• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Took my body fat index today: 23.6% .. I lost 2%
Good for you!! I lost about 15 lbs earlier this year but have gained at least 5 of it back. lol. 23% body fat is actually my goal! I'll be happy with my body then, but will have to lose some more to get toned up for competition after that.

I already VM'd you, but you are very welcomed to join us! Have you figured out what kind of exercise goals you wish to aim for? (As in, how many times a a week and what kind of routine.)

Thank you both for the kindly welcome! :D So do you guys still have a particular day of the week when everyone checks in for accoutability?

Well here is what I would like to do (did before)...
4 days week weights. Doing Russian sets, with 10x10, and 3x15.
4 days week cardio. About 145 hr.
For nutrition, eating 6 small meals a day clean foods. Supposed to drink 3 liters of water a day, but that's hard.

I won't be able to start until Friday. Have to make my meals tomorrow afternoon. Have to figure out what I weight to be able to set current goals. :) I wanna get one of those sig bars to show progress too!

Gotta say, your photoshoot idea is genius! I had planned on scheduling a photoshoot after I get toned up (eventually). But hadn't thought of scheduling it now for extra accountability.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Man I think I have flunked big time.

Last Thursday to Wed Oct what 21st? What is today the 22nd- whatever yesterday which was Wed was,lol. Where was I - oh yeah- like 0 days- I have been doing exercises but not what I had put as my exercise regime. I have only been doing 30 minutes instead of 1 hr on the treadmill but not 5 days a week more like 3, I have been doing the 100 sit ups 5 days a week.

I need a big dunce cap.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did my workout today. It wasn't a full workout but that's all I could manage. I've been DEAD tired and couldn't figure out why until my 4 year old said "you aren't getting enough sleep at night" I then remembered that she has been crawling in bed with us (my side) a few times a night. I'm so dead tired. Anyone need a 4 year old?

Oh yeah, and I've been sticking to the Elaur Mini Challenge™ - yay!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I didn't walk to school but I did 25 minute weight training and oh dear it kicked my ass.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My morning plan is shot for the week - I haven't been sleeping well. :cry:

Anyway, I did Back/Biceps for lifting today. This is based on my old workout from a few years back, and compared to my more current compound based lifts (lifts that work multiple muscle groups at once), this is much more isolated. (Concentration curls, sitting rows, etc.) It was with great satisfaction that my max weights from a few years ago were pretty easy for me now. I also did a 60 minute walk.

Thank you both for the kindly welcome! :D So do you guys still have a particular day of the week when everyone checks in for accoutability?

I've been doing a week of Monday - Sunday, where Monday is 'report' day. Alternatively, you can just sign on and make a post about what you did. Like I did above. I'll record it and if I missed something, come Monday you can let me know.

Well here is what I would like to do (did before)...
4 days week weights. Doing Russian sets, with 10x10, and 3x15.
4 days week cardio. About 145 hr.
For nutrition, eating 6 small meals a day clean foods. Supposed to drink 3 liters of water a day, but that's hard.

I won't be able to start until Friday. Have to make my meals tomorrow afternoon. Have to figure out what I weight to be able to set current goals. :) I wanna get one of those sig bars to show progress too!

I'm impressed - that's a pretty challenging plan. I'll mark you down as 4x a week - but don't think I'm going to forget about your goals. :D

Good luck!

Man I think I have flunked big time.

Last Thursday to Wed Oct what 21st? What is today the 22nd- whatever yesterday which was Wed was,lol. Where was I - oh yeah- like 0 days- I have been doing exercises but not what I had put as my exercise regime. I have only been doing 30 minutes instead of 1 hr on the treadmill but not 5 days a week more like 3, I have been doing the 100 sit ups 5 days a week.

I need a big dunce cap.

Flunked? *pshaw* I dismiss such negative speak! 'Tis not welcome here, I say. Don't let Fattyroth get a critical hit on you!

Perhaps you hit a slow spot, but you'll recover. You did 30 minutes of treadmill 3x a week, plus 100 sit ups. That's pretty good, especially with all that you've been doing lately.

Unless you wish to consider those as cheats, why not just call it 2 cheats for last week?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I check in every day, just because it keeps it on my mind and is so encouraging. :cheese:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I destroyed Aerobics class today.

And then I got devoured by Krav Maga class. I focused more on the technique learned last session, with an added twist to it after I got it down pact a bit more, but bear crawling in gold-flaked gravel bare-palmed ftl. I'll have to remember to shove some cheap gloves in my pocket.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Oh! I forgot to post! :D I ran 1.75 miles (my stomach started to feel a bit wierd so I stopped before 2) and then I did a lot of arm workouts and some ab work.

Took my body fat index today: 23.6% .. I lost 2% :static:

Awesome. What's your end % aim? I've gone from 23 to 21.something%. About 8 more lb to go, with an end result of 20.8 or so. Midrange healthy, anyway.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I dunno about BF%, Id like it to be a bit lower but I don't think my female figure allows it to dip into the teens :laugh: so I suppose this is as close as I will get, but based on the results 20% would be perfect at a weight of 130.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Since my husband died 6 months ago, I've lost quite a bit of weight. It was a combination of not having much of an appetite, and when I DID eat, I didn't have any desire for junk food. My body just wanted real food. Anything for the junk food aisle is my downfall. I love the crispiness.

I'm only 5'1". I used to weight 155 and wear a size 14.
Last time I checked (I don't own a scale) I weighed under 130 and I'm wearing size 8 right now.

I would like to stay this size because the clothes available in the stores is so much nicer at this size, but that's going to take discipline I think.
I can't go back to my old habits, or I will just end up a size 14 again.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately, it does take discipline. I've read it takes about a year for your body to adjust to a new body type, so that means internally you are still a size 14, and your mind is trying to get you back there because that is what it thinks is 'normal'.

If you can stay at a size 8 for a year or so, it should start feeling more natural to you. I believe you manage this. :)

One trick is to pay attention to how clothes fit. If they start getting tight on you, you know that you need to sharpen up a bit. Change your behavior before you need to change your clothes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A simple formula calorie-wise is to take your target weight and times it by 10 (1,300kcal in your case). Some simple substitutions will help you achieve your goal, but 130 is a decent weight to manage and leaves for some wiggle room in your diet. I believe you'll be fine so long as 3/4ths of your consuming is 'real' food, while the other 1/4th is whatever you shove in your mouth from said lovely aisle.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Unfortunately, it does take discipline. I've read it takes about a year for your body to adjust to a new body type, so that means internally you are still a size 14, and your mind is trying to get you back there because that is what it thinks is 'normal'.

If you can stay at a size 8 for a year or so, it should start feeling more natural to you. I believe you manage this. :)

One trick is to pay attention to how clothes fit. If they start getting tight on you, you know that you need to sharpen up a bit. Change your behavior before you need to change your clothes.
Thanks for the input!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I completed my Chest and Triceps workout, and went for a 60 minute walk.

I really dislike going to the gym after work, but I'm glad I got it out of the way so I can avoid the cheat.

25 min yoga

I think I'm too fat to do yoga. :(

Yoga is harder than it looks. Not only does it really test your flexibility, but it also works your core strength. When I was looking into joining a rock gym for mountain climbing 4 years ago, the guy I talked to suggested Yoga as a great way to strengthen my core muscles in preparation for rock climbing.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Here is a pretty solid article on diet I was reading today. Seven Simple Steps to Get Lean and Get Healthy
Seven reminds me of an old article 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs
Thanks for that article Wolfy.
Apparently, it's a PART OF a plan because the writer says to cut out all these things and then reintroduce them one at a time... later... but that part isn't in the article.

Helpful just the same, though.
Though I was wondering... after you cut all that out, what is there left to eat?! LOL!