• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Crap. So I might as well do something I like, like walk a lot more?

I am okay with my weight right now. I'm around 120 lbs, 5'2" tall, and small-framed, which seems not bad for a 39 year old mother of four.

Until about five years ago I weighed under 90 lbs, so I'm happy to have gained some weight. I just don't want to keep gaining at that rate and I don't like where a lot of it landed.

Try as I might when I was younger I could not gain weight and I didn't consciously do anything to finally start gaining, so I don't feel very in control of it. That makes me nervous because I know it's hard to get off once it gets on and I'm not getting any younger.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
120 at 5'2?!! You're a stick, what do you mean high end of normal range?!

I'm 146 at 5'3!! :doh:

To edit: I didnt mean that in a bad way.. :cry: It's just so impossible for me to get down to that size. I was only ever 119 once in my life, and I must've aged years within the few months it took me to get there.

G

Glycerine

yeah 120 is pretty good. One of my good friends is 5'2 and she fluctuates between 110-120 lbs. We both are fairly petite but she's just a bit more curvy than me. :D According to BMI, 120 for 5' 2 is perfect... its pretty much in the middle of the normal range.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
120 at 5'2?!! You're a stick, what do you mean high end of normal range?!

I'm 146 at 5'3!! :doh:

To edit: I didnt mean that in a bad way.. :cry: It's just so impossible for me to get down to that size. I was only ever 119 once in my life, and I must've aged years within the few months it took me to get there.
Frame makes a big difference. I have a really, really small frame. Like a bird or something. Too small.
yeah 120 is pretty good. One of my good friends is 5'2 and she fluctuates between 110-120 lbs. We both are fairly petite but she's just a bit more curvy than me. :D According to BMI, 120 for 5' 2 is perfect... its pretty much in the middle of the normal range.
Yeah, the only time I've had curves was when I was breast-feeding. And now I am getting them in the wrong places. :(

G

Glycerine

:yes: Everyone has six pack abs, but you have to have a pretty low body fat percentage for them to actually show.
Also, for the most part, it's usually unhealthy for females (and to a certain extent, males) to have fully defined six-packs because you have to get down to a pretty low body fat percentage. The body needs fat to protect the cells and organs.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
cafe--I betcha anything quitting daily soda will help you drop those few pounds without you doing anything else to your diet. You sound like you have a good metabolism. I'm the same way--when I quit (or cut back on) my ICEE intake, I lose weight relatively effortlessly. You'll be able to see your ab muscles then, most likely. Maybe not like in the fitness magazines (I think those people do nothing but eat grilled chicken breasts and drink protein shakes.), but it'll do a lot toward removing the layer covering your abs.

Walked three fast/cardio miles today, made homemade pasta and veggies. Fourth day of just one small ICEE. Don't really crave extra sugar anymore, nor processed foods. Looked at the Big Cheez Its and chips in my pantry and the fudge on my counter, and didn't want any of it. Kinda grossed out by the thought.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I haven't been posting my progress, because I have been too lazy. I think I will just post at the end of the week.

I have done everything I am supposed to do every day this week.

It feels pretty great.

wolfy

awsm
Okay, I haven't been posting my progress, because I have been too lazy. I think I will just post at the end of the week.

It feels pretty great.

Have you been training so much your fingers are tired?

I had a training partner who went shopping after a training session only to have the cashier call the manager to check his signature, his fingers were shaking so much he couldn't sign his name.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My right leg and arm are still sore after Wednesday's walk.

If we're walking again I just won't do it...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Frame makes a big difference. I have a really, really small frame. Like a bird or something. Too small.

Yeah, the only time I've had curves was when I was breast-feeding. And now I am getting them in the wrong places. :(

:hug: Well, you are off to a great start. Let's see how your current plan of action is working over the course of a couple of weeks, and adjust it if necessary.

I agree with Tallulah about the soda. 2 Cherry Cokes (12oz cans) are 300 calories, and over 12 days will amount to 1 pound. I know Coke Zero isn't as good, but the question is: Is the sacrifice in taste worth it? Anyway, that's just a thought, as the diet Cokes with aspartame have their own potential issues.

Also, for the most part, it's usually unhealthy for females (and to a certain extent, males) to have fully defined six-packs because you have to get down to a pretty low body fat percentage. The body needs fat to protect the cells and organs.

:yes: You have to start being very careful when you get into the lower body fat % for a variety of reasons.

Walked three fast/cardio miles today, made homemade pasta and veggies. Fourth day of just one small ICEE. Don't really crave extra sugar anymore, nor processed foods. Looked at the Big Cheez Its and chips in my pantry and the fudge on my counter, and didn't want any of it. Kinda grossed out by the thought.

Hah, I love it when I get to the stage where the cravings go away. Are these items yours? If so, may I recommend you throw them away? Things you leave in the pantry have a tendency to get eaten if left there long enough.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

It feels pretty great.
Classic ENTP : P.

I'm the same, I can do over 2 hours of cardio daily for a while yet i'm too lazy to post 2 lines about my weekly progression;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm the same, I can do over 2 hours of cardio daily for a while yet i'm too lazy to post 2 lines about my weekly progression;)

Hah, that's okay! It's the exercise that's important. As long as we get some sort of acknowledgment that you are still with us, I'm cool with it. :cool:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:hug: Well, you are off to a great start. Let's see how your current plan of action is working over the course of a couple of weeks, and adjust it if necessary.

I agree with Tallulah about the soda. 2 Cherry Cokes (12oz cans) are 300 calories, and over 12 days will amount to 1 pound. I know Coke Zero isn't as good, but the question is: Is the sacrifice in taste worth it? Anyway, that's just a thought, as the diet Cokes with aspartame have their own potential issues.
:cry: I guess I will have to think of something. This just sucks, though, and I'm really annoyed at my body. All those years of emaciated flat-chestedness and now this! :mad:

The only way this will work is if I buy something to replace the soda that I can just grab without any prep work, that I like and will consider an indulgence. I can't be trusted otherwise because I will feel deprived. :violin:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hah, that's okay! It's the exercise that's important. As long as we get some sort of acknowledgment that you are still with us, I'm cool with it. :cool:
I might accept to sign autographs from time to time :rolleyes:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:cry: I guess I will have to think of something. This just sucks, though, and I'm really annoyed at my body. All those years of emaciated flat-chestedness and now this! :mad:

I've seen a picture or two of you. You are very pretty.

The only way this will work is if I buy something to replace the soda that I can just grab without any prep work, that I like and will consider an indulgence. I can't be trusted otherwise because I will feel deprived. :violin:

Is 1 Coke Zero and 1 real soda an acceptable place to start? Also, drink the real soda after you do your crunches and walk with your husband. Your muscles will need to have glucose replenished, so a higher percentage of the calories will go towards that vs being converted into fat. PLUS, you can view the soda as a reward for exercising on those days. That subtle shift in mental attitude can pay off weeks/months down the road.

I do not recommend quitting your soda habit altogether right now. There's no reason you should do something that feels like punishment.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, I exercise and all, but posting is just a hassle.

Way to be a classic ENTP too :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok I did my workout :D

So I guess if I do my workout tomorrow that accounts for 4 days, which is all the days the kids had school this week.

To Ant and Eck: Some of us need the encouragement of posting every day. :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really need encouragement because

I

AM

NOT

ALLOWED

TO

FAIL

A

CHALLENGE

I would beat myself up over it and kill myself. But here is a team of little cheerleaders for your support.

:static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static:
:static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static: :static:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, other people should follow your example and get their own domineering coach / dominatrix so they'd get punished in a contructive way whenever they fuck something up

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today is a celebration day which means I can eat whatever the hell I want (just today). Tomorrow is rigid regimen day (diet and exercise) again. (After I see that I've gained 3 kg :blush:).