• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 2/90 of P90X completed. Today we did Plyometrics, which consists alot of jumping and 'burst' exercises. There are alot of variations of jumping from a squatting position, as well as some various footwork exercises that I associate with football and soccer training.

Challenging. I treated it like a cardio program, and just did what I needed to keep my heart rate elevated.

Wrecked shop with a 1.5 mile run, arms, legs, and some ab work. Squats - 180 lbs. Leg presses - 260 lbs.

I'm just going to change your last name to Ball. First name: Wrecking.

I just got back from the gym. Did what I usually do for upper body.

Bench Press and BB Row SuperSet.
Sh Press and Chins SS
and rode the bike.

Forgive the ignorance, but what do you mean by "chins"?

Totally in a sweet routine now with classes and eating, and I'll be checking out a high-intensity boxing class on Thursday at the same place that I'm doing Pilates atm, if that all works out, which I think it will, then I'll finally have everything I wanted covered and be able to stop looking around for different ways to meet my fitness wants.

Awesome! That's quite an impressive variety of activity, actually. I can see you being pretty successful assuming the boxing classes are what you were hoping for. (You can always try kickboxing next if you don't like the boxing classes!)

.8 mi to school

6-7 laps on track (I wasn't keeping track)

You're doing great, Hap. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chin Ups. Pull Ups.

Heh. Duh.

My back is killing me from all the (assisted) pull ups I did yesterday. So are my abs. Plus, I've been pretty clumsy the past two days, despite having enough energy and whatnot.

Perhaps there is something to the whole CNS exhaustion theory. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
Day 2/90 of P90X completed. Today we did Plyometrics, which consists alot of jumping and 'burst' exercises. There are alot of variations of jumping from a squatting position, as well as some various footwork exercises that I associate with football and soccer training.

Challenging. I treated it like a cardio program, and just did what I needed to keep my heart rate elevated.

Wow, you're doing P90X? You're a beast! That's one challenging workout, especially for us, uh, larger gentlemen. Good luck!

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx

You're on P90X? Interesting.

I know I'm out of the running cheat-wise, but I'm making an active effort to address my fatigue issue and get back on here anyway, just to do it. I've just picked up some medication which -should- help with the sinuses, and through that, my quality of sleep. I may give that program a whirl if all goes well. Very curious to see how beat up you are after a week of it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:devil: I think I'd love it if my name were Wrecking.

Aerobics class and Krav Maga today. Pilates on the step, it was boring XD Pilates are boooorrring. And Krav Maga was further chop and combo practice.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, you're doing P90X? You're a beast! That's one challenging workout, especially for us, uh, larger gentlemen. Good luck!

We'll see about the beast part. But I'm going to give it my all!

The fact that I've been hitting the gym for the duration of the contest, and actually sporadically since June before that, helps a bit. But I promise you, it's a combination of sheer determination and willingness to take extra breaks when I start losing my technique (usually well before they are done) that's allowing me to do this.

I know I'm out of the running cheat-wise, but I'm making an active effort to address my fatigue issue and get back on here anyway, just to do it. I've just picked up some medication which -should- help with the sinuses, and through that, my quality of sleep. I may give that program a whirl if all goes well. Very curious to see how beat up you are after a week of it.

I'll be sure to keep ya updated. :D I'm already really, really sore in my back. Yesterday, I kept on dropping things because my grip was fatigued. Hah. I wasn't a pretty sight.

Good luck. Please keep us updated on your progress. Overcoming obstacles like this, while not as glamorous, are still every bit a part of succeeding as actual exercise.

[youtube="O7xrr8XQ_-Y"]Shake Weight[/youtube]

I'd love to see the outtakes and bloopers for that commercial.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school, 25 min weights

Next semester I don't have gym, so... any ideas on what kind of classes I should look for in the wide outside world? :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kind of activities do you enjoy, Hap?

Trinity has some pretty good ideas... you can try pilates, yoga, or even boxing or a martial art if that interests you. If swimming is an option, you can always go for that. (It's not an accident that swimmers are generally very muscular and lean.)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 11 Begins: Time to stay warm in the approaching cold

Another week of exercises done. This week we can look forward to one of our fearless leaders, Trinity, starting a boxing class. So remember to be nice to her unless you want to get beaten up, killed, or even worse, banned.

As the cold approaches, please remember to do your warm-ups before exercising! It's much better to spend 5-10 minutes doing light cardio and stretching to loosen those muscles than it is to lose a week or more from an injury.

Anyway, as voted upon by 9/10 dentists, here are the results for Week 10. Remember, I'll update this list as I receive updates:

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	10
Clonester	7
Elaur		4
ergophobe	1
Fidelia		7
INTJMom		+1
kelric		10
Kyuuei		8
ladypinkington	4
PinkPiranha	10
poppy		6
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		3
Wolfy		10

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.

People that I need to hear from:
Blackcat
Colors
Jeffster
Jen
nynesneg
Winged

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh - while I'm thinking of it, my little "No Sugar, No Flour" diet experiment led to me losing 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks.

I'm going to relax it a small bit, but I think I'm going to more or less keep this diet for awhile.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh - while I'm thinking of it, my little "No Sugar, No Flour" diet experiment led to me losing 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks.

I'm going to relax it a small bit, but I think I'm going to more or less keep this diet for awhile.
Wow! Excellent! :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I worked out tonight! I'm getting more done during the day now that I'm working out at night.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What kind of activities do you enjoy, Hap?

Trinity has some pretty good ideas... you can try pilates, yoga, or even boxing or a martial art if that interests you. If swimming is an option, you can always go for that. (It's not an accident that swimmers are generally very muscular and lean.)

I don't think swimming is a choice, I have too much trouble breathing. :blush:

The only thing you've mentioned that we've done a lot of in class is pilates. I guess it's okay...

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So far this week:
Monday - no workout.
Tuesday:
Did 45 minutes of elliptical and 3 upper body weight machines.
Also signed up for two 5 ks - one in two weeks and one in the Spring. In two weeks, I just hope to complete the 5k, in the Spring, I hope to make better time and maybe actually run a longer course by then. Putting together a running schedule with some distance runners who share the dubious honor of being called my friends.
;)

Udog - I completed 3 last week out of 5. Friday through Sunday.

Last edited:

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
11-3 to 11-10

did 7 days of exercise but only 30 minutes on treadmill- though I managed the 100 situps. I think I might have to keep doing 30 minutes realistically because 1 hr is really hard for me to do and I guess 1 hr is too much right now. I don't know what ramifications that means. I am fine with whatever.

sorry, I need to post more regularly here.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm in a very strange mental space. Maybe it's just fluctuations of estrogen, but when I got to the end of my exercise video today, I cried... because I really love my teacher. She's perfect for me. And it's so important to find just the right thing that I will enjoy doing. My teacher is very encouraging and give lots of positive feedback. Yeah, I know it's just a video and she's not in the room with me in real life, nevertheless her words encourage me anyway. What a mess I am! I MUST be having a "hormone day"! Anyhow...

did my exercise routine for today AND I'm toying with the idea of getting the next difficult level videos. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P90X 3/90 completed. Today, we did shoulders and arms, followed by the Ab Super Duper Extreme Buster Crazy Ripper X (or whatever they call it).

The exercises consisted of 4 groups of 3 exercises, with the first one doing shoulders, the second hitting biceps, and the 3rd targeting triceps. Then they took a short break, did Round 2 of the exercises, and then moved on to the next group of 3 exercises. It's a pretty thorough workout.... I liked it quite a bit.

This is the first day that didn't have alot of body weight exercises (just some chair dips at one point). I ended up going too light with my weights and didn't push myself as hard as I should have. I've made notes to fix that next week. :D

I don't think swimming is a choice, I have too much trouble breathing. :blush:

The only thing you've mentioned that we've done a lot of in class is pilates. I guess it's okay...

What about the martial art option? Those will really work you out, and you'll learn how to defend yourself a bit.

Once I get my knee fully functional again, I'm going to look back into tennis lessons.

So far this week:
Monday - no workout.
Tuesday:
Did 45 minutes of elliptical and 3 upper body weight machines.
Also signed up for two 5 ks - one in two weeks and one in the Spring. In two weeks, I just hope to complete the 5k, in the Spring, I hope to make better time and maybe actually run a longer course by then. Putting together a running schedule with some distance runners who have the share the dubious honor of being called my friends.
;)

Udog - I completed 3 last week out of 5. Friday through Sunday.

Thanks for the update. Planning out a long term, challenging goal like that is a great idea! Also, so is bringing your friends into this. Tell them you owe them dinner at a really fancy place if you drop out of this. :D

11-3 to 11-10

did 7 days of exercise but only 30 minutes on treadmill- though I managed the 100 situps. I think I might have to keep doing 30 minutes realistically because 1 hr is really hard for me to do and I guess 1 hr is too much right now. I don't know what ramifications that means. I am fine with whatever.

sorry, I need to post more regularly here.

LadyPinkington, I'm not going to punish exercise. I'm not really all that concerned that you worked out 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes. Honestly, I consider 60 minutes of straight treadmill to be a bit overkill anyway. (Unless you are training for a big run, at least.)

You did great. If all you have time for is 30 minutes, then do the 30 minutes and be proud of yourself! No way I'm counting that as a cheat. :)

I'm in a very strange mental space. Maybe it's just fluctuations of estrogen, but when I got to the end of my exercise video today, I cried... because I really love my teacher. She's perfect for me. And it's so important to find just the right thing that I will enjoy doing. My teacher is very encouraging and give lots of positive feedback. Yeah, I know it's just a video and she's not in the room with me in real life, nevertheless her words encourage me anyway. What a mess I am! I MUST be having a "hormone day"! Anyhow...

did my exercise routine for today AND I'm toying with the idea of getting the next difficult level videos. :)

Mom - you've been through so much lately that you are allowed some days like this. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hardly consider you to be a 'mess'.

And I'm really happy that you've found a video that has a teacher you really like! That's important!

As far as getting the next level of videos.... if you are thinking about doing it, then DO IT!!! :D If they are too intense, there is no shame in backing off to the previous level. This way, at least you will have a goal to help drive you!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's veterans day and my parents want to go out to eat.. Mix that with my major headache from dealing with kids all day, and I don't know if I'm going to go to gym class today.