• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
- Ran/elliptical work for 35 minutes - 450 calories knocked off
- New weight technique: two 10-lb barbels pressed together between outstretched arms - rep = single chest press extension. 4 reps of 5 extensions for great shoulder/abs routine

Best of luck everyone!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My shoulders are still sore from yesterday's weights - does that count? :cheese:

Just kidding - will do my 30 minutes today and weights.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have school all day today but I did some lunges and sqauts this morning
while my coffee was brewing and I think I'm gonna hit up the school gym after
this class because I have a lengthy break:)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good luck guys! You all did such a wonderful job so far!

:D I've reached my targets for today as well.

Quick recap:

15 min. cardio warm up (stepper, level 6, 105 kcal)
30 min. weight training (circle - 30 sec. break in between machines)
45 min. cardio training (elliptical machine, level 14, 651 kcal)

Caloric intake: about 1500 kcal

For more detailed info, check out my exercise log :D in the blog section. I won't post in here every time, or you'll hate me after a month. I'll continue to post there.

:hug: :static:

I know you guys will do awesome!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I won't be exercising til later.

*siphons away all of Night's Go Juice*

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I did some exercise today but I'm not in pain so I don't think I did it right...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, did mine for the day. I also did some of my shoulder exercises. I'm going to have to try to remember what those were. I had my 4 year old take some (scary) before pics which I'm not going to post quite yet!

I am now a zombie.

Heh. *withholds comment about the need for brains*

I mean, great way to start off!

I have school all day today but I did some lunges and sqauts this morning
while my coffee was brewing and I think I'm gonna hit up the school gym after
this class because I have a lengthy break:)

Ah.. the early morning workout - they are the best. Even if the rest of the day sucks, you know you did something to make yourself healthier. That's a good habit to get into if you can manage it. :yes:

I did some exercise today but I'm not in pain so I don't think I did it right...

Heh. Depends - if it's the first time you've exercised in a while, you may want to keep an eye out for tomorrow and the day afterward. If you don't get sore, then that means you can push yourself a might harder. :) What kind of exercise did you do?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Today: 30 minutes of Cross Trainer cardio. One hour of circuit training in my Weight Training class. Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred with 5lb. dumbbells.

Practiced skateboarding yesterday, so not doing it tonight.

wolfy

awsm
Goal is to train three times a week. Bench 140kg in a loose shirt and deadlift 220kg in a belt @ under 80kg. I want to get as close to a double bw bench and triple bw deadlift as I can. Present bw is 76kg

Benched up to easy max (no failure) 110kg
Close grip press 90kg 3 sets of 3
Dumbbell Incline press 30kg 3X8
DB Shoulder press 17.5kg 3X15

25 min cycling.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forgot to post here.

Did all my exercises (lunges, push ups, sit ups, and pilates)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Great work kyuuei, wolfy, and Antimony!

I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow for squats, bench, deadlifts (1 set), and dips (most likely machine assisted :laugh:). Oh yeah, and my old knee exercises as well.

I'll be curious to hear how sore people will be tomorrow.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was a a great idea. On and off I exercise, more on than off still.

But I mean, now it is a competition of sorts, and there is no way in hell I can back down now!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heh. Depends - if it's the first time you've exercised in a while, you may want to keep an eye out for tomorrow and the day afterward. If you don't get sore, then that means you can push yourself a might harder. :) What kind of exercise did you do?

I've been exercising since last week.

I did wall-sits, some kind of lifting thing (though it was easy and then my shoulder went *crack* and really hurt so I think I did that wrong), leg climbs, push-ups, some weights... drr. things like that.

I was in a lot of pain last week and it only recently stopped this morning -- particularly my left knee.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been exercising since last week.

I did wall-sits, some kind of lifting thing (though it was easy and then my shoulder went *crack* and really hurt so I think I did that wrong), leg climbs, push-ups, some weights... drr. things like that.

I was in a lot of pain last week and it only recently stopped this morning -- particularly my left knee.

As far as lifting, technique is critical, as it's possible to do serious damage. And it's really hard to undo it. Do you have a recreation center or some place you can go to to learn proper lifting form? Also, youtube does provide some resources if that's more your thing.

A trip to the Dr. may not be a bad idea, either. They may be able to offer good advice and make sure your knee is in okay shape. Trust me - you want to take good care of your knees. You'll miss them dearly if they quit working properly.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
As far as lifting, technique is critical, as it's possible to do serious damage. And it's really hard to undo it. Do you have a recreation center or some place you can go to to learn proper lifting form? Also, youtube does provide some resources if that's more your thing.

A trip to the Dr. may not be a bad idea, either. They may be able to offer good advice and make sure your knee is in okay shape. Trust me - you want to take good care of your knees. You'll miss them dearly if they quit working properly.

It was the muscle above the knee, the one that you use when going up stairs and sitting down.

I'm in a class, so, I guess the teachers are supposed to be monitoring that? I've been corrected a few times.

It just doesn't seem right that I go from struggling up stairs for hours after a workout to completely fine in less than a week.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did end up going to the gym before my Biology lab. I tried to take it easy, since it's been a few weeks since I've exercised regularly.
10 minutes on the elliptical
20 minutes on treadmill (10 minutes at 2 mph 10 minutes at 4 mph) I switched up the incline when i felt like it.
10 minutes on bike machine thingy
20 chest fly reps
20 leg press reps

I think i got my 45 minutes in for the day. :)

wolfy

awsm
It was the muscle above the knee, the one that you use when going up stairs and sitting down.

I'm in a class, so, I guess the teachers are supposed to be monitoring that? I've been corrected a few times.

It just doesn't seem right that I go from struggling up stairs for hours after a workout to completely fine in less than a week.

Are you saying the muscle above your knee (quadriceps) hurt after training for a week then came right?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are you saying the muscle above your knee (quadriceps) hurt after training for a week then came right?

It hurt once, then it hurt worse through pilates which really doesn't have anything to do with that muscles, it hurt all weekend, and then it kind of stopped this morning.

So... about Thursday to today.

Keep in mind this was only the left. The other one has been fine.

wolfy

awsm
It hurt once, then it hurt worse through pilates which really doesn't have anything to do with that muscles, it hurt all weekend, and then it kind of stopped this morning.

So... about Thursday to today.

Keep in mind this was only the left. The other one has been fine.

Go and get it looked at. Like Udog said, look after your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Got up and worked out first thing this morning. Go, me! We will not discuss the eating plan. :p