then 11, then 10, then 9, etc.) but only got down to 8 before I was borderline puking from the exertion.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To get back into things, I've taken to bodyweight exercises. Burpees in particular. If you haven't tried doing these yet I'd recommend it. They are far more demanding than I expected. Today I attempted to do decending sets starting at 12 (so 12, then 11, then 10, then 9, etc.) but only got down to 8 before I was borderline puking from the exertion.

Wonderful news.

Burpees are pretty tough - you did well to do as many as you did. Also, I'm particularly fond of chair dips, for whatever reason.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was down and out Monday with a bad stomach. Needless to say, no gym yesterday (although I did stay clear of junk food...).

I went to the gym today to make up for it, so my plan is to go T,R,F this week, and then pickup my 4-day plan next Monday. I've managed to stay away from bad food thus far (homemade vegetable/chicken stir fry isn't bad is it? o_o). So far so good, I guess.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was down and out Monday with a bad stomach. Needless to say, no gym yesterday (although I did stay clear of junk food...).

I went to the gym today to make up for it, so my plan is to go T,R,F this week, and then pickup my 4-day plan next Monday. I've managed to stay away from bad food thus far (homemade vegetable/chicken stir fry isn't bad is it? o_o). So far so good, I guess.
Good job on the eating! :static:

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. :(

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mostly finished day 10 of P90X - shoulders and arms. I won't get home until 9 or 10 tonight, so even though I overslept by 30 minutes, I worked out this morning. I had time to do 4 of the 5 rounds in the workout. I'm feeling it, so I'll take it.

I've decided I'm going to make a play for 270 pounds by the end of the year. That weight has personal significance to me, and it would be awesome if I can start the year at it. My current weight is 285.8, with some of that being extra water weight. This means I have to lose 2.6 pounds a week over 6 weeks.

I realize that's perhaps overly ambitious. It means continuing with my exercises, being active whenever possible, and eating right. Even with all those things, there's no guarantee. Still, I'm going to give it a shot. :)

Good adjustments. I hope you feel better soon.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have this bizarre respiratory infection where I don't cough but there's all this crap stuck in my ears and down my throat. How long until I should start exercising again?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No idea, Hap - that's official doctor territory. If it were me, I wouldn't push myself until that crap is gone, though.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry for the delayed post. Met goals for last week and even lost 4 pounds. Was up 2 pounds the week before so worked hard and am now back on track. Went to kick boxing class yesterday which kicked my ass but I have to say, now that I'm getting back into shape, I kicked a little ass too :coffee:

Going to work out now while I have a break at work between meetings...